The pain of a sore throat is known to people who experience it, It gives irritable feelings of scratchiness, tenderness, pain and irritation inIt gives irritable feelings of scratchiness, tenderness, pain and irritation in the throat that usually escalates when one swallows food or water It usually accompanies viral infection like flu and cold It also occurs due to exposure to excessive dust, smoke, fumes or anything else that irritates the mucous membrane located at the back of the mouth and throat.
Home Remedies for a sore throat
- You can use raw honey directly.
- Take a spoonful of honey and have it just like that.
- Or else you can also mix it up in a warm glass of water and drink. You can also squeeze
- You can also squeeze in some fresh juice of the half lemon in your warm drink.
- This will thin the mucus and relief from soreness.
- Take salt water solution of 1/2 teaspoon of salt better (Himalayan) in a glass of warm water and gargle a few times.
- This helps reduce swelling and keeps the throat clean.
- Repeat this daily in the morning and before bedtime.
Peppermint contains menthol that helps thin mucus and calm sore throats.
- Make a tea of mint leaves by boiling a few leaves in 1 glass of water.
- Remove from heat, strain and add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well and have it while it is warm.
- You can also make use of peppermint essential oil.
- Add in 2-3 drops of oil in any tea of our choice and drink it while it’s still warm.
Apple cider vinegar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of boiling water.
- Drink it or you can also use for gargling purpose.
- But for it just skip the honey part.
- Suck 1 piece of garlic by placing it on each cheek.
- Crush your teeth against it to release the allicin ( the active component in garlic).
- Have 1-2 piece of garlic daily and not more than that.
- Cloves are effective for sore throats because of their anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anaesthetic properties.
- Place a clove or two in your cheek and keep sucking until they become soft.
- Formerly chew and swallow.
- In a cupful of warm water dilute the hydrogen peroxide of about one cap full.
- Gargle thoroughly and also rinse your mouth a few times.
- In 1 cup of boiling water add 2 teaspoons of sage leaves and 1/4th teaspoon of salt.
- You can use either dried or fresh leaf. Boil and then pour it along with the sage in a glass.
- Steep it for 20 minutes but also cover it.
- Strain it and gargle as needed.
The anti-inflammatory compounds present in ginger roots are called gingerols. These compounds are responsible for making ginger a beneficial tool for various inflammatory health conditions.
- Take 2-3 cups of water and add 2 inches long, crushed ginger.
- Let this boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat add 2 teaspoons of honey to it and mix well.
- Drink this ginger tea daily.
- In 3-4 cups of water boil pomegranate rinds for 15 minutes.
- Remove the rinds from the hot water after boiling.
- Gargle thoroughly for at least 30 seconds.
Home treatment is always considered to be the best way to cure a sore throat caused by a virus or atmospheric infection. The above tips will surely help you feel better. Also, gargling with warm water with salt is a proven way to reduce swelling of the throat and relieve you from discomfort.