Write for Us: Contributor Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in writing for Top 20 Remedies
We are looking for practical, actionable advice on writing — pieces that will help writers on their own writing journey.
Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions about submitting a blog post for consideration to Top 20 remedies
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I write about?
To get a sense for the type of work we publish, read our site!
As you can see, our posts cover all areas of the writing life, including Home remedies, skin care, acne, health tips.
Here are some topics we’d love to publish more about:
- Home Remedies for common health problems — Acne natural treatment
- Home Remedies for constipation
- Natural health tips
- Kitchen remedies for health
- Skincare natural remedies
- home remedies for acne dark spots on face
- home remedies for acne that work fast
Should I send you my idea before writing the post?
Sure! Pitch your idea by emailing our managing editor at[email protected]. (Note that we can’t guarantee publication though until we review a completed submission. We’re happy to evaluate your pitch though before you get to writing!)
We also consider fully-drafted pieces.
When will I hear back from you after I send my pitch?
Please allow up to two weeks for our managing editor to respond to your pitch.
Have any tips for ensuring my piece is a fit for Top 20remedies?
- Please write in the “you” voice as much as possible, then support your advice with personal experience or stories.
- Posts should be written in blog style, with short paragraphs, numbered lists, bullets, and lots of white space.
- Including a few sub-headings is much appreciated (we love to use H2!)
- Only one space between sentences, please!
- We know the Oxford comma is a hotly-debated topic in the writing world, but we follow AP Style and therefore ask that you don’t use the Oxford comma in your submission.
How should I submit my post?
Please email your post to [email protected] once we approve your first later we will assign you as website author if your post is liked by visitors.
How long should my posts be?
Aim for 600-1,000 words.
Do you pay?
Currently, contributors to Top 20 Remedies are provided a link to their website portfolio.
Should I include links within the piece?
Yes. Please include links that will be helpful and relevant for the reader – they can be to an appropriate post on your site or on any other news site or blog. We ask that you include at least two links within your post to other posts on your website or blog.
Insert links in your copy via anchor text or keywords, No HTML, please!
Should I write a headline?
That’d be great! We reserve the right to tweak it for SEO, style or just to make it more attention-grabbing.
Will you edit my post?
Yes, we’ll edit for content and clarity, doing our best to preserve your voice. You’ll be notified of the changes
Can I repost my submission on my blog?
No. If we run your post on Top 20 Remedies, we retain the rights to that content. We don’t allow republishing on your own blog or any other website. (Did you know reposting content can hurt SEO ranking and traffic for everyone involved? We try to keep it tidy around here.)
Are you definitely going to publish my post?
We reserve the right to not publish your post if we decide it’s not a strong fit for Top 20 Remedies. You are then free to publish it elsewhere.
Should I include a photo?
If you have one or No need. We’ll add one.
What about my headshot?
Our system uses your email to grab your headshot from Gravatar, so make sure your photo is uploaded there.
What should I do after I submit my post?
When it runs, we hope you’ll be active in the comments, responding to readers’ questions or thoughts. We also hope you’ll share your post on social media!
We look forward to your contribution!
Before you submit, please see this checklist.
- Add your name, email, website, and Twitter handles to the top of your post?
- Include your one-sentence bio at the top of your post? (HTML, please, if you know how!)
- Add at least two links within your post to other posts on The Write Life? (Use relevant keyword anchors like this.)
If so, you’re ready to submit! Shoot email [email protected]