Blackheads, also called open comedones are small dark spots that appear on the surface of your skin & face. According to Wikipedia, Blackheads are blocked pores (hair follicles) in the skin that are filled with skin impurity or keratin & sebum, an oily substance.
Blackheads appear mainly on the face & nose & are widespread among adults, especially those with oily skin. Because of Blackheads, bacteria enter through clogged pores that cause acne. So blackheads are known as the initial stage of acne.
Know the types of skin problems
Blackheads appear when dirt, dead skin cells, sebum & germs enter the open pores & form a blockage. It usually starts as brown-colored spots on the surface of the skin.
Again, as the blackheads block the pores, the excess oil gets struck inside the pore & gets oxidized. Apply the following methods for blackheads treatment.
How to remove blackheads home remedies: 15 Home Remedies
1. Baking soda
Baking soda has an antiseptic quality that is very effective for acne & blackheads treatment. It helps to clear all kinds of impurities & dirt from the skin.
- Don’t over-apply it as it may make your skin dry.
- Add some baking soda & water to create a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste to your face & massage gently.
- Leave it for an hour to dry & then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this remedy twice a week.
2. Egg white
- Apply a thin layer of egg white to the affected area.
- Then place a piece of facial tissue on the wet egg white.
- Leave it for some time to dry.
- Now remove the paper from the affected area & wash your face.
- Apply a good moisturizer later.
- Mix egg white & some honey to create a mixture & apply it to your face or the affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour & wash your face with lukewarm water for blackheads treatment.
3. Honey & Cinnamon
Honey has a robust anti-bacterial property that eliminates bacteria & heals acne & blackhead. Cinnamon also has anti-bacterial properties, which can be used to create an aromatic facemask for blackhead treatment.
- Mix cinnamon & honey in 1:2 ratios to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area or your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash your face & use a good moisturizer.
- You can also apply this paste overnight.
- You can also directly apply honey to the affected area for 15 minutes & wash it off for a quick result.
Lemon juice has citric acid that is very effective for dead skin removal & blackhead treatment.
- If you have sensitive skin, then dilute the lemon juice with water or rose water.
- Apply the lemon juice directly to the affected area.
- Wash your face after 10-15 minutes.
- Mix some lemon juice, honey & a little bit of sugar.
- Apply it to your face gently.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
5. Green tea
Green tea has vitamins & antioxidants, which are very helpful in clearing excess oil & reducing inflammation of acne-prone skin. So, green tea has a significant role in blackhead treatment.
- Dip one green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Apply the liquid to your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash your face with normal water & use a good moisturizer.
- Make a paste by adding a tablespoon of green tea with some water.
- Apply the paste to your face & rub it softly for 5 minutes.
- Now wash your face with normal water & apply a good moisturizer.
Steam One of the finest natural treatments for blackheads is facial steam or sauna. It is very effective in opening up the pores & clearing dirt, oil & dead skin cells.
- Boil some water in a container to create steam.
- Now turn off the heat & place your face over the container while holding a towel over the head to trap the steam around your face.
- Let the steam soak into your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Now you can dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Exfoliation is another effective blackhead home treatment.
- Gentle exfoliation clears dead skin cells, cleans pores & removes blackheads.
- Exfoliation after steaming is excellent.
Orange peel Orange is rich in vitamin C, making your skin complexion fair & glow. It is also helpful for acne & blackheads treatment.
- Add some orange peel powder with normal water or rose water to create a smooth paste.
- Then apply the paste to your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash your face with plain water.
Fenugreek offers one of the most simple & effective blackheads home treatments.
- Grind some fenugreek leaves & mix them with plain water to make a smooth, thick paste.
- Apply this paste to your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Now wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Mix some fenugreek powder with water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to your face for 15 minutes, and then wash it off.
Oatmeal is a good cleanser for the face. Also slightly abrasive, it works as a natural exfoliate to clear dead skin & dirt. It is also a good home treatment for blackheads.
- First, mix some oatmeal with yogurt to make a paste.
- Now add one tablespoon of lemon juice & olive oil into the paste to make a mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your face for 15 minutes & wash your face with cold water.
- Make a mixture by mixing some oatmeal with honey or lemon juice, or plain water.
- Apply the mixture to your face & rub gently for some time.
- Now wash your face with water for blackheads treatment.
Turmeric is beneficial for blackhead treatment. Turmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties. Mix some turmeric powder with milk or rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face or the troubled zone for 15-20 minutes. Now wash your face with water.
11. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has both antibacterial & anti-fungal properties. So tea tree oil not only eliminates bacteria & but is also effective for blackheads treatment.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water or Aloe Vera gel to make a mixture.
- Apply this mixture to your troubled zone for 30 minutes.
- Now wash it off with cold water.
- Don’t apply the tea tree oil directly to your face.
12. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is very good at clearing excess oil. It also has antiseptic & antibacterial properties.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Apply this solution to your face with a cotton ball.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes or leave it overnight.
- You can wash your face with lukewarm water later.
- It is advisable to mix some mint leaves with apple cider vinegar for blackhead treatment.
Tomato Vitamin C-rich tomato is perfect for dull skin. Tomato not only helps to clear skin pores but is effective for blackheads treatment also.
- Apply the tomato juice directly to your troubled zone for half an hour or overnight.
- Wash your face with plain water for blackhead treatment.
Cornmeal is very effective for skin treatment as it works as a great natural cleanser. It helps to clean dirt & clear the pores of your skin. It is also very effective for blackheads treatment.
- Mix a tablespoon of cornmeal with your regular cleanser.
- Apply the mixture to your face & rub gently for some time.
- Wash your face with plain water.
- You may also use steaming to open skin pores before applying the mixture.
Toothpaste is one of the best home remedies for acne, pimple treatment & blackhead treatment. In case you have sensitive skin, don’t apply this remedy.
- You can directly apply the white toothpaste to your affected area for an hour or overnight.
- Wash your face with plain water.
- First, apply some toothpaste to the affected area.
- Then rub the paste gently for 5 minutes with a toothbrush.
- Wash your face with plain water to see the result.
Skincare Routine Infographic
Tea Tree Oil For Removal Of Blackheads
Blackheads are a very complex skin problem that gives an ugly look to the face of its victim. IT is generally observed that blackheads create a dark spot around the nose which makes you embarrassed especially when you’re on any public premises.
Females having blackheads generally expense a lot amount of money in buying cosmetic products that promise to remove blackheads permanently but their efforts are usually worthless because such chemical-based products didn’t give desirable results in removing blackheads.
However, you can go for natural products to get rid of them. Tea tree oil is one of such effective natural ingredients that helps well in giving fast relief from blackheads.
It works as an antiseptic agent in controlling infections of acne around your nose, forehead, and chin area.
Following are the ways that you can prefer for using tea tree oil in removing blackheads from your facial skin:-
Use As A Face Mask:
Tea tree oil can be used as a face mask by the sufferer of blackheads and pimples by mixing it with green clay powder and a small amount of water.
The prepared blended mixture of 3-4 drops of tea tree oil and green clay powder just needs to be applied to the face and areas surrounding the neck for 20 minutes before rinsing your face off with lukewarm water to attain the desired result in removing blackheads.
Alternatively, you can also make a face mask having a mixture of 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and the same amount of jojoba oil followed by mashing a small quantity of tomato pulp to it.
Application of this face mask on the blackhead affected area for 20 minutes followed by washing of face with cold water gives clean and blemish-free skin.
Use As A Moisturizer:
Tea tree oil is a fantastic skin moisturizer that can deliver you clean skin by removing blackheads from facial skin.
You just need to add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to your regular moisturizing cream followed by having a gentle massage of your face with it in a circular motion to remove blackheads permanently from your face.
However, you need to make sure that it may not get into your eyes because the tree oil is somehow injurious for eye health.
Use As A Natural Face Scrubber:
Tea tree oil can also be used as a homemade face scrubber for the permanent removal of blackheads and other unwanted signs from the face.
You need to prepare a face scrub of tea tree oil mixed with 4 drops of olive oil and some sugar and a tbsp of honey followed by massaging your face gently with the prepared paste to fight blackheads causing infections comfortably.
Use As A Bathing Oil:
You can use tea tree oil with soap for removing blackheads and acne from your facial skin while taking your bath in a bathtub.
You must add a few drops of tea tree oil in a bucket or a bathtub having water in full quantity and then apply soap to your body while taking bath in tea tree oil and water containing bathtub to remove signs like blackheads from your body.
Use As A Remedy For Boils:
If you’re suffering from boils like complicated health issues then you can use tea tree oil as an antiseptic for fast recovery from it.
Application of tea tree oil kills the blackheads causing bacteria with deep action on the skin which in turn helps in making your body free from boils like complications.