Stretch marks are thick lines on the skin which appear on various parts of the body like arms, breasts, hip, lower back, and especially on the abdomen. That is caused by the distension of the skin from obesity, muscle growth, or pregnancy
Causes of stretch marks
Stretch marks are also called striae it occurs when your skin changes due to weight gain.
They are not a sign of any wrong with your health.
Men and women can get stretch marks. Puberty and pregnancy are the leading cause of stretch marks.
The reason behind these awful stretches
A sudden change in the body results in stretch marks as our skin finds it difficult to stretch and cope with the changes occurring in the body and these long and thin rippled lines, called stria, appear.
This unexpected change may be due to pregnancy, obesity, weight loss, weight gain, over intake of steroids, vigorous physical exercises under bodybuilding, implant surgery of breasts, or a medical condition called Marfan syndrome, which is a genetic disease that results in the weakening of the skin fibers and uneven growth. Stretch marks also continue to persist in families.
During pregnancy, hormones get secreted because of which skin fibers weaken, and stretch marks are caused over the surface of the tummy.
The stretch marks that result due to pregnancy might become invisible once you lose those extra kilos, irrespective of the area affected.
There are several natural ways to get rid of these stretch marks
Use any of the mentioned home remedies. It may take several weeks or months to show effectiveness; please be informed that using it for 1st or 2nd time will not work. You have done this regularly until stretch marks are gone.
Preventing stretch marks is the key to not ever getting them in the first place. There are ways to make sure that during your pregnancy you won’t have stretch marks afterward and that all you will have is the wonderful baby you have been carrying for nine months.
Types of treatment for stretch marks
Treating stretch marks is easy and quick. Doctors tend to start the medication process just after having a look at your skin, even without undergoing any medical tests as such.
To a maximum extent, he can ask for your medical history, the cause of stretch marks, or the medications you have previously undergone for treating the marks.
The obvious make-up intends to hide the stretches to some extent. A variety of creams, gels, ointments, and oils are readily available in the market that boasts to cure stretch marks, but the results remain unsatisfactory most of the time.
A few suggestions that may help to avoid or get rid of the stretches are as follows:
Collagen is a kind of protein that increases the elasticity of the skin. An increase in the level of collagen in the body may reduce the chances of getting stretch marks. Both Lupin seed extracts and StriVectin-SD are known to increase the level of collagen in the body.
The products that come with tretinoin, contain retinoid which is a complex substance relatable to Vitamin A and is famous for catalyzing the production of collagen in the body.
Besides, tretinoin helps in fading newer stretch marks but can cause red, irritated, or scaly skin as side effects. Wrinkles also get cured with the use of tretinoin. Buy Stretch Mark Removal Cream on Amazon for better discounts and deals.
This is a kind of herbal oil that works in boosting up the cells in the body that produces collagen and build up the skin tissue. The oil is also used to heal wounds in some instances.
Centella Asiatica is one of the over-the-counter methods to fade away the stretch marks, but there is no substantial proof supporting the statement.
Certain studies show that women who were found to massage their belly area with bitter almond oil during their respective periods of pregnancy tend to have lesser stretch marks than those who used the oil but not with the massage.
Moisturizers such as vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and olive oil are known to make the skin feel softer, but their effect on stretch marks has no solid proof.
Do stretch marks have any permanent solution?
With the growth of the dermatology department, there has evolved a series of solutions that can be used to get rid of stretch marks. A few of them are listed below:
Fractional CO2 laser therapy:
A new method of treatment, fractional CO2 laser therapy, tends to get rid of white old stretch marks. Studies show that women’s marks were removed after nearly five sessions compared to people who used creams having tretinoin and glycolic acid.
In this method, the topmost layer of the skin is removed with the help of tiny crystals and specific reports say that this treatment helped in removing reddish and new stretch marks when complemented with skin peels.
Pulsed dye laser therapy:
Treating the light as a tool, this treatment uses a painless beam of light on red and new stretches which works on calming the blood vessels under the skin that may have caused the stretch marks.
Surgery, being the ultimate solution can remove stretch marks, but often results in the formation of scars and are more painful and extravagant.
Stretch marks, though tend to fade away with time, look awful especially if any exposed body part is affected.
Along with the physique, the person gets affected mentally as well, which results in lesser confidence and avoiding a specific type of dress or even covering the area affected most of the time.
As every problem comes with a solution, stretch marks also come up with a range of remedies that will help the stretch marks either fade away or erase them.
Choose your answer take a dermatologist’s concern and work toward stretch mark-free skin!
How to get rid of stretch marks
There are many over-the-counter measures you can take that will help you accomplish this and I will talk about something you can make yourself, too.
Vitamin A contains retinoids that help make skin appear smoother and more young.
Vitamin A is used worldwide for many cosmetic products.
According to the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, Vitamin A has been found to make the skin more youthful and healthy.
- Take 4 tbsp. Of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add oil from 5 vitamin A capsules and 10 vitamin E capsules.
- Rub this mixture on the affected area until it gets absorbed.
- Also, you can apply aloe vera directly on the stretch marks.
- Apply some aloe vera gel and after a few minutes of application, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Take enough olive oil depending upon stretch marks and warm it up slightly.
- Gently rub it on the affected area.
- The blood circulation will improve, and stretch marks will get reduced naturally. Do this till you see changes on stretch marks.
It is possible to remove stretch marks with lemon juice. Get a fresh lemon and cut it into small pieces and then squeeze the liquid onto the area with stretch marks. Since the lemon juice is acidic, it will bleach your skin and make the stretch marks less noticeable. The scars might even fade away with time.
- Take equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice tablespoon each.
- Mix them and apply this directly to the affected area.
- Wash it off after 20 minutes with warm water.
