Getting rid of body lice with Home Remedies
Symptoms of body lice
Itching of the skin, often on the head, trunk, or pubic area. Lice eggs can be seen on one’s hair The person will feel like he is overheated or has a slight fever
Causes of Body lice
There are three types of lice which infect people: the head louse (pediculosis capitis), the body louse (p. corporis), and the crab louse (p. pubis). Crab lice (also called crabs) are spread by sexual contact
Lice can be spread by hanging coats, scarves, and caps together or using someone else’s comb, brush, etc. They live on the clothing (especially in the seams), travel to the skin once a day for a meal, then back onto the clothing.
Lice live about 30 days, and the female lays about ten eggs a day. The tiny eggs (nits) are laid at the base of a hair shaft. As the hair grows, the nits are carried upward and can be seen. They look like tiny black or rust-colored spots at, or near, the base of the hair. They can even be found on the chest, beard, and eyelashes.
Body lice home remedies
No drugs are needed to eradicate lice. Instead, use one or more of the following methods:
- Heat combs and brushes to 151o for 5-10 minutes; soak for an hour in 2% Lysol solution or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Launder clothing and bedding in hot water.
- Non-washable items should be sealed in a plastic sack for 10 days.
- Soak the place on the body for 30 minutes in very warm, soapy, water.
- The hair can be doused in kerosene and then wrapped in a towel.
- Garlic compresses can be placed on the scalp for 2 hours.
- Hot vinegar (or a 50-50 vinegar/water mixture) applied to the scalp will loosen eggs, so they can be vigorously combed out of the hair with a fine-toothed comb.
- A 50-50 mixture of kerosene and olive oil can be put on the scalp to get rid of the nits.
- Be careful what you place on the eyebrows; you do not want to damage the eyes. Petroleum jelly has been recommended to suffocate the lice.
- Use, as a hair wash, either labrador tea or field larkspur.
- Vacuuming carpets is as effective as spraying them. Do it frequently.
- Scrub toilet seats regularly.
Whatever method you use, keep in mind that there is a 14-day cycle; you must work intensely for a little over 2 weeks on your body, clothing, and home if you are to have success.
Also Read Home-remedies-for-heel-pain-in-foot