What is an ear infection?
As a matter of fact, all of us know that ear has three parts internally, outer, middle and inner. Infection can occur in any of the above-listed parts but the infection caused in the inner part of the ear is the most dangerous one.
It becomes really important to treat the ear infection on time for the reason that it can lead to further complications, if not treated timely, for instance, it can rupture or damage the eardrum. If it is left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to deafness.
Otitis media affects the area inside the eardrum and all the small bones, the air pressure is regulated in this area by the auditory tube running from the ear to the back of the nasal cavity, when bacteria or a virus gets in this area, the different parts become inflamed with fluid, causing pressure and extremely sharp pain in the ear with fever.
If the infection is not controlled it can result in eardrum perforation letting all pressure out and relieving pain, but a perforated eardrum means loss of hearing and fluid discharge. This kind of ear infection is very common in infants due to the position of the baby while feeding allowing milk bacteria to grow in the auditory tube.
Causes of ear infection
Ear infections are generally caused by virus or bacteria in the middle ear. The most common causes of ear infection are some kinds of fungus or bacteria that grow in that area. However, there are other causes such as
- Cancer may bring similar effects.
- Further causes include congestion often linked to a common cold,
- viral respiratory infections,
Symptoms of ear infections
A few common symptoms which can help you know that you are suffering from ear infection are
- Ear pain
- Difficulty sleeping,
- Tugging at the ear,
- Poor sound response.
- Draining flood from the ear.
- High fever
Risk factors behind ear infection.
There may be various contributing factors behind but the most common ones are internal injuries,
- Nutritional Deficiencies.
- Environmental allergies.
- Food allergies.
- Upper respiratory infections.
- Wax build up.
Tips to get rid of Ears Problems
- Sunbathing is the beneficiary as it kills the harmful bacteria.
- Soaps, chemicals and other drying agents should be avoided.
- Increase your intake of vitamin B6
- Do exercise, meditation and relax your mind
- Use fragrance-free bathing products.
- There are a number of helpful tips that can help you cope with and minimize the symptoms of eczema:
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid foods such as dairy products, mushrooms, or crustacean meat (lobster, shrimp, clams or oysters) that may contain allergens and aggravate the body
- Bathe in cool or warm water, never hot and always apply a moisturizer to your skin afterward to seal in moisture
- Use a mild soap such as Dove or Oil of Olay when washing
- Moisturize daily to prevent dry skin – use a cheap but very effective moisturizer such as Vaseline
- Avoid using irritants such as household cleaners, detergents, perfumes, soaps, turpentine or gasoline that may aggravate your skin
- Wear plastic or vinyl gloves when working in water
- Keep nails short to avoid scratching or rubbing the itchy area
- Avoid activities that may your skin to become hot and sweaty
- Wear cotton or cotton blend clothing and avoid wool and synthetic fabrics as they can irritate the skin
- Use protective coverings for mattresses or pillows if you or your child is allergic to dust or dust mites
- Learn to reduce stress by practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises, meditation or listening to music
- Keep pets outside and avoid having in the bedroom.
What to do for an earache in adults
- Use Colloidal Silver, as an ear wash, it can be taken orally too. This is a natural antibiotic.
- Take Vitamin C to help boost the immune system and fight infection.
- Zinc is also helpful in reducing ear infection.
- If the infection has just begun to take echinacea (alcohol-free).
- Mix lobelia and garlic oil or olive oil, place a few drops in the ear and plug it with cotton this will help with the pain. If the ear is red, hot and painful especially after exposure to cold temperature,
- Use Aconite, this homeopathic remedy is excellent for the ear infection.
If the cheek of the same side of the ear affected is red and the person is unable to tolerate the pain then take chamomilla. Using of Indian Hemp leaves juice about 8 to 10 drops in ears can help to kill germs in your ear. Also, helps to cure earache problem. This is one of the natural home remedies for ears problem.
- If you have the ear infection, fill 3 to 5 drops of coconut oil in your infected ear and close with cotton before going to bed.
- Clean your ears daily with water while taking a bath, which will prevent you from ear ache & infections. Use earbuds to clean your ears after having a head bath.
- When you take bath or came from outside, you should clean your ears properly by rubbing gently with your fingers and then clean with earbuds to avoid formed dust in or near to ears.
- If you can’t hear properly, then close your ears for a moment and open it gently to hear properly. Which will helps to hear properly when attending any meetings. Without hearing its waste of energy & waste of time to attend the meeting. Most of the people don’t know this, but i do in my regular life.
- If the area is overwhelmed with a pulsating pain and sensitive to touch take Hepar sulph.
Home remedies for ear infection in adults
10Warm Salt or Water
9Tea Tree Oil
8Garlic or Onion Juice
7Echinacea or Goldenseal
6Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil
- Try mixing some basil oil to the equivalent amount of coconut oil.
- Use a cotton ball to soak in the mixture and then delicately wipe right inside of the ear, along with the outside edge and also the rear side the ear.
- Repeat this process two times every day.
4Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mixing some apple cider vinegar to the equivalent portion of alcohol or water.
- Soaking a cotton ball into this solution and then using this cotton ball to fit in your ear just like an earplug will relieve the pain and fight any infection.
- Leave it in the ear for approximately five MMS.
- You can use white vinegar if apple cider vinegar isn’t available but it’s more effective.
3St. Johns Wort
- Another awesome home remedy for an ear infection is soaking fenugreek seeds into any sort of natural oil and then warming it up a bit.
- After doing that, let it cool and then you can filter the oil and tip it into your ears.
- Use approx four or five drops for each of your ears.
- This should eliminate any pain completely.