- Apply castor oil directly to the stretch marks and massage it in a circular motion for about 15 minutes.
- After massaging,
- wrap the affected area with a clean cotton cloth.
- With the help of a heating pad or hot water bottle, apply some heat to the affected area.
- Do this for at least 30 minutes daily for one month.
- Using a medium-sized potato, cut into thick slices.
- Rub2-3 slices gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes.
- Let the juice dry, then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Exfoliation is a must for the skin to keep it healthy.
- You can use sugar for exfoliation.
- Briskly rub 1 tbsp. Of sugar crystals on your wet face with your fingers in a circular motion.
- Suppose you like to add some raw honey. Honey acts as an antioxidant.
- This exfoliation will also help the marks to fade away.
- Another effective way to reduce stretch marks is by using apricots.
- Make the paste of 2-3 deseeded apricots.
- Apply and leave for 15-20 minutes, then use lukewarm water to wash off your skin.
- Eggs are rich in proteins and amino acids.
- Take two egg whites and, with the help of a fork, whip them well.
- With the help of a brush, apply a thick layer of egg whites to the marks.
- Please leave it to dry completely and wash with cold water.
- Apply some olive oil or a moisturizer to moisturize the skin. ,
- continue the process for two weeks.
Cocoa and Shea Butter
This is probably the most effective way for stretch mark removal. Men apply on the skin; cocoa butter penetrates deep into the skin to repair damaged cells.
It should be used in the morning and before bed for more effective results. Cocoa butter contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C, Eat these are essential to encourage new skin cell production.
- Take two tablespoons of Cocoa Butter and Shea butter and adds 1 tablespoon of Vitamin E oil.
- Massage this mixture for a few minutes.
- Properly hydrated skin makes your skin appear more toned.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily.
- Keeping your skin hydrated will also help minimize new stretch marks formation.
- You can also use detoxifying drinks for better results.
- You can also make homemade stretch mark removal cream using natural ingredients.
- Get 6 capsules of vitamin A and E each and add to 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Add 1/4 cup of aloe vera and mix the ingredients.
- The paste should be applied three times a day.
Vitamin E Cream
This cream comes in form of gel capsules which you can open and apply to the skin. The cream reduces stretch marks on the skin and should be applied daily for effective results. You should use it for two weeks.
There are some foods that you can eat to help you eradicate stretch marks. These include foods that are rich in vitamin A such as green vegetables, milk, beetroot, and butter.
Oranges, strawberries, and lemons are rich sources of vitamin C while nuts can provide your body with vitamin E to help remove stretch marks.
- Apply honey to the area with stretch marks using a piece of cloth.
- Leave the skin to dry and then wash with warm water.
- Alternatively, add glycerin and salt to some honey for making a scrub remedy.
- Use the scrub on the affected skin and leave it for 5 minutes before washing.
You can use a mixture of essential oils and nourishing oils to get rid of stretch marks. Oils that nourish that may be used for the treatment of stretch marks are wheat germ oil,
- Almond oil, and olive oil. Combine these oils with essential oils like orange oil and rosemary oil and
- Apply gently to the area with stretch marks.
- This should be done before you go to bed.
Massage increases blood circulation in the skin to help make sure the area damaged gets enough nutrients. Once the damaged area starts receiving nutrients it will recover, and Within no time the stretch marks will become less noticeable.
Exercising regularly makes your skin more elastic and since the loose skin is more prone to stretch marks, you are less likely to have them if you exercise regularly.
Keeping your body hydrated is one of the most effective home remedies for stretch marks and just about every other health condition that exists, actually. The water helps the body to get rid of waste. Ideally, you should drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water per day.
The recipe is easy and will last a while so make enough to use for a month or so then you can make some more. You can start preventing stretch marks as soon as you know you are pregnant, if not before.
The recipe is as follows:
- 8 tsp beeswax, grated then melted
1 cup of cocoa butter
1 tbsp wheat germ oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vitamin E oil
- Melt the beeswax in a small saucepan over low heat then add all other ingredients.
- Mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- Stir together before each use if the oils separate.
- Rub onto the skin of your belly twice daily throughout your pregnancy.
The cocoa butter will help keep your skin soft while the beeswax locks in moisture. If the beeswax should harden again after the initial mixing just toss the whole mixture into the microwave to warm it up and remelt the beeswax. Stir well and rub the warmed lotion onto your belly.
Wheat germ oil, sesame oil, and vitamin E.
Wheat germ oil, sesame oil, and vitamin E oil all hold properties that aid in the nourishing and healing of the skin. They all can be found at your local natural food store. You may pay a little more for organic but it will be worth it in the long run.
If this does not appeal to you then you can go to the store and just get good cocoa butter with no added preservatives. Make sure there are no additives or chemicals that could be absorbed by your skin and harm the baby.
If you are unsure, make a list of ingredients to your doctor and she will tell you whether the product you have chosen is right for you and your baby.
Always read the labels and discuss anything new you want to introduce to your body. Everything you do affects that baby in some way so just be careful.
It is better to be safe than sorry. You should continue to use the above homemade lotion well after the baby is born until your belly returns to normal size.
Anything that will nourish and moisturize your skin will help and there are quite a few things to try.
This recipe is one of the best things I have ever put on my body and I wish I had this recipe when I was pregnant. Mix it up and enjoy it.
You will have done an excellent job of preventing stretch marks and having one less worry after your baby is born if you have been diligent and used this product or anything else you have chosen to use. Just make sure that what you use is pure and has no preservatives.
If all else fails you can talk to your doctor about laser therapy to reduce stretch marks. It won’t be covered by your insurance but like I said. if all else fails.
The tips in this article would be a huge help for you to get rid of stretch marks. This would really mean a lot. Thanks for notching this one out.
Comments are closed.