pruritus ani natural treatment
Anal itching can be due to the skin or internal medical issues. Skin-related causes include atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, excess friction in the anal area, excess sweat and moisture around the anus, exposure to chemical-based perfumes and dyes, and improper wiping after a bowel movement. Some of the medical causes are food allergies, anal fissures, anal tumors, diarrhea, constipation, fecal incontinence, and hemorrhoids, along with parasite, sexually transmitted, fungal and yeast infections.
You may find anal itching to be embarrassing and uncomfortable. You can treat it at home with simple lifestyle changes and easy-to-follow home remedies. However, seek medical advice if the itching becomes unbearable or persistent.
Home remedy for Anal itching
- Drink 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oildaily.
- You can also use this oil for cooking purposes.
- Rub some warm coconut oil in and around the affected area several times a day to relieve itching and burning sensations.
Simple Steps To Avoid ‘Winter Itch’
Author: News Canada
(NC)-Here are some helpful tips you can follow this season to avoid the dry, itchy skin that affects so many Canadians.
Make sure you use moisturizers regularly, particularly after bathing. Look for products, such as Uremol, which contain urea, a moisturizing factor and keratolytic agent that removes dead, dry skin to reveal softer skin.
- Avoid overheating rooms.
- Use humidifiers to keep the heated indoor air moist. Humidified air is easier to breathe, too.
In terms of washing, baths dry out the skin more than showers, and hot or cold water is more drying than warm.
- One or two thorough baths or showers a week can be supplemented by daily sponge baths under the arms.
- Use a mild soap or wear rubber gloves if you need to handle strong detergents or other chemicals.
- Avoid excessive friction on the skin, such as scrubbing with harsh washcloths or wearing woolen clothing.
- Stay away from irritants or substances which can trigger allergic reactions.
- Bundle up when you go outside. Cover exposed skin in windy or cold weather.
- Be good to your skin. Follow these steps and the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
- Using a moisturizer like Uremol will effectively treat dryness and even difficult areas such as heels and elbows, softening the skin and providing protection.
If this remedy worked for you kindly give a review so that other people can try and get rid of anal itching.