What is gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is swelling of the breast tissue in teens and adult men, caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone. It is common in boys and men at various stage sometimes it is related to some medical condition. Generally, gynecomastia isn’t a serious problem, but it can be tough to cope with the condition Men and boys with gynecomastia sometimes have pain in their breasts and may feel embarrassed.
Causes of gynecomastia
The main cause of gynecomastia is a hormonal imbalance in the body Gynecomastia occurs when the male hormones are lower than the female hormones (estrogens) in the body. many times it resolved on its own.
Other causes can be medical conditions or medical treatment can create an environment in the body that allows the body to develop gynecomastia. Following are the other causes
- Testicular cancer
- Cirrhosis of the liver.
- kidney failure
- Disorders of the testes (male sex organs) including infection, trauma, or inborn disorders.
- Anti-androgen treatments for prostate cancer
There are many simple home remedies that may also help treat gynecomastia
Natural gynecomastia treatment without surgery or drugs
Fish oils are rich in Omega fatty 3 acids which are best for men gynecomastia fish oils help to improve testosterone production.
Fatty 3 acids have to advantage to reduce estrogen levels in the male body.
further, it balances hormones level in male breasts.
An animal research study was published in the international journal of fertility and sterility in 2016 bits of advice that using fish oil for a long time may benefit semen quality and testosterone concentrations.
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of turmeric to a cup of water and heat it for 10 minutes.
- Drink it 2 or 3 times a day and especially before going to bed.
- Repeat daily and within a few weeks, you will notice the changes.
Cold compress ice cubes help to reduce men breasts nipple and relieve tenderness in the men breasts. The cooling effect helps to calm down breasts tissues which in result tightens the breasts.
Cold compress has been found to reduce the nipple pain and swelling which are caused by gynecomastia.
How to use?
- Take some ice cubes and put in the soft clean cloth
- Apply on your breasts for 5 to minutes.
- Repeat this process until you get relief.
Flaxseed too contains omega 3 fatty acids that help reduce estrogen levels and improve testosterone. additional they contain higher concentrations of lignans that keep the balance of estrogen acidity and they also have antiestrogenic qualities.
Research by Oregon state university suggests that flaxseeds contain some of the highest levels of lignans, they also help to remove harmful toxins from the body.
How to take?
Take 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 1 glass of lukewarm water after the breakfast daily until you see improvement. you can also continue for a lifetime there are no side effects.
Eat foods that are high in zinc like oysters, fortified breakfast cereal, lobster, cashews, yoghurt, raisins, and chickpeas.
- Include cardiovascular, weight-lifting and elliptical exercises in your exercise routine. Swimming, especially the breaststroke, is effective for reducing excess fat. Jogging and walking are good forms of exercise that also help burn a lot of calories and body fat.
- Do not take any recreational drugs like marijuana.
Do not take any drugs for bodybuilding.
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol as it can worsen the condition.
Don’t smoke or take tobacco.
- Avoid exposure to pollutants like lead as it can increase the risk of developing feminine breasts.
- Eat organic foods and use natural products to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Do not take tea tree oil or lavender oil or any other products made of these oils as they are said to be as endocrine disruptors and tend to mimic the actions of estrogen.
- Drink an ample amount of water throughout the day to help the cells function properly.
Try to maintain a healthy body weight.
How to prevent gynecomastia
- If you are taking medications to review those first, it might be causing gynecomastia, consult your physician if there are any alternatives.
- Avoid using illegal drugs example androgens, steroids, marijuana, heroin, and amphetamines.
- Don’t take alcohol not even in moderation.
- Do not take any tobacco products or don’t smoke.
- Drink enough water to maintain fluid in the body.
- Always eat organic foods to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals.
When to consult a physician
- Any fluid discharge from nipples
- Pain does not stop
If you find these symptoms consult a physician as soon as possible