Have you ever noticed dark-colored skin under your eyes?
I’m sure you might have. This dark discoloration of the skin under your eyes is what is called dark circles. It has other names as dark rings or shadows as well. You may have the world’s most beautiful eyes, but as and when you develop dark circles, all the beauty of your eyes is gone.
Although dark circles are not one of the serious skin disorders, they are unwanted as they make people look older, tired, and unhealthy.
An increasing number of people, irrespective of age; sex, and race, are developing dark circles under their eyes. Before I start talking about the remedies, you must understand the reasons behind getting these dark circles. Some of the main causes of dark circles are as follows:
- Age factor
- Mental or physical stress
- Lack of sleep
- An unhealthy diet
- Dry skin
- Prolonged crying
- Working for long hours in front of a computer
- Excessive smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Pollution and allergies.
- In females, hormonal imbalance due to menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause can also lead to dark circles.
Needless to say, that many cosmetic products, such as concealers and a variety of make-up are available in the market these days to hide or lighten these dark circles under the eyes. Though these products can hide your dark circles, they cannot cure them.
Moreover, these products are expensive and contain large quantities of chemicals that can have adverse effects on your skin. Having said that, why not try some remedies at home? Believe me, many natural remedies can treat dark circles effectively! Sit back and read on.
8 Effective Lemon Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Circles:
Lemon juice is the best ingredient used in beauty and skin care due to its blissful properties and satisfactory results. Lemon juice is filled with a lot of citrus and vitamin C which is identified as one of the best nutrients for the skin!
Either for enriching skin beauty or for targeting any specific skin issue, lemon juice is used differently for different skin types! If you are wondering how you can use lemon juice to make your skin bright and beautiful, consider the anti-bacterial, bleaching, skin tightening, and skin whitening properties of lemon juice and use it on your skin! This will simply make you addicted to this awesome food which you will love to add to your daily beauty care regime!
1. Lemon Juice And Egg White Mask:
Egg white is such an awesome ingredient that can have amazing effects on the skin. Egg white is known to pull off all the impurities, dirt, and germs from the skin effectively! If you want a lemon juice mask that can effectively fight your dark under-eye circles, here s a promising way to use it!
Mix some egg white and a spoon of lemon juice and apply this under-eye mask. Keep the mask away from your eyes and don’t let it touch your eyelids. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and rinse with water!
2. Tomato And Lemon Juice For Under Eyes:
Tomato juice is considered a smooth and raw dark circle fighting ingredient that can bleach your skin and retain its original tone! If you are suffering from dark under-eye circles for a long, here is a quick and easy remedy that will give you awesome results. Get some tomato juice and mix half spoon lemon juice.
Apply this anti-pigmentation mask under your eyes. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse! This is a beneficial mask for fighting dark circles effectively!
3. Lemon Juice And Almond Oil Pack:
Almond oil is such a nourishing and hydrating ingredient that will repair your rough and dry under-eye skin within minutes! If you are concerned about the pigmented and patchy look of your skin under your eyes, mix some almond oil and some lemon juice. Apply this hydrating and multivitamin mask on your face or under your eyes. Use this mask on regular basis to keep your skin away from dark circles!
- Top 10 Home Remedies For Stuffy Nose
- 11 Health Benefits Of Reishi Mushroom: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage
- 8 Awesome Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
4. Turmeric Powder And Lemon Juice:
This is an awesome ingredient which is used since the eras for skincare. Turmeric has amazing skin softening and anti-gaining benefits which will also reduce dark circles, bagginess, pigmentation, and dark spots from your under-eye region!
Mix some turmeric powder and lemon juice and apply this mask under your eyes carefully. You can also mix some honey and make the mask more enriching!
5. Lemon Juice And Cucumber Juice:
If you want a repairing mask that also gives some skin-soothing properties, here is a flawless mask that will keep your skin free from pigmentation and dullness. Mix some lemon juice and cucumber juice and daily apply this relaxing mixture under your eyes. This will help in reducing tiredness, bagginess, and dark circles effectively! Use this mask and make your eyes look bold a bright every day!
