Causes of Acidity
Regularly, the stomach keeps acid in our stomach, In any case, if you have a hiatal hernia, Acid can climb into your throat and cause side effects of heartburn malady These are other regular hazard elements for heartburn illness: Eating large meals or resting directly after a dinner Acidity also knew as heartburn is caused due to excessive acid build up. When you have a burning sensation in your chest accompanied by a sore throat and sour taste in the mouth, you may be suffering from acidity or acid reflux.
In our stomach, there are acids that help break down food during digestion. Sometimes the gastric glands produce excess acids and these results in a burning sensation. If you smoke a lot or consume alcohol, you will be easily affected by acidity.
The other common reasons are erratic eating times and consumption of spicy and fried foods. But do not worry there are few simple home remedies to cure acidity. Make sure you stop eating spicy, and fried foods take to eat more organic, and vegetables avoid processed foods.
Simple Home remedies can help to get relief from Acidity
Basil contains chemicals that help get rid of many stomach diseases and intestinal worms.
Chew some raw basil leaves after each meal. This will relieve you from acidity.
Another way is to take three to five basil leaves in one cup of water. Once the water comes to a boil, then allow this to steep for a few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir thoroughly and consume it.
Digestive problems and deficiency diseases can be caused due to long-term suppression of stomach acid.
- Take a cup of water and add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Once the water comes to a boil, let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Have this drink two to three times a day.
This remedy can make you feel cool and relaxed. You can drink buttermilk if you have an upset stomach.
- Buttermilk is yummy, the cool drink made from curd.
- Simply stir 1:4 ratios of curd and water.
- Stir well and consume three to four times a day.
- Another remedy using buttermilk is you can mix half to one teaspoon of fenugreek paste to it.
- Drink this to relieve stomach ache caused by acidity.
You can also mix in a little black pepper and one teaspoon of roughly ground coriander leaves for best results.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Apple Cider Vinegar has an alkalizing effect although it is acidic in nature.
- Mix one or two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water.
- Drink it once or twice before meals.
- Because of antimicrobial properties, cloves offer many health benefits and one of them is providing aid in digestion.
- Chew two to three cloves post meal.
- You can also use a mixture of crushed cloves and cardamom.
- Take equal amounts of both and have it.
- Cumin works as a great acid neutralizer thus it can also be used to treat acidity. It also relieves stomach pain caused by acidity.
- Roast and crush some cumin seeds and stir it well into a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture after every meal.
- Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in a cup of water. Strain the seeds and drink this after your meal.
- Ina one-half cup of water mix one teaspoon of coriander seed powder, one teaspoon of cumin seed powder one teaspoon of fennel seed powder and some sugar. Drink it before breakfast.
- In ginger, the anti-inflammatory properties help in treating acidity.
- Fresh juice of Ginger aids in neutralizing the stomach acids. A spoonful of ginger juice taken two to three times a day can provide relief from acidity and heartburn.
- Else, chew a slice of fresh ginger during acidity.
- Another option is to use it with ginger tea. Put some fresh ginger slices in a cup of boiling water and let it steep for a few minutes and drink it.
- Jaggery is alkaline in nature thus it aids digestion, and reduces stomach acidity.
- Suck a small piece of jaggery after each meal until the acidity subsides. Note that this remedy is not appropriate for people who have diabetes.
- Fennel seeds are obtained from an aromatic and medicinal herb. These are extremely useful in the digestion process.
- It cures acidity, gas and stomach disorders.
- Take a spoonful of fennel seeds and chew it down.
- Drink some water and see the effects.
- Another way is too steep one or two spoonfuls of fennel seeds in a cup of water.
- Boil it for 2 minutes.
- Strain the water and drink it a couple of times.
- Milk is known for its soothing effects. Its constituent elements like Calcium helps in curbing acidity.
- Pour a glass of cold milk and drink it to get rid of acidity problems. You can also add honey to the milk.
Ginger and Lime Juice
Rock Salt, Ginger and Asafetida
Dill and Honey
Chew a teaspoonful of fenugreek seeds and wash it down with a glass of hot water. This remedy not only acts as a natural gas relief remedy but it also aids in building pressure that helps you to pass motions and relieve pams.
Roast three to four garlic cloves with clarified butter until they turn brown. Chew them slowly and swallow everything.
Also, Read Acid Reflux Treatment Home Remedy