Ayurvedic home remedies for cold and cough
A cough is one of the most common illness that we all experience several times in our lives. An occasional cough is no cause for concern; however, a cough that lasts for weeks, or one that shows bloody mucus requires emergency care
Once the winter approaches, the greatest fear is to be safe from cold and diseases that follow it A cough is one of them Scientifically speaking, it is just a natural body reflex to keep our lungs and airway away from foreign materials,
However, constant coughing causes discomfort and irritability so it needs to be looked into.
Home remedies for cough and cold for adults
- Add one teaspoon turmeric powder,
- 2 cinnamon sticks, and one teaspoon black pepper to half a cup of water.
- Boil this for 2-3 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this daily to get relief from a cough.
- Cut a fresh ginger into small slices or crush them slightly.
- Put them in a cup of water and boil it.
- Drink this three to four times a day.
- You can also add some lemon juice and honey.
- Sucking of lemon is the most popular remedy.
- Just apply some salt and black pepper and suck it.
- Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this mixture several times a day.
- Also, try lemonade made by boiling 1 glass of water then squeeze in ½ a lemon and let it cool until it is warm.
- Add 1 tbsp. of honey to it.
Garlic has antibiotic properties and can cure cough if eaten daily. To cure cough, it is recommended to eat at least 2-3 cloves every day.
- Crush a clove of garlic mixed with some honey.
- Also, you can boil few crushed garlic in a cup of milk until the milk reduces to 3/4
- Also, you can boil few crushed garlic in a cup of milk until the milk reduces to 3/4th Strain away the garlic and drink the milk preferably before bedtime.
- Boil 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 1 cup of water until the water reduces and becomes thick.
- Strain into a glass and add 3 tablespoons of honey and lemon juice.
- Take 1 tablespoon daily morning and before going to bed.
- Put 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 2 tablespoons of honey in a cup.
- Fill it with water and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink as needed.
- This hot drink will sooth your throat as well as relief you from a cough.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of honey in one glass of hot milk.
- Drink this before going to bed.
- it helps you to sleep better and keeps a cough away.
- Boil some oregano leaves in a cup of water. Strain and drink it.
- Another remedy is to boil 2 cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs of fresh oregano in 2 cups of water.
- Cool it down and add 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Steep this mixture overnight.
- Strain it in the morning and drink it.
Thyme tea is a healthy cure for coughs. It contains thymol and carvacrol, and these components soothe the throat by loosening the phlegm. Thyme tea should be taken thrice a day until the cough goes away.
- Thyme flavonoid relaxes the muscles of the trachea and bronchi and also opens up airways which result in less coughing.
- Mix 2 teaspoons crushed leaves in 1 cup boiling water, cover, then steep for 10 minutes and strain.
Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water then add honey and drink it warm.
- Mix 1/4 tablespoon crushed ginger,
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper,
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and drink it warm.
- Apple cider vinegar and honey in this drink can clear congestion and reduce your cough.
Onions are also good for treating cough. Simmer the onions in water with some honey added. when the onions are soft, remove them. Eat one onion every 6 hours until a cough is gone.
Chamomile or Green Tea also helps soothe the throat. Add honey to the tea to keep the throat moisturized.
Also, Read Home Remedies for a Sore throat