how to cure acidity permanently naturally
Acidity is related to heartburn and gas formation in the stomach In acidity, acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease, or more commonly known as ur diva gata amla pitta in Ayurveda
there is a movement of gastric juices (carrying acid) from the stomach into the lower esophagus (food pipe). This is a condition which is caused when acidic contents in a stomach (hydrochloric acid) move upward into the esophagus and making it dysfunctional.
Understanding the right treatment at the right time and causes of any disease, like acidity or acid reflux, is very helpful for effective treatments. In Ayurveda, it is considered to be caused by the aggravations of pitta dosha that is responsible for burning sensation caused in the chest region.
Acidosis is a condition in which body chemistry becomes imbalanced and overly acidic. Symptoms associated with acidosis include frequent sighing, insomnia, water retention, recessed eyes, arthritis, migraine headaches, abnormally low blood pressure, acid or strong perspiration, dry hard stools, foul-smelling stools accompanied by a burning sensation in the anus, alternating constipation and diarrhea, difficulty swallowing, halitosis, a burning sensation in the mouth and/or under the tongue, sensitivity of the teeth to vinegar and acidic fruits, and bumps on the tongue or the roof of the mouth.
Common symptoms of acid reflux are
Heartburn: a burning pain or discomfort that may move from your stomach to your abdomen or chest, or even up into your throat
- Regurgitation: a sour or bitter-tasting acid backing up into your throat or mouth
- Other symptoms of acid Reflux disease include:
- Bloody or black stools or bloody vomiting
- Dysphagia — a narrowing of your esophagus, which creates the sensation of food being stuck in your throat
- Hiccups that don’t let up
- Weight loss for no known reason
- Wheezing, dry cough, hoarseness, or chronic sore throat
- There are two classifications of acidosis: respiratory and metabolic. Respiratory acidosis is caused by an interruption of the acid control of the body, resulting in an overabundance of acidic fluids or the depletion of alkali (base). Simply, it occurs if the lungs are unable to remove carbon dioxide. Respiratory acidosis can be a result of asthma, bronchitis, or obstruction of the airway. It can be either mild or severe.
Metabolic acidosis occurs when chemical changes in balance, creating an excessive amount of acid in the failure, the use of unusually large amounts of aspirin, conditions that can deplete the body’s alkaline base. The body disturbs the body fluids. Diabetes and metabolic diseases body’s acid-base Mellitus, kidney are some of the Other contributing factors can include liver and adrenal disorders, stomach ulcers, improper diet, malnutrition, obesity, ketosis, anger, stress, fear, anorexia, toxemia,fever, and the consumption of excessive amounts of niacin and vitamin C.Acid and alkaline self-test
This test will determine whether your body fluids are either too acidic or too alkaline. Purchase litmus paper, and apply saliva and urine to the paper. The paper will change color to indicate if your system is overly acidic or alkaline. Red litmus paper turns blue in an alkaline medium, and blue litmus paper turns red in an acid medium. Always perform the test either before eating or at least one hour after eating. If your test indicates that your body is too acidic, consult the recommendations below.
Home Remedies for Acidity and Gas
- Use elder bark, hops, and willow for acidosis.
- Externally, apply ginger compresses to the kidney area.
- Eat a diet of 50 percent raw foods.
- Raw foods not only maintain the correct acid/alkaline balance within the body, but they are also richer in nutrients that are easily assimilated into the body.
- Recommended foods include apples, avocados, bananas, bilberries, blackberries, grapefruit, grapes, lemons, pears, pineapples, strawberries, and all vegetables.
- Fresh fruits, especially citrus fruits, and vegetables reduce acidosis.
- Start with small amounts of citrus fruits and gradually add larger amounts.
- Chew your food slowly, and do not overindulge.
- Make sure food is mixed well with saliva to form a liquid consistency before swallowing.
- Do not drink fluids during meals.
- Prepare cooked foods with care.
- Maintain clean working surfaces and wash vegetables and fruit.
- Keep meat and vegetables separate—you can contaminate vegetables with bacteria from raw meat.
- Do not overcook vegetables, as this makes them lose not only their flavor but also their nutritional value.
- Eat processed foods in moderation only.
- They are low in nutrients and overexert the digestive system.
- Both cooked and processed foods tend to make the body more acid.
- Also avoid eating late at night, as this makes the body work more on digestion and less on restoration.
- Drink potato broth every day.
- Avoid animal protein (especially beef and pork), as they lead to acidity.
- Avoid beans, cereals, crackers, eggs, flour products, grains, oily foods, macaroni, and sugar.
- Plums, prunes, and cranberries do not oxidize and therefore remain acid to the body.
- Avoid these until the situation improves.
- Since excess vitamin C may lead to acidosis, reduce your intake of vitamin C for a few weeks. When taking vitamin C, use a non-acid-forming (buffered) variety.
- Heartburn and indigestion can be the result of food digesting poorly.
- If you suffer from heartburn, taking small swallows of a teaspoon or two of natural cider vinegar in a glass of water may be of some help.
- It may cause a burning sensation when you swallow it, but then, in approximately twenty minutes, you should feel relief.
- If the cider vinegar method works, this may indicate that you lack sufficient acid in your stomach and the cider vinegar compensated for this insufficiency.
- In this case, consider taking digestive enzyme supplements containing hydrochloric acid (HC1). Stomach acid is important for breaking down food, and also prevents germs from irritating the intestines.
- Check your urine pH daily using pH paper.
- Drink as much buttermilk as you can for 2 days, your acidity cures easily. This is a very beneficial homemade home remedy for acidity.
- Daily eat curd rice at least once in a day keeps away from acidity.
- Drink one glass of ragi (finger millet) Java before going to work daily will get rid of acidity forever.
- For instant acidity, relief drinks one glass of Lassi.
- When you have more acidity, drink 1-2 liters of Luke warm water with a pinch of salt at a time in the morning empty stomach and try to vomit as much as possible.
- AT the end you feel sourness in the mouth which means you are throwing away the acid. Or you can just drink a glass of water just before brushing and try to take it out just after brushing.
Anti-gas tea 1
- 1 teaspoon dried angelica root
- 2 teaspoons peppermint leaves
- 1 teaspoon bee balm leaves
- 1i cup boiling water
- Combine the herbs in a container. Take one tablespoon of the herb mixture and cover with the boiling water; steep for zo to 3o minutes; strain. Take as needed.
Anti-gas tea 2
- 2 teaspoons bee balm leaves
- 2 teaspoons peppermint leaves
- 2 teaspoons chamomile flowers
- 1 cup boiling water
Combine the herbs in a container. Take one tablespoon of the mixture and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o minutes; strain. Take as needed.
Also, read Natural Remedies for nervousness