This diet is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, and zinc, which are all necessary for keeping the immune system strengthened and combated all kinds of viruses and bacteria. Additionally, the sufferer must abstain from consuming acidic and salty foods, spices and condiments, chocolates, oatmeal, peanuts, food grains, peas, and whole wheat as they have arginine that aggravates the problem.
So, the intake of these products must be restricted as much as possible. Also, excessive consumption of tea and coffee, alcoholic beverages, processed foods must also be avoided as they weaken the immune system. Consuming two cloves of garlic every day keeps most kinds of viruses and bacteria at bay because of its antiviral properties.
- When blisters erupt, one can apply witch hazel, aloe vera gel, or press warm used teabag on the blister for 30 seconds to treat them.
- Rubbing ice for a few minutes on the blisters every hour also treats the problem.
- Getting a regular exercise for 20 minutes also keeps the system strengthened.
Try any one remedy at a time it may take days or weeks to heal the canker sore
How to get rid of a cold sore
A cold compress can help to relieve the pain, but it does nothing to prevent the cold sore from reoccurring. Some used to use Lysine, but there is little evidence to suggest that this works permanently. Other remedies such as nail polish remover (ouch!), vitamin oils and changes in your diet are not much better.
Echinacea and goldenseal extract mixture
- Use Echinacea and goldenseal extract mixture.
- Echinacea is an immune system booster that can also prevent a cold sore outbreak.
- Take one dropper full a day for no more than 3 days.
- Also, put a few drops on a cotton ball and place on the affected area for a few minutes several times a day.
Lemon balm contains a high concentration of polyphenols and appears to minimize herpes outbreaks. It can be applied topically in cream form. Or brew as a tea lemon balm can be taken internally as it has antiviral qualities.
Cover the Cold sore
Covering the cold sore will help a lot try to avoid using any makeup or lipstick while it is there as this may make it worse, but covering it with petroleum jelly has relieved the symptoms and prevent infection. In the summer, protecting your lips from the sun can help – likewise in the winter protecting them from the cold may also help.
Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract is good as a natural antibiotic for viral infections.
L-Lysine fights that virus that causes cold sores. Take 500 mg twice a day.
Do not Touch
Sun Screen Lotion
Cover The Lip Blister
Vitamin B foods
- Vitamin B complex is very important for healing and immune system functions.
- Take 100 mg of each major B vitamin twice a day.
- Place a small amount of salt on the cold sore and hold it in place with your finger for a minute or two. This may be painful, but it is one of the quickest ways to heal cold sores.
- Cut garlic in half and place one part on the cold sore.
- A compound in garlic cold Kyolic has antiviral properties which speed healing.
- Take 2 garlic capsules a day.
- Soaking a cotton ball with mil and dabbing it on the sore has been effective for some people
- this may be something to try out too.