(Last Updated On: April 22, 2021)Your hair and hairstyle can either make or ruin your look. Even though many of us have naturally beautiful hair, maintaining its healthy look and growth is rather a tricky affair. There are various factors like health issues, air or water pollution, the type of hair product being used, harsh hair treatments that decide overall hair health.
Mayonnaise is one of the best hair care products you can use to get beautiful and healthy hair and at the same time; deal with some of the most common hair problems.
Mayo contains oils, egg yolks, and other essential nutrients that are beneficial for both the scalp and the hair. It promotes hair growth, conditions it, removes dandruff, moisturizes and softens dull and frizzy hair, removes head lice, and adds texture and volume to your hair, whether they are straight or curly.
1. Olive Oil And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
If you have dry and frizzy hair, this hair mask is just for you. Olive is also beneficial if you have split ends and dandruff. It moisturizes, nourishes, and softens your hair, and at the same time, promotes hair growth.
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Whip together the olive oil and the mayonnaise to form a thick and smooth mixture.
- Apply it to your hair, starting from the roots through the length of your hair so that the entire hair is covered.
- Leave it on the hair for half an hour.
- For best results, wrap a hot towel around your head so that the hair follicles can absorb all the goodness of it.
2. Honey And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
Honey is a natural moisturizer. It has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that keep the scalp and hair clean and free of dandruff and infections.
- 2/3rd cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Put all the three ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix them properly to get a thick consistent paste.
- Apply it on the scalp, and then from the hair roots to the tip of your hair.
- Make sure you have covered your entire scalp and all parts of your hair.
- Allow the mixture to stay on the hair for 35-45 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
- You can apply this hair mask once a week.
3. Lemon, Egg, And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
The citric acid present in lemon helps in fighting dandruff. It also promotes hair growth, helps in maintaining natural oil balance, and defers premature graying of hair. Egg contains proteins, vitamins, and other essential nutrients that make the hair healthy