(Last Updated On: April 20, 2021)Papaya consists of an enzyme called papain which is known for its beauty and skin benefits. Papain helps in cleansing the skin. It has exfoliating properties which aid in skin firming and making it soft and supple.
The skin whitening and lightening benefits of papain help in restoring natural complexion, reducing blemishes, scar, and unpleasant spots, and promotes skin regeneration and rejuvenation.
Papaya is enriched with vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that works as a safeguard against age-related skin damage likely to be caused by free radicals. Its anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties reduce acne, pimples, and other skin infections. Papaya has high vitamin A and B-complex content which helps in removing the signs of aging.
Papaya can be applied on the skin directly or as face packs and masks. In this article, we have detailed some of the most effective papaya based face packs along with their skin benefits:
1. Banana And Papaya Face Pack For Dry Skin:
If your skin is dry, you can try this face pack which keeps the skin moisturized and nourished. Banana is enriched with essential nutrients like multi-vitamins, amino acids, potassium, and zinc that keep the skin well-nourished and healthy.
Applying banana on the skin keeps it hydrated and acne-free which works as a natural sun-screen. It helps in defying age and maintains a younger-looking skin for longer.
- 4 tsp ripe papaya (mashed)
- 3 tsp ripe banana (mashed)
- Mix the two mashed fruits evenly into a fine pulpy paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- allow it to stay for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water. You can use this face pack
twice a week.
2. Sandalwood And Papaya Face Pack For Skin Radiance:
Sandalwood is effective in skin whitening and lightening. It also reduces blemishes and spots from the skin and makes it flawless and radiant.
- 3 tsp papaya (mashed)
- 1 tsp sandalwood paste/powder
- Mix the two ingredients and apply them to your face and neck.
- Allow it to stay on the skin for about 20 minutes until its goodness is fully absorbed.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Applying this face pack on the skin regularly helps in restoring natural complexion and get fair and radiant skin.
3. Fuller’s Earth And Papaya Face Pack For Excessive Oily Skin:
If you have oily skin, this face pack is for you. Fuller’s earth is enriched with iron, calcium, magnesium, dolomite, and quart. It absorbs any excess oil trapped in the pores and keeps the skin clear and acne-free.
Fuller’s earth has natural calming properties that soothe the skin against any inflammation. Applying fuller’s earth regularly also helps in getting an even tone. It has natural skin lightening and whitening properties that promote skin fairness.
- ½ cup ripe papaya (mashed)
- 2 tsp fuller’s earth (crushed or powdered
- Mix the two ingredients to form a thick consistent paste so that there is no lump.
- Cleanse your face and apply it with the help of your fingertips.
- Allow the face pack to dry and leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- It deep cleanses and removes any excess oil from the skin and imparts an instant glow to your face.
4. Almond And Papaya Face Pack For Skin Fairness:
Almond contains vitamin E which works as a protective shield against skin damage, sunburn and heals minor wounds. The goodness of almonds in the form of essential nutrients keeps the skin healthy, glowing, and naturally hydrated.
- 3-4 almonds nuts
- 4 tsp ripe papaya (mashed)
- Soak the almonds in milk overnight.
- Grind them into a fine paste the next day and mix with the mashed papaya.
- Apply it to your face and neck.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with water.
- You can apply this face pack once or twice a week.
- This will improve your skin complexion and make it healthy and flawless.
5. Tomato And Papaya Face Pack For A Flawless Skin:
Tomato deep cleanses the skin and helps in making it clear and flawless. Tomato is effective in shrinking skin pores, reducing acne and acne marks, imparting skin glow, soothing the skin from sunburns and inflammation, and works as a natural astringent.
- 3 tsp ripe papaya (mashed)
- 1/4th of a medium-sized ripe tomato (finely grated or pureed)
- 1 tsp honey
- Mix all the ingredients
- And apply to your face.
- Allow it to stay for 15-20 minutes.
- wash off with water.
- This face pack will slowly reduce and lighten the scars and marks on the skin and improve the skin complexion.