How to get rid of neck pain from sleeping wrong
SYMPTOMS—A pain in the neck
CAUSES—Working in a hunched-over position for long hours is a frequent cause. Working so that you must lean your head forward, to better see what you are doing. But an injury may also have occurred
TREATMENT AND HOME REMEDIES FOR NECK PAIN
- Place an ice pack on the back of the neck or apply ice, wrapped in a towel
- Then place heat on the painful area. This can be a heating pad or a hot shower.
Here are several longer-range solutions:
- Do neck exercises each day, to stretch your neck muscles and strengthen them.
- To stretch those muscles, slowly tilt your head forward and back and turn from side to side.
- To strengthen them, put your hand on the side of your head and push.
- Then do the other side, and then the back and front.
- Hold light weights (3-5 pounds) in your hands,
- keeping your arms straight while shrugging your shoulders.
- Sit in chairs which give you good back support.
- Sit up, not forward. Keep your head level and pull in your chin. ‘
- Arrange your work so you can look forward, and not downward, most of the time.
- Stop every so often and take a break.
- Always lift heavy things carefully with the legs and not the back.
- Sleep on a firm mattress.
- Do not sleep on your stomach, but, better, on your side or on your back.
- Keep your neck warm when you are outside in the cold.
- You may do better with a smaller pillow or no pillow at all.
you may also check out Home remedies for sunburn on the body