Home Remedies for the Common Cold
During the long winter months, it is not unusual to catch a common cold. This can be caused by exposing yourself to the cold weather or someone sick; it is usually a person with the flu themselves. Although most of us are familiar with the flu and expect it to wear out within a couple of days, it can still cause a great amount of distress. But, you do not have to worry since there are many home remedies that can help you get rid and relieve the symptoms of the common cold.
• Take vitamin c tablets. They are good to help boost your immune system.
• Pour lemon juice and honey into a small cup. Mix it up together. Take various tablespoons of the remedy throughout your day. Repeat this process on a daily basis until you feel better.
• Prepare your favorite tea but replace the sugar with honey.
• Prepare a lemon tea by boiling half of the lemon into two cups of water. Once the tea is prepared, sweetened with either sugar or honey.
• Cook your favorite soup but make sure you add garlic to help fight the microbes.
• Chicken soup will help ease the symptoms and relieve stuffiness.
• Drink lots of fluids. This helps loosen the phlegm.
• The Zinc vitamin can help boost your immune system.
• Take hot showers to alleviate stuffiness.
• Take over the counter drugs such as Tylenol and aspirin to relieve any body aches associated with the cold.
This is not medical advice, the person taking any of this home remedies should ensure that he/she is not allergic to any of the products.
Over the counter medicine should only be used by adults. For children buy drugs appropriate for their age.
If the cold persists more than several days 3-10 then it would be advisable to consult a physician.
Honey is harmful to babies under one year old.
It is advisable to take home remedies at the first sign of the flu. You will get well a lot sooner.