how to get rid of shingles fast
Symptoms of shingles nerve
Sharp, burning pain along with a nerve route somewhere in your body for 3-4 days
There are angry red blisters at that pain site several days later. These are very painful and itchy. Later the bumps blister, turn cloudy and form scabs. It usually lasts 7-14 days from the time the blisters appear before the scabs drop off. This is no ordinary rash; it is shingles, which is a viral infection of a nerve
It most often occurs on the skin of the abdomen, under the ribs and above the navel. But it can appear anywhere on the body. It most frequently occurs after the age of 50.
If shingles start near an eye, beware! The cornea can become infected and blindness may result. You would then do well to consult an eye specialist.
Causes of shingles
This staphylococcal infection consists of small round bacteria growing in clusters
The virus in the chicken pox you had as a child never really left your body; and, when you are an adult, it comes back in the form of shingles. The virus may lie dormant in the spinal cord and nerve ganglia for years until triggered. It normally lives on the nostrils and skin of everybody.
What triggers the attack? It is known that poisonous substances in food, metals, drugs, and other toxic substances can do it. For example, the risk of shingles increases with the use of anti-cancer drugs. Anything that weakens the immune system can bring on an attack of shingles. Once it occurs, the pain can continue on for months or years. So it is better to prevent an attack.
Foods to avoid if you have shingles
Home Remedies for shingles
- The amino acid, lysine, can help inhibit the spread of the herpes virus.
- The diet must include raw fruits and vegetables, brewer’s yeast, brown rice, and whole grains.
- Be sure and eat enough protein.
- Some suggest leaving the blisters alone if they are not too bothersome. Other suggestions include placing one or more of the following on them: calamine or other calcium preparation on them. Calcium is always soothing to skin rash conditions. Apply vitamin E oil from a capsule to the area.
- Put cold water on a cloth and place it over the area.
- The cooler it is, the better it feels.
- Avoid anything that will make your blistered skin hotter.
- Put apple cider vinegar on it daily.
- Take hot baths 2-3 times a week.
- Take a starch bath (one cup of cornstarch or colloidal oatmeal) into a hot tub.
- Colloidal oatmeal is powdered and is at the pharmacy.
- Do not slip in the tub!
- Clean out the bowels frequently. Light fruit and vegetable fasts will also help clean out, and strengthen the body. Wear only cotton clothing while the condition exists.
- Dab the infection with hydrogen peroxide to purify it. If pain exists after the blisters are gone, put ice on the area.
- Avoid drafts Allow sunlight on the area for short intervals. Gently wash the blisters when bathing and avoid touching or scratching them.
- If the shingles appear on the forehead, tip of the nose, or near the eyes, contact an ophthalmologist. Such cases can lead to blindness.
Also, Read Home Remedies for shingles Nerve Pain