(Last Updated On: April 14, 2021)Sensitive skin demands extra care and looks after. Its maintenance regimen keeps changing from season to season. And the toughest of all seasons that usually destroys the texture of sensitive skin and causes it to peel is the winter season.
And even if you manage to recover the skin from peeling, it gets hit with acne and turns dark and coarse. Your options remain severely curtailed and limited since not all products and ingredients go well with sensitive skin.
Thus, to help you and your skin to have a gala glossy time throughout winters, we have featured 5 home remedies that will reduce the susceptibility of peeling, darkness, and dryness, and will keep your skin spotless and fair.
1. Papaya And Strawberry:
This is a pre-winter preparatory home remedy that makes sensitive skin winter-ready.
- Mix 1 teaspoon mashed papaya and with 1 teaspoon mashed strawberry
- form a thin paste.
- Apply on cleansed skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Use every morning.
Papaya and strawberry are loaded with repairing enzymes and antioxidants like papain and ascorbic acid. These ingredients do not let the skin cells dry out or produce extra oil. They keep the pores hydrated, fresh, and deeply moisturized.
They also reduce melanin secretion, making the skin fairer and smooth. The pH stays undisturbed throughout. This is why the skin doesn’t peel.
2. Yogurt, Soy Milk, And Plum:
- Grind plum in a mixer.
- Mix equal proportions of yogurt, soy milk,
- mashed plum to get a semi-thick consistency.
- Apply regularly on your face and neck for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm or tap water.
Plums are renowned to bestow peeling skin with a peachy texture and glow. This is because, plums come with the goodness of powerful natural bleaching and conditioning vitamins, like vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Yogurt keeps the skin’s acidic pH normal and doesn’t let it dry. And soy milk moisturizes the deeper layers regularly and prevents them from dehydrating and shrinking.
3. Almond Oil, Apple, And Henna:
- Mix 1 teaspoon mashed apple pulp with half teaspoon almond oil and one-fourth teaspoon colorless henna.
- Apply the juicy paste on your face once a day for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Vitamin E in almond oil not just reverses peeling to new cell production by moisturizing shrunken cells and fixing damaged collagen, it also rubs a radiant glow against the epidermis. Apple controls melanin content and keeps sensitive skin fair. Henna ensures that the skin stays cool and doesn’t inflame or break out.
4. Honey, Spinach, And Raw Milk Cream:
- Mix 1 teaspoon mashed boiled spinach paste with half teaspoon honey and half teaspoon raw milk cream.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before applying the paste.
- Wash off the mixture with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- Use every morning.
Honey keeps the skin cells supple. It ensures the conditions stay unsuitable for fungus or bacteria development on the epidermis. Spinach, a warehouse of vitamin A and iron, ensures that the cells do not dehydrate.
It also makes more oxygen reach out to the skin cells. And raw milk cream keeps the sensitive skin from inflaming by monitoring and keeping its pH normal.
5. Shea Butter, Sandalwood, And Olive Oil:
- Add half teaspoon olive oil to half teaspoon melted shea butter and one fourth teaspoon sandalwood powder.
- Apply the paste while it’s warm.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use once before going to bed.
- Do not use it if your skin tends to develop oil.
- It is suitable for dry sensitive skin.
Shea butter ensures the cells do not peel overnight. Olive Oil keeps them hydrated and also keeps repairing the damaged cells. Sandalwood bleaches scars and sports by reducing blackheads.
The above listed 5 home remedies are ideal winter companions for sensitive skin. Just ensure, do not leave any mask unwashed, overnight.