What is a cough?
A cough is one of the most common illnesses that we all experience several times in our lives. An occasional cough is no cause for concern; however, a cough that lasts for weeks, or one that shows bloody mucus requires emergency care Once the winter approaches, the greatest fear is to be safe from cold and diseases that follow it A cough is one of them Scientifically speaking, it is just a natural body reflex to keep our lungs and airway away from foreign materials, However, constant coughing causes discomfort and irritability so it needs to be looked into.
Causes of cold & cough
- Viruses and bacteria
- Some medicine
- Damage to the vocal cords
- Postnasal drip
Exposure: if you nearby crowd, in school,
or a plane, you are more prone to viruses that cause colds
Time of year: Adults and children both are susceptible to colds in fall and
winter, but you can get a cold anytime.
Weak immune system: If you are suffering from any chronic disease or if your
the immune system is weak, your risks increase to get cold and cough.
Effective home remedies for cough and cold
- 5 — 6 carrots
- Few drops of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Take fresh carrots & make it juice with the help of mixture & blender
- Add water to dilute it
- To enhance the taste, add one teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink it three to four times a day
- Take it regularly until you get relief from a cough and its symptoms
Turmeric for cough & cold
- Add one teaspoon turmeric powder,
- 2 cinnamon sticks, and one teaspoon black pepper to half a cup of water.
- Boil this for 2-3 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this daily to get relief from a cough.
Ginger for cough & cold
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Take a tsp of ginger
- Mix it well with honey
- Drink it three times a day to get relief from a chronic cough
- You can also add some lemon juice and honey.
Lemon for cough & cold
- Sucking of lemon is the most popular remedy.
- Just apply some salt and black pepper and suck it.
- Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this mixture several times a day.
- Also, try lemonade made by boiling 1 glass of water then squeeze in ½ a lemon and let it cool until it is warm.
- Add 1 tbsp. of honey to it.
Garlic for cough & cold
Garlic has antibiotic properties and can cure cough if eaten daily. To cure cough, it is recommended to eat at least 2-3 cloves every day.
- Crush a clove of garlic mixed with some honey.
- Also, you can boil a few crushed garlic in a cup of milk until the milk reduces to 3/4
- Also, you can boil a few crushed garlic in a cup of milk until the milk reduces to 3/4th Strain away the garlic and drink the milk preferably before bedtime.
Flax seeds for cough & cold
- Boil 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 1 cup of water until the water reduces and becomes thick.
- Strain into a glass and add 3 tablespoons of honey and lemon juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon daily morning and before going to bed.
Black pepper for cough & cold
- Put 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons of honey in a cup.
- Fill it with water and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink as needed.
- This hot drink will soothe your throat as well as relieve you from a cough.
Honey for cough & cold
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of honey in one glass of hot milk.
- Drink this before going to bed.
- it helps you to sleep better and keeps a cough away.
Oregano for cough & cold
- Boil some oregano leaves in a cup of water. Strain and drink it.
- Another remedy is to boil 2 cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs of fresh oregano in 2 cups of water.
- Cool it down and add 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Steep this mixture overnight.
- Strain it in the morning and drink it.
Thyme for cough & cold
Thyme tea is a healthy cure for coughs. It contains thymol and carvacrol, and these components soothe the throat by loosening the phlegm. Thyme tea should be taken thrice a day until the cough goes away.
- Thyme flavonoid relaxes the muscles of the trachea and bronchi and also opens up airways which results in less coughing.
- Mix 2 teaspoons crushed leaves in 1 cup boiling water, cover, then steep for 10 minutes and strain.
Apple vinegar for cough & cold
Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water then add honey and drink it warm.
- Mix 1/4 tablespoon crushed ginger,
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper,
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and drink it warm.
- Apple cider vinegar and honey in this drink can clear congestion and reduce your cough.
Onion for cough & cold
Onions are also good for treating cough. Simmer the onions in water with some honey added. when the onions are soft, remove them. Eat one onion every 6 hours until a cough is gone.
Chamomile tea for cough & cold
Chamomile or Green Tea also helps soothe the throat. Add honey to the tea to keep the throat moisturized.
Salt Water Gargle for cough & cold
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- A glass of warm water
- 1.Mix the salt in a glass of warm water
- 2. Use this as a mouthwash to gargle your mouth
- 3.1t reduces the soreness in your throat and then cough
- 4. Do it 2-3 times a day to get rid of sore throat and cough.
Garlic & Honey for cough & cold
- 2 3 cloves of garlic
- Cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of honey Directions:
- 1. Take 2-3 cloves of garlic
2. Boil it in a cup of water
3. Then add the teaspoon of oregano
4. Allow it to cool for some time to reach room temperature
5 Add some honey into it
6. Drink this liquid at least twice a day
7. This process will help you in breathing & reduces cough symptoms.
Onion for cough and cold
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of honey
- .Take onions & water into a glass pyrex pan.
- Bake it at 250 degrees in the oven for 30
- Take it out and pour the juice can.
- then add honey to the juice mix
- it well until the honey dissolved in it.
- drink it daily to get relief from cough & cold
Cayenne Pepper for cough & cold
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1.Mix all the ingredients to make a cough syrup
- 2. Drink this syrup two to three times a day to get relief from a cough.
- 3. Do this regularly until you get rid of a cough.