how to get rid of gas home remedy
The gas itself is not a cause for worry at all.
It does not pose any health risk at all, but it certainly poses a high risk of social embarrassment which is why gas treatment and natural remedies for gas are so sought after. Excessive passage of gas or gas is often reason enough to seek medical treatment. It should be pointed out that in most cases of excessive gas it is important to identify possible underlying causes and treat them to eliminate the problem.
Excessive gas odor and excessive gas can be controlled through dietary and lifestyle changes. It is important that you minimize your intake of, or avoid consuming foods that cause gas for any gas relief. Lifestyle habits such as meal timings, regular sleep timings and most importantly regular bowel movements are also important.
Some amount of physical activity is essential for the efficient functioning of your digestive system. Also, make it a point to avoid controlling or delaying bowel movements. Treatment with such simple measures can help to control gas odor or excessive gas. In almost all cases of excessive gas, the problem can be controlled with such home treatments. In cases of severe gas where such methods fail to reduce gas, it would be advisable to seek a medical diagnosis as there could be some other underlying condition that contributes to the problem.
The most common causes of gas are
- Lactose intolerance
- The consumption of certain foods such as beans (beans, beans, beans, beans), beer (black), bran, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carbonated drinks, cauliflower, onion and milk among others which gases tend to engender Constipation
- Overeating what makes food that has not been finished completely digest turn into gas.
- Chewing food incorrectly, big pieces are difficult to digest and take longer to ferment.
- Eating with open mouth lets in too much air as chewing gum, smoking and drinking soda.
- The take baking soda for indigestion can increase the amount of flatus
- Anxiety and stress
Some medications such as laxatives, cholesterol reducers, and tranquilizers may promote or increase gas.
Home Remedies for gas
- Mix 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder with a pinch of asafoetida and a pinch of rock salt in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this concoction to get relief from gas.
- Mix 2 tsp of brandy with a cup of warm water and drink this before going to bed.
- Chew on some fresh ginger slices that are soaked in lime juice after meals.
- A drop of dill oil in a tsp of honey taken immediately after a meal should be of great help.
- Dry grind 1 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of dry ginger.
- 1 tsp of green cardamom seeds.
- Add 1/2 tsp of this mixture to water and drink after 1 hour after a meal.
Chewing peppermint after a meal does a lot more than just freshening your breath. Peppermint contains menthol that soothes the digestive muscles. It helps in treating gas, bloating and abdominal pain that accompanies gas. Peppermint oil combined with caraway oil has been used since ages to treat abdominal discomfort caused by gas. Consume papaya as pineapple fresh contain enzymes that help digestion and prevent complete gas.
- Remove the beans by gas teaspoon ginger powder to be added to cold water to cover dry beans. Is boiled and then allowed to rest for an hour, strained, rinsed and then cook beans with fresh water.
- At each meal, sipping juice lemon diluted or a mixture of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and two of honey in a glass of water.
- Mustard seeds take two with a glass of water before breakfast and then go up the number of seeds to reach 12 per hour. Once the gases are under control, the number of seeds can be reduced gradually to take one or two a day.
- To relieve an attack of pain caused by gas, cover the abdomen with a hot water bottle.
- Apply to the abdomen a towel soaked in a mixture of brandy with hot water and a pinch of salt. This remedy also relieves stomach pain caused by gas.
- Herbal tea and cardamom, chamomile, cinnamon or cloves to stimulate digestion, reduce the bacteria that cause putrefaction and improving intestinal mobility.
- Take, after dinner, a cup of tea made with a quart of boiling water and sugar, about 10 grams of fennel seeds.
- Place 1 teaspoon of oregano and lemon verbena in a cup of water is boiling.
- Cover and let sit for about 6 minutes.
- Take after meals and there is no need to add sugar because the taste is very nice.