Blackheads also called as open comedones are small dark spots that appear on the surface of your skin & face. According to Wikipedia, Blackheads are blocked pores (hair follicles) in the skin that are filled with skin impurity or keratin & sebum, an oily substance. Blackheads appear mainly on the face & nose & are widespread among adults especially those with oily skin. Because of Blackheads, bacteria enter through clogged pores that cause acne. So blackheads are known as the initial stage of acne.
Know the types of skin problems
Blackheads appear when dirt, dead skin cells, sebum & germs enter the open pores & form a blockage. It usually starts as brown-colored spots on the surface of the skin. Again, as the blackheads block the pores the excess oil gets struck inside the pore & gets oxidized. Apply the following methods for blackheads treatment.
Baking soda has an antiseptic quality that is very effective for acne & blackheads treatment. It helps to clear all kind of impurities & dirt from the skin.
- Don’t over apply it as it may make your skin dry.
- Add some baking soda & water to create a smooth paste.
- Now apply the paste on your face & massage gently.
- Leave it for an hour to dry & then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this remedy twice in a week.
2. Egg white
- Apply a thin layer of egg white on the affected area.
- Then place a piece of facial tissue on the wet egg white.
- Leave it for some time to dry.
- Now remove the paper from the affected area & wash your face.
- Apply a good moisturizer later.
- Mix egg white & some honey to create a mixture & apply it on your face or the affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour & wash your face with lukewarm water for blackheads treatment.
3. Honey & Cinnamon
Honey has a strong anti-bacterial property that eliminates bacteria & heals acne & blackhead. Cinnamon also has anti-bacterial property, which can be used to create an aromatic facemask for blackheads treatment.
- Mix cinnamon & honey with 1:2 ratios to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area or your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash your face & use a good moisturizer.
- You can also apply this paste for overnight.
- You can also directly apply honey on the affected area for 15 minutes & wash it off for a quick result.
Lemon juice has citric acid that is very effective for dead skin removal & blackheads treatment.
- In case you have sensitive skin, then dilute the lemon juice with water or rose water.
- Apply the lemon juice directly to the affected area.
- Wash your face after 10-15 minutes.
- Mix some lemon juice, honey & a little bit of sugar.
- Apply it on your face gently.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
5. Green tea
Green tea has vitamins & anti-oxidants, which are very helpful in clearing excess oil & reducing inflammation of acne prone skin. So green tea has a great role in blackhead treatment.
- Dip one green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Apply the liquid on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash your face with normal water & use a good moisturizer.
- Make a paste by an adding a tablespoon of green tea with some water.
- Apply the paste to your face & rub it softly for 5 minutes.
- Now wash your face with normal water & apply a good moisturizer.
Steam One of the finest natural treatments for blackheads is facial steam or sauna. It is very effective in opening up the pores & clearing dirt, oil & dead skin cells.
- Boil some water in a container to create steam.
- Now turn off the heat & place your face over the container while holding a towel over head to trap the steam around your face.
- Let the steam soak into your face for 5-10 minutes.
- Now you can dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Exfoliation is another effective blackhead home treatment.
- Gentle exfoliation clears dead skin cells, cleans pores & removes blackheads.
- Exfoliation after steaming is very good.
Orange peel Orange is rich in vitamin C, which makes your skin complexion fair & glow. It is also helpful for acne & blackheads treatment.
- Add some orange peel powder with normal water or rose water to create a smooth paste.
- Then apply the paste on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash your face with plain water.
Fenugreek offers one of the most simple & effective blackheads home treatments.
- Grind some fenugreek leave & mix it with plain water to make a smooth, thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Now wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Mix some fenugreek powder with water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face for 15 minutes, and then wash it off.
Oatmeal is a good cleanser for the face. Also being slightly abrasive in nature, it works as a natural exfoliate to clear dead skin & dirt. It is also a good home treatment for blackheads.
- First, mix some oatmeal with yogurt to make a paste.
- Now add one tablespoon of lemon juice & olive oil into the paste to make a mixture.
- Apply the mixture on your face for 15 minutes & wash your face with cold water.
- Make a mixture by mixing some oatmeal with honey or lemon juice or plain water.
- Apply the mixture on your face & rub gently for some time.
- Now wash your face with water for blackheads treatment.
Turmeric is very helpful for blackhead treatment. Turmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory & antioxidant property. Mix some turmeric powder with either some milk or rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face or the troubled zone for 15-20 minutes. Now wash your face with water.
11. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has both antibacterial & anti-fungal property. So tea tree oil not only eliminates bacteria & but also effective for blackheads treatment.
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil with water or Aloe Vera gel to make a mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your troubled zone for 30 minutes.
- Now wash it off with cold water.
- Don’t apply the tea tree oil directly on your face.
12. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar Apple cider vinegar is very good at clearing excess oil. It also has antiseptic & antibacterial property.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water.
- Apply this solution on your face with a cotton ball.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes or leave it for overnight.
- You can wash your face with lukewarm water later.
- It is advisable to mix some mint leaves with apple cider vinegar for blackheads treatment.
Tomato Vitamin C rich tomato is very good for dull skin. Tomato not only helps to clear skin pores, but effective for blackheads treatment also.
- Apply the tomato juice directly on your troubled zone for half an hour or an overnight.
- Wash your face with plain water for blackhead treatment.
Cornmeal is very effective for skin treatment as it works as a great natural cleanser. It helps to clean dirt & clear the pores of your skin. It is also very effective for blackheads treatment.
- Mix a tablespoon of cornmeal with your regular cleanser.
- Apply the mixture on your face & rub gently for some time.
- Wash your face with plain water.
- You may also use steaming to open skin pores before applying the mixture.
Toothpaste is one of the best home remedies for acne, pimple treatment & blackheads treatment. In case you have sensitive skin, don’t apply this remedy.
- You can directly apply the white toothpaste on your affected area for an hour or an overnight.
- Wash of your face with plain water.
- First, apply some toothpaste on the affected area.
- Then rub the paste gently for 5 minutes with a toothbrush.
- Wash your face with plain water to see the result.