Simple and effective natural remedies for osteoporosis
The meaning of the term ‘Osteoporosis’ originates from ‘Osteo’ meaning bone, and ‘porosis’ implying thinning or becoming more porous. Hence, osteoporosis literally means ‘thinning of bone.’
Medically, Osteoporosis is a disease of bone in which the bone mineral density (BMD) is reduced which means one has a low bone mass and deteriorating bone tissue.
In simple words, the bones become thin, brittle and may be easily broken. Bone mass (bone density) is the amount of bone present in the skeletal structure. The higher the density, the stronger are the bones. Bone density is strongly influenced by genetic factors, which in turn are sometimes modified by environmental factors and medications.
If Osteoporosis is not prevented in the early stages or if left untreated
Osteoporosis can progress painlessly until the bone tends to break. These broken bones, also known as fractures, occur typically in the hip, spine, and wrist. The fracture caused by osteoporosis can be either in the form of cracking (as in a hip fracture), or collapsing (as in a compression fracture of the vertebrae of the spine). Though thee spine, hips, and wrists are common areas of osteoporosis-related bone fractures almost any skeletal bone area is susceptible to osteoporosis-related fracture.
The consequences of osteoporosis may impair a person for life.
A hip fracture may impair a person’s ability to walk and may cause permanent disability or even death despite hospitalization and major surgery. The Spinal or vertebral fractures also have serious consequences, including loss of height, severe back pain, and deformity. Osteoporosis can cause a person to stoop forward and appear to have a hump on his or her spine. While osteoporosis occurs in men and pre-menopausal women, the problem is predominant among postmenopausal women.
Home Remedies and Tips
- Vitamin K in small doses (nearly fifty microgram/day) will help in the porosity of the bones. It is useful in osteoporosis cure.
- Avoid meat in the diet. This is to be replaced by the green leafy vegetables. This will prevent bones being hollow.
- Manganese (as present in pineapple) will be beneficial in the condition of osteoporosis.
- Simply taking one tsp of honey everyday will reduce the risk of being suffered by osteoporosis and is one of the simple home remedies for osteoporosis.
- Be aware of taking the milk diet or milk product diet. The Vitamin D present in milk will not allow the body to absorb the calcium. In fact, it will draw calcium out of the bones.
- A handful of sesame seeds had every morning is one of the useful home remedies for osteoporosis.
- Some of the experts suggest that having a cup of tea daily, with additional milk in it will improve your condition of osteoporosis.
- Dairy products are good to have while suffering from osteoporosis.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and any other stimulant beverages in excessive quantity. This will worsen the case of osteoporosis.
Some strictly believe that milk products especially pasteurized milk is not absorbed properly by the human gut and so is to be avoided by all means. Instead of that, vegetables in the diet should be included to get rid of osteoporosis.
- Excess consumption of the meat is another factor that contributes in the calcium deficiency. Too much protein in your diet will increase the amount of calcium, which your body gets rid of in urine.
- Welcome Vitamin D by all means. Studies have shown that women from cold weather have a higher rate of the osteoporosis disease as compare to one who lives in the sunny environment. Expose yourself enough to sunrays (but not in excess or very hot sunny day). For this, morning period is preferable under tender sunlight.
- Dandelion tea is also said to be good for osteoporosis. It helps to build bone density. This is one of the good home remedies for osteoporosis.
- Take the high amount of soy products. As hormonal imbalances can contribute to bone loss, soy products contain soy isoflavones. This helps in balancing the estrogen levels and so useful in the woman having osteoporosis.
- Chaste Berry is another good home remedy for osteoporosis. It contains vitex icariin and vitric. These ingredients keep the hormonal level in balance.
- Almond milk is another good product to treat osteoporosis. This is one of the best home remedies. The milk of almond is calcium rich. It is derived from soaking almonds in warm water, peeling and blending with cow milk or better with soy milk. This is one of the wells liked home remedies for osteoporosis
- Manganese is also best mineral for treating osteoporosis according to the latest researches. Take manganese in the form of pineapples, nuts, spinach, beans and whole wheat.
- Brussels sprouts are also popular to prevent disease like cancer, osteoporosis and heart troubles. These sprouts provide essential Vitamin K that helps to protect the bones against osteoporosis. This is one of the famous home remedies for osteoporosis
Also, Read tip for rectal skin abscess