Are you having dry hair? Do you know the best remedy for this problem? Hair becomes dry due to loss of moisture and oil from the follicles. Instead of using harmful chemicals to treat this problem, it is good to make use of home remedies for dry hair.
When you have dry hair, it can be increasingly difficult to manage. It seems everything you do to your hair can exacerbate the problem, leaving hair more dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Dry, frizzy hair can also look dull, matted, and tangle easily. You may have a difficult time combing your hair after washing and conditioning it, and after heat styling, it looks limp and lifeless.
Many natural remedies have been manufactured to help in dealing with the problem of dry fuzz. The basic remedy is eating a balanced diet. Diet is what will give nutrition to your hair. Drink plenty of water will retain the moisture of your hair. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
One thing that will make your hair dry is washing it frequently. The natural oils that keep the hair moistened are normally removed from the hair when you wash it. It is good to avoid using harsh shampoos that are made of chemicals. The best is to use baby shampoo.
Before you opt for home remedies for dry hair, it is good to avoid styling products, curlers, and dryers. You should make use of a scarf or hat during sunny days. It is also good to utilize a swimming cap when in the pool.
Causes of dry hair
- Living in a dry and polluted climate
- Extreme Sun exposure
- Swimming in salty water
- Lack of nutrition
- Excessive Hair wash
- Use of chemical products on hair
- Using electric irons for hair straightening
Haircare tips you can follow for dry hair
- Avoid shampoo every day
- Avoid ironing
- less blow dry your hair
- Avoid using chemical treatments
- Use shampoo for your hair type
- Protect your hair from heat and extreme sun exposure
- Protect hair from salt and chlorine
- Consult your doctor for hair loss and hair dry.
Dry hair tends to be rough and thin. It is exposed to breakages, splits, tangles, and damage. It is a condition that can be seen in both women and men. Many cause hair dryness. They include harsh shampoos, swimming in pools that have chlorinated water, high minerals in bathing water, overusing blow dryers, and too much exposure to the sun.
How to treat dry hair home remedies
Try applying some coconut oil to your scalp using your fingertips. Wash only after leaving the oil on your hair for some time.
- You could also take half a cup of coconut oil
- 4 crushed almonds are added and then the mixture steamed.
- Then massage this warm mixture to your scalp and hair and a towel around your head.
- Let the oil stay on your hair for 30 minutes and then shampoo.
Also, try applying some warm olive oil to your dry hair regularly. Olive oil is a curative oil and is a great home remedy for dry hair.
Another effective dry hair treatment involves using vinegar, which works as a conditioner. So after washing your hair, give a last rinse with water mixed with some vinegar.
Beer also figures in the list of home remedies for dry hair as it is a good conditioner. Give your hair a final rinse with beer or spray your hair with beer after shampooing, for shiny hair.
Curd is also helpful for dry hair treatment. You just have to use it to mask your hair before you wash and see the results.
If your hair is not only dry but is also greying, use henna to both conditions and color your hair. It’s much better than the hair colors that have chemicals in them and can be used even by those whose hair hasn’t greyed as home remedies for dry hair.
Cut an aloe vera leaf and apply its juice to your scalp regularly. Aloe will help soften your hair and also soothe the scalp.
Honey and Yogurt:
Banana and Curd
- Making a paste of 2 mashed ripe bananas and adding half a cup of beaten curds to it.
- Apply the paste to the length of your hair from base to tip and then pile your hair into a bun.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and shampoo using the best shampoo for dry hair
- You could also make a mixture of one beaten egg, a cup of milk or yogurt,
- juice of one lemon, and a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil and apply it to your hair.
- Then wrap a warm towel around your head to leave the mixture on for an hour
- then shampoo off.
Try heating a cup of mayonnaise until it gets oily. Apply a coating of liquid mayonnaise on your hair, leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off. This helps protect your hair from getting dry.
The first and effective remedy to this condition is massaging your hair with warm almond oil. This will help in retaining the moisture in the follicles making the hair shiny and soft.
Honey for dry hair
Using honey has proved to be another best home remedy for dry hair. All you need is to apply five teaspoons of honey to your scalp and hair. After that soak your towel in warm water and cover the hair for about an hour. Wash the hair with conditioner and shampoo before rinsing with fresh cold water. With this procedure, your hair will become soft and shiny. It is something that will cut down on the chances of hair breakage.
Banana for dry hair
Banana can also be used as a home remedy for dry hair. All you have to do is to mash two ripe bananas together with beaten curd. Blend the paste to be fine before you apply it to your scalp. Ensure the paste covers your whole head. You should leave this for 20 minutes before rinsing. Use the shampoo to cleanse your head. If you repeat this exercise daily you will improve on the texture of your hair. It is an easy way of treating hair dryness. It is one of the best home remedies for dry hair.
Another remedy for dry hair is egg tonic. It will help the body retain vitamin C that is crucial in keeping the hair moisturized. All you have to do is beat an egg in a glass of milk. When the blend is fine, add lemon juice and a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil. Stirs the mixture and use it to massage your hair. After that, cover the hair with a warm towel for about one hour.
- Rinse the hair properly with warm water and lime juice.
- This will leave your hair moisturized.
- The use of aloe vera juice mixed with curd can also be effective.
- You only need to apply this mixture to your scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour before rinsing with cold water.
- It will make your hair moist.
How to use a remedy?
We always bring several and working remedies after getting legit and researched information from a trusted source it is best advised that you use one remedy at a time.