The pain of sore throat is known to people who actually experience it
It gives irritable feelings of scratchiness, tenderness, pain and irritation inIt gives irritable feelings of scratchiness, tenderness, pain and irritation in throat that usually escalates when one swallows food or water
It usually accompanies viral infection like flu and cold
It also occurs due to exposure to excessive dust, smoke, fumes or anything else that irritates the mucous membrane located at the back of the mouth and throat.
Home Remedies for a sore throat
- You can use raw honey directly.
- Take a spoonful of honey and have it just like that.
- Or else you can also mix it up in a warm glass of water and drink. You can also squeeze
- You can also squeeze in some fresh juice of half lemon in your warm drink.
- This will thin the mucus and relief from soreness.
- Make a salt water solution of 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and gargle few times.
- This helps reduce in swelling and keeps the throat clean.
- Repeat this daily in the morning and before bedtime.