What is a heat rash?
Heat rash is one of the major health issues of the skin caused due to heat exposure or heating, it is also called prickly heat or miliaria. Heat rash usually will go and clear on its own. in a few cases, it may need medical conditions.
heat rash can appear in any part of the body,
Few areas we have mentioned
- Near the groin
- In the neck.
How to prevent and reduce heat rash symptoms.
- Wear only cotton clothes.
- If your baby has heat rash does not give them diapers and provide them cotton clothes
- Apply cool compresses
- Avoid thick ointments
- Do not exercise in hot temprature
- Take cool bath 2 times day
- Wear loose clothes
- Keep your house cool can use the Air conditioner.
Causes of heat rashes
When the sweat pores are blocked from an excessive amount of sweat. you are than about to get heat rash, if you are in a hot environment, humid climate. babies are more likely to get heat rash if they are overdressed.
Other causes are
- Prolonged bed rest
- Tropical climates
- immature sweat ducts
Symptoms of heat rash
In adults Heat rash usually builds up in skin folds when clothing causes friction. In babies, the rash is mostly found in the chest, neck, shoulder, elbow, armpits.
- Small blisters
- itching and irritation
- Red rashes
When to consult a doctor
Heat rash most of the time heals by itself at home with few home remedies and care, cooling and avoiding heat exposure are the main remedy to treat it naturally. you should seek medical attention if your baby has heat rash for more than 5 days and the rash getting worse or if you notice some signs of infection on the affected area.
Now let’s see some effective home remedies for heat rash
Avoid wearing synthetic clothes
When it is the summer season you should wear light-colored and loose cotton low weight clothes.
this type of clothes will help to better air circulation in your body and can prevent heat rash.
avoid synthetic heavy clothes in summer.
More drinks in summer
Heat rash is a viral infection comes in summer or when the temprature is too hot.
hot temprature may drain your energy. drink natural drinks such as lemon water, mint juice, coconut water, lemon juice, cucumber juice, blackberry juice, etc.
Sandalwood for heat rash
Medical Experts found that sandalwood contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, both help to reduce the heat rash pain. it also helps to reduce the burning sensation caused due to heat rash.
How to use?
- Take 2 piece sandalwood
- Take 1 cup water
- Make a thick paste
- First, apply on normal skin and see after 1 hour if you get any skin reactions like itching or redness. if you do not see any reaction you can
- apply to heat rash affected area and leave for 1 hour.
Neem for heat rash
Neem is widely used since centuries for skin conditions and is effective for many cases.
Neem contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, an astringent properties, all these help to improve skin conditions and heat rash symptoms.
How to use?
- Take few dried neem leaves
- Grind all with some water
- make a paste
- Apply to affected areas
- Leave it till it gets dry for 30 minutes
- Wash with water
- Repeat once a day for 5 days and see changes.
Coconut oil for heat rash
Coconut oil is a wonderful home remedy for skin conditions and well known in the world for treating many health issues. Coconut helps to LDL cholesterol, improves brain functions in Alzheimer, Several Medical research found that coconut is effective for skin health.coconut to contain antimicrobial properties that help to protect skin from harmful microorganisms. 
Cool baths and showers
The cool water bath helps to relieve heat rash. washing the affected area with cool water can help to reduce pores. this is important as clogged pores contribute to heat rash. take a cool bath or wash with area two times a day for 1 week until you see a reduction in heat rash symptoms.
Oatmeal for heat rash
Oatmeal is a well-known home remedy for skin conditions it has been used since centuries.
oatmeal helps to relieve heat rash itching irritation. 
How to use
- Take 2 cups oatmeals
- Add in a lukewarm water bath.
- Soak in the water for 25 minutes.
- Ensure that water is not too hot.
- You can also prepare a thick paste of oatmeal and apply to affected areas.
- There are readymade packs are also available in the market for skin treatment.
Baking soda for heat rash
Baking soda sodium bicarbonate help to soothe itchy skin. it is widely used worldwide for many skin conditions including heat rash. baking soda is recommended by many health experts for skincare and heat rash.
how to use?
- Take 1-2 cup baking soda
- Mix in the Bathtub
- soak affected areas in the bath for 25 minutes
- repeat once a day for 1 week.
- if you get any skin reaction and stop it.
Epsom salt for heat rash
According to the international journal of dermatology, A medical study was conducted in 2005 and suggested that magnesium salt may be effective for dry skin and decrease inflammation. As an ancient home remedy, Epsom is widely used for many health conditions.
- Skin Itching
- Sore feet
- Sore muscles
how to use?
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- A bathtub
- warm water
- Mix Epsom salt in the bathtub
- Soak affected areas in the water for 20 minutes
- Repeat once a day for 1 week
Lavender oil for heat rash
Lavender oil is a part of Essential oils are made from several herbs and plants, such as rinds, barks, through a distillation process by using water or steam. they are rich in scent and highly concentrated. many essential oils are beneficial for skin conditions and widely used in the USA, Europe, Canada, etc. they are effective in treating heat rash by relieving skin irritation and itching.
How to use?
- Take 6 drops lavender oil
- 1 bucket lukewarm water
- add the oil in water and mix well
- Take a bath
- Repeat once a day for 1 week.
Ice cubes for heat rash
For heat rash natural treatment from home Cooling is effective and most used treatment in all over the world with ice cubes cooling it will soothe the skin and reduce the irritation and itching caused by heat rash.
how to use?
- Take 3-4 ice cubes
- A soft cotton towel
- Place ice cubes in the towel and gently put on the affected areas keep it atleast for 25 minutes.
- Repeat this several times a day or when you get itching and irritation.