When you have dry hair, it can be increasingly difficult to manage. It seems everything you do to your hair can exacerbate the problem, leaving hair more dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Dry, frizzy hair can also look dull, matted, and tangle easily. You may have a difficult time combing your hair after washing and conditioning it, and after heat styling, it looks limp and lifeless.
Causes of dry hair
- Living in a dry and polluted climate
- Extreme Sun exposure
- Swimming in salty water
- Lack of nutrition
- Excessive Hair wash
- Use of chemical products on hair
- Using electric irons for hair straightening
Haircare tips you can follow for dry hair
- Avoid shampoo every day
- Avoid ironing
- less blow dry your hair
- Avoid using chemical treatments
- Use shampoo for your hair type
- Protect your hair from heat and extreme sun exposure
- Protect hair from salt and chlorine
- Consult your doctor for hair loss and hair dry.
How to treat dry hair home remedies
Try applying some coconut oil to your scalp using your fingertips. Wash only after leaving the oil on your hair for some time.
- You could also take half a cup of coconut oil
- 4 crushed almonds are added and then the mixture steamed.
- Then massage this warm mixture to your scalp and hair and a towel around your head.
- Let the oil stay on your hair for 30 minutes and then shampoo.
Also, try applying some warm olive oil to your dry hair regularly. Olive oil is a curative oil and is a great home remedy for dry hair.
Another effective dry hair treatment involves using vinegar, which works as a conditioner. So after washing your hair, give a last rinse with water mixed with some vinegar.
Beer also figures in the list of home remedies for dry hair as it is a good conditioner. Give your hair a final rinse with beer or spray your hair with beer after shampooing, for shiny hair.
Curd is also helpful for dry hair treatment. You just have to use it to mask your hair before you wash and see the results.
If your hair is not only dry but is also greying, use henna to both conditions and colour your hair. It’s much better than the hair colours that have chemicals in them and can be used even by those whose hair hasn’t greyed as home remedies for dry hair.
Cut an aloe vera leaf and apply its juice to your scalp regularly. Aloe will help soften your hair and also soothe the scalp.
Honey and Yogurt:
Banana and Curd
- Making a paste of 2 mashed ripe bananas and adding half a cup of beaten curds to it.
- Apply the paste to the length of your hair from base to tip and then pile your hair into a bun.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and shampoo using the best shampoo for dry hair
- You could also make a mixture of one beaten egg, a cup of milk or yoghurt,
- juice of one lemon and a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil and apply to your hair.
- Then wrap a warm towel around your head to leave the mixture on for an hour
- then shampoo off.
Try heating a cup of mayonnaise until it gets oily. Apply a coating of liquid mayonnaise on your hair, leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off. This helps protect your hair from getting dry.
How to use a remedy?
We always bring several and working remedies after getting legit and researched information from a trusted source it is best advised that you use one remedy at a time.