6. Mint And Lemon Juice:
Here is a refreshing and multi-benefit mask that will give you a soothing feel once you apply it under your eyes! Min is a refreshing agent which not only cleanses the skin but also allows blood flow under the skin which banishes bagginess and dark circles. Use this amazing variation of lemon juice for skin and your dark circles would get battled easily.
- Mix some lemon juice and mint juice
- apply this hydrating mask under your eyes.
- Leave it for 15minutes
- Rinse with water!
- This is a perfect mask that you can use to get fresh and dark circle-free eyes!
7. Lemon Juice With Potato Juice:
Potato juice is considered one of the finest ingredients to fight pigmentation and dark patches over the skin. If you’re under eyes have become dull, dark, and extremely patchy, here is a mask that you can use. Using potato and lemon juice on your under eyes will make the skink cleansed and nourished with smoothness! Thus, go with this mask and keep your skin super bright!
8. Lemon Peel Powder With Honey:
This is such a mild and soothing mixture that will deep cleanse your skin and reduce dark circles within just a few applications! Mix some lemon peel powder and honey and apply this hydrating mask under your eyes.
This will clearly fight dark skin and will leave you with fresh, bright, and pathless skin!
The potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase that has bleaching properties. So, when applied to the skin the bleaching agent causes the skin to lighten and also reduces the puffiness around your eyes. Follow these steps:
- Extract the fresh juice of one or two raw potatoes. You can do it easily by grating it.
- Dip a cotton ball in the extracted juice so that it soaks well and then apply it over your eyes, covering the entire area of the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids,
- keeping your eyes closed.
- Let the juice be applied for 10 to 15 minutes so that it works well for you.
- Wash your eyelids thoroughly with cool water.
You need to continue this once or twice daily for a few weeks. In case, extracting potato juice seems difficult, you can use thick potato slices instead which works as well.
Almond oil works wonders to replenish and rejuvenate any skin and keep it moisturized. So, naturally, it works like magic for the dark circles as well. Being a rich source of Vitamin E and several other nourishing vitamins and minerals, it lightens the skin color around the eyes, effectively.
- Drop five to six drops of almond oil on your fingertips and gently massage it into the skin over the dark circles before you go to bed.
- Keep it applied overnight.
- When you get up in the morning, wash it off with cold water.
Following the same procedure, you can also add one tablespoon of raw honey or coconut oil to five or six drops of almond oil. But instead of cold water, wash with lukewarm water the next morning. Follow this remedy, until you get the desired results.
Everyone among us might have seen ladies putting on the cucumber slices on their closed eyes and relaxing as they have a soothing and refreshing effect. Besides, with their cooling and mildly astringent properties, cucumbers can lighten the color of the skin, increase blood flow and reduce puffiness.
- Peel a fresh cucumber, slice it and keep them refrigerated for about 30 minutes.
- Keep the chilled slices of cucumber in your eyes for about 10 minutes.
- And then wash with water.
- You get better results when you follow the procedure twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can extract cucumber juice and mix it with lemon juice in equal proportion.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixed juice and apply it to the dark circles.
- Wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
- You need to follow the procedure daily for about a week.
- You can also use fresh plane cucumber juice after cooling it in the refrigerator.
- Apply it to the dark circles with a cotton ball.
- Let it be for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This procedure needs to be followed twice a day.
Rosewater is a well-known beauty product having marvelous skin-enhancing qualities that have the potential to lighten dark circles under the eyes. It has antioxidants in the bounty that strengthens and regenerates skin tissues and rejuvenates the skin around the eyes.
- Soak clean cotton balls in rose water for a few minutes and place them over your closed eyes.
- Allow the cotton balls to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks, preferably, once in the morning and once in the evening.
Having said this, keep in mind that dark circles need time to get cured completely. Hold on and have patience. Be committed to the remedy tips you have started and do not expect magic to happen overnight.