Redness on the face, apart from spoiling your appearance, implies that something is wrong with your skin. There are various causes of facial redness. Allergic reactions, sunburn, and acne breakouts lead to temporary facial flushing.
Recurrent facial redness occurs due to chronic skin conditions such as rosacea. However, regardless of the underlying cause, facial redness can be alleviated with the help of simple home remedies.
Natural remedies work by soothing irritated skin. These inexpensive remedies with natural ingredients are safe for the skin. They are therefore considered safe even for long-term use for skin disorders that cause persistent facial flushing.
The Following Natural Remedies Can Help In Reducing Redness On The Face:
The cooling and soothing effect of cucumber helps in providing quick relief from facial redness. You can apply cucumber slices directly to the reddened area or combine it with oatmeal for better results.
- Oatmeal helps in reducing itching and irritation.
- Take half a cucumber.
- Peel and puree it.
- Grind one to two cups of oats in a blender and mix it with the pureed cucumber.
- Apply the cucumber and oat paste to the skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
2. Milk And Honey:
A calming milk and honey compress help in reducing discomfort and facial flushing.
- Mix three tablespoons of raw honey with a cup of whole milk.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and blend the ingredients well.
- Soak a washcloth in the mixture and place it on the reddened area.
- Repeat several times.
Tannin present in tea leaves helps in soothing the inflamed skin, thereby providing fast relief from facial redness.
- To reduce redness on the skin,
- soak a tea bag in warm water and apply the tea bag to the affected area.
- Leave it on for about 3 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Alternatively, soak two tea bags in a cup of warm water.
- Mix a teaspoon of salt. Dip a washcloth in the tea and place it on the reddened area.
- Leave it on until it cools.
4. Chamomile Tea:
The anti-inflammatory property of chamomile tea helps in reducing redness, swelling, and irritation.
- Soak a chamomile tea bag in a cup of hot water for two minutes.
- Place the wet tea bag in the fridge for about two hours.
- Apply the cold chamomile tea bag to the affected area.
5. Mint, Rosemary, And Apple Cider Vinegar:
Mint soothes the skin and reduces redness. It is combined with rosemary and apple cider vinegar and applied to the skin. This remedy is especially effective in reducing facial flushing associated with acne.
- Boil half a cup of water.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped mint leaves and two chopped rosemary sprigs and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool the decoction to room temperature and strain the liquid. Mix the decoction with half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean dry bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- Apply the mixture to the skin, focusing on the reddened areas.
6. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is known to reduce the redness of the skin. It easily penetrates the skin and suppresses inflammation and soothes the irritated skin.
Its moisturizing property helps in reducing dryness and flaking and supports the healing of damaged skin tissues.
7. Gram Flour:
Gram flour made by grinding chickpeas helps in reducing redness on the face.
- Mix two tablespoons of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric powder,
- One tablespoon of sandalwood powder, and two tablespoons of milk.
- Apply the paste to your face.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse.