(Last Updated On: March 24, 2020)
What is a viral fever?
Viral fever is a fever that occurs after humans are infected with a viral infection. these viruses are tiny germs that spread quickly and easily from person to person. When people contract a viral infection, such as flu, cold their immune systems responds by going into overdrive. a segment of this response often involves raising your body’s temperature to convert it to less hospitable to the infection and germs. The normal body temperature of a human is around 98.6 F (37 C) more than this even 1 degrees more is said to be a fever.
Similar to bacterial infections, viral fever does not respond to antibiotics. while the viral fever has infected you there are several ways you can do to help manage your fever symptoms.
Types of viral fever worldwide
- yellow fever
Symptoms of viral fever
- Common weakness
- Loss of appetite
- Body joint pain
Causes of viral fever
There are several causes of viral fever, which can be cold and flu viruses. Viral fever occurs when your immune system is infected by viruses, bacteria, or toxins viral spread from person to person.
How to prevent Viral infection?
- Avoid sharing utensils, water bottles, cups,
- Carry natural hand sanitizer
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, mouth, nose.
- Show your children how to wash hands properly.
- wash your hands regularly
- Wear mouth mask
- Keep a distance with the person who is suffering from viral fever.
When to visit the doctor?
Viral fever is not life-threatening and you do not have to worry much about it. but when the fever is high and your body temperature does not go down even after 3 days they can be risky for your health. you should seek a doctor as soon as possible.
Fevers can become risky for adults in some cases. consult your doctor if your fever temprature is about (100 F) and the medicine is not working even after 2 or 3 days.
You might get the following symptoms with the viral fever.
- Chest or abdominal pain
- Stiff neck
- Severe headache.
- Frequent vomiting
- Difficulty breathing.
A viral fever may be more fatal for children than adults. Here are things explained read it and understand when to call your doctor.
Children’s age from 0.6 years to 2 years:
If the rectal temprature is more than (102 F) and lasts for more than 24 hours. if they are suffering from cough, rash, or diarrhoea then you should seek a doctor as soon as possible.
Children’s age from 0 to 3 months
If they rectal temprature is above (100.4F) or higher.
Children ages 3 to 6 months
Children’s age from 3 to 6 months If the rectal temperature is above (102F) and they sleepy or irritable.
How to check body temprature at home?
If you want to check body temprature you can select from several types of thermometers, including ear, oral, rectal, and forehead ( temporal artery thermometers)
Even though these are not the most accurate way to find out temprature, you may try an oral thermometer for armpit reading.
how to do?
- Keep the thermometer in the armpit and cross your arms over the chest.
- Leave it for a few minutes
- The axillary temprature is lower than an oral temprature.
- Call your physician, Tell the actual number you see on the thermometer and where the body you took the temprature.
Using a rectal thermometer for children
- Keep a dab of petroleum jelly on the bulb.
- Lay your baby on his or her tummy.
- Carefully insert the bulb 1/2 to 1 inch ( 1.3 to 2.5 CM) in your kid’s rectum.
- hold the bulb and your kid for 4 minutes
- Do not let go of the thermometer when it is kept inside your kid.
- if your kid squirms, the thermometer can do deeper and cause injury.
Home remedies for viral fever with joint pain
Viral fever makes the body warmer than normal. this leads to body sweat to cool down. unfortunately, this also causes fluid loss resulting in dehydration. Drink fluids as much as possible when you are suffering from viral fever fluids will help to maintain body temprature and will not cause dehydration.
Following drinks and juices, you can take in viral fever.
Natural organic soups
Sports Drinks ( Not artificial)
For toddler babies and you can give them formulated drink with electrolytes. you can also make your electrolyte drink at home.
Take enough rest
Viral fever patients need enough rest and sleep to recover. if you work or do physical activity chances are there your body temprature will increase. atleast 8 to 9 hours sleep is required in the night and day rest as much as possible. try to avoid physical activity.
Basil for viral fever
Basil herb has antibiotic and antiviral properties this help to destroy the viral fever virus from the body.
How to use?
- Take some basil leaves 10 to 15 wash it.
- Take one teaspoon clove powder
- take 1-litre water
- Boil together all for 10 minutes in medium fire.
- Filter the boiled water.
- Let it cool down.
- Drink it several times per day
- You will get relief, stop it once you feel good.
There is very less chance that basil can affect you or can be risky if you do not get relief or
get any other symptoms which harm your health, you should consult the doctor.
Honey and ginger for viral fever
How to use?
- Take 2-3 dry small pieces ginger to eat raw or with meal best is with soup.
- 1 teaspoon honey.
- 1 cup of water.
- Drink honey water once a day
Tulsi leaves is also called (Ocimum sanctum) it is widely used in Ayurveda since centuries for the treatment of many common health conditions such as diarrhoea, fever, indigestion, arthritis, back pain, ringworm, etc. many studies have found that tulsi contains Antimicrobial (including antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiprotozoal, antimalarial, anthelmintic), mosquito repellent, anti-diarrheal, anti-oxidant, anti-cataract, anti-inflammatory. 
How to use?
- Take 1 cup of tulsi leaves.
- Take a few cloves.
- Boil both in the small utensil.
- Filter boil juice in a mug.
- Drink several times a day.
- Stop it after you get relief from fever.
Coriander Tea for viral fever
Coriander is herbal plant it has hypnotic and anti-oxidant, phytonutrients properties which help to increase immunity. coriander is widely used in India as it helps to relieve symptoms of viral fever. 
How to use?
- Take some coriander leaves
- Boil in water
- take boiled coriander in a glass
- add some honey and milk
- Drink twice a day until you get relief from viral fever symptoms.
Rice starch for viral fever
Rice starch is an ancient home remedy it is used for treating viral symptoms, rice starch is a natural food and healthy drink. it helps to boost immunity among elder and children.  rice starch has been found as healthy food. rice starch is effective for the symptoms of several health conditions such as sunstroke, arrhythmia, fever, dysentery, dizziness, diarrhoea.
How to use?
- Take enough rice for your meal.
- cook the rice in cooker till 50%
- Do not let it dry.
- now remove the strained liquid from rice.
- Drink the strained liquid one time day for instant relief from viral fever.
- stop it until you feel relief.
Medical research and resources links