how to cure jaundice in adults
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin. It occurs when the liver cannot function normally, causing bilirubin levels in the blood to rise. This chemical is what gives the skin a yellow tinge. Usually, this condition is a sign that something else may be wrong. A thorough physical exam along with some blood tests and a urinalysis will be required for your doctor to determine the cause of jaundice. Although medical treatments such as antibiotics, IV fluids, and surgery may be recommended for some forms of jaundice, many people can benefit from home remedies and other natural cures available. In fact, there are various remedies that can be used to improve the condition as well as prevent future recurrences. Jaundice is not a disease but rather a sign that can occur in many different diseases. Jaundice is the yellowish staining of the skin and sclerae.
What is the Neonatal Jaundice?
Neonatal Jaundice(also called Newborn jaundice is a condition marked by high levels
of bilirubin in the blood. The increased bilirubin cause the infant’s skin
and whites of the eyes (sclera) to look yellow.
Symptoms of Jaundice
- Yellow coloration of the eyes, skin, tongue, and urine.
- Loss of appetite.
- Dull pain in the liver region.
- severe constipation.
- extreme weakness.
- a headache and undue fatigue.
- Blocked bile ducts by infection, tumor or gallstones
- Viral hepatitis (hepatitis A, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, hepatitis D, and hepatitis E)
- Drug-induced cholestasis as a result of bile pools in the gallbladder because of the effects of drugs
- Drug-induced hepatitis triggered by antidepressants, anti-cancer drugs, steroids, oral contraceptives, testosterone
- Biliary Stricture
- Alcoholic liver disease (alcoholic cirrhosis)
- Cancer of the pancreas
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Ischemic hepatocellular jaundice caused by inadequate oxygen or inadequate blood flow to the liver
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (bile pools in the gallbladder because of the pressure in the abdomen with pregnancy)
- Hemolytic anemia
- Disorders present since birth that cause problems processing bilirubin (Gilbert’s syndrome, Dubin-Johnson syndrome, Rotor’s syndrome, or Crigler-Najjar syndromes)
- Chronic active hepatitis
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Jaundice Symptoms
- A headache
- Loss of appetite
- Yellow discoloration of the eyes, tongue, skin, and urine
- Dull pain in the liver region
- Itching with obstructive jaundice
Home Remedies and tips for jaundice
- Drink atleast 8 glasses of water each day.
- Eat lots of raw fruits & vegetables especially green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcohol soda pop and other junk foods
- Reduce dairy products cheese, milk.
- If possible Fast for a few days.
- Do not smoke it will worsen jaundice.
A mixture of spearmint, Lime and Ginger juice mixed with honey, could be taken frequently.
Soak a piece of Peepal bark in water overnight and consume the water the following morning. It stops excess urination in the jaundice patients.
3. A decoction of tamarind leaves is useful in treating jaundice and ulcers.
Diet for jaundice
- Barley water, fruit juices are effective.
- Do not eat fatty foods.
- avoid foods which agitate stomach.
- Do not give cereals and pulses.
In case of fever give fruit diet and fresh fruit juices to drink and to take good rest.
- Grapes, black soya beans, nuts,
- sweet potatoes are effective fruits for jaundice patients.
Here are the best home remedies for treating jaundice.
Another extremely well-known holistic jaundice remedy is barley water. Mix a glass of barley to roughly three liters of pure water and cook for a couple of hours. Drink this regularly during the day for relief from jaundice.
Thin down lemon extracts with pure water and takes frequently during the day. That will certainly aid in safeguarding the liver cells.
Include a bit of salt and pepper with natural tomato extract and drink each day. Lycopene from tomatoes could help to decrease injury to your liver as well as facilitate recovery.
Snake Gourd Leaves
Add a little completely dry snake gourd leaf to boiling pure water. After that, steam coriander seeds using clean water up until it decreases to just a third of the amount. Mix both of these preparations and consume thrice every day.
You could extract the essence from dark- green radish leaves and then drink it daily. It helps to control abdominal discomfort and improves appetite. This particular treatment should be continued for eight to ten days in a row.
Pigeon Pea Leaves
The extract or juice gotten from pigeon pea leaves have long been used for dealing with jaundice. Squeeze the liquid and consume in tiny amounts every day.
Soak 7 to 8 nut kernels in pure water and leave soaking through the night. You can also use cardamoms and dates which also must be soaked in clean water overnight.
Squash half a lemon or lime in a glassful of sugarcane extract and drink two times or thrice each day. This is well-known as a therapy for jaundice and is understood to quicken healing. Ensure that the extract is not tainted whatsoever. It is much better to make the extract in the house immediately after properly washing the sugarcane.
Add a quarter tsp of turmeric root extract powder to lukewarm pure water and drink twice every day.
An all natural herb, this is similarly referred to as “jaundice berry” and is commonly recommended to people struggling with jaundice. The extract or juice from this herb can be taken every day.
Mix a dash of baked and powdered cumin seeds along with a little salt into buttermilk and drink. It helps in digesting food and is great for your liver.
Include a few tsps of oregano into a mug of clean water and boil. Leave to simmer for roughly ten mins and then strain. Drink this consistently for easing jaundice issues.
Work several tender papaya leaves into a sauce. Combine the sauce with half a tsp of honey and drink.
A helpful holistic remedy for jaundice, Indian gooseberry can be ingested with water every day.
Extract the juices from a piece of ginger, merge with lime liquid and mint liquid and drink the mixture two or three times each day.
Source & References
Also, Read Home-remedies-for-jaundice-in-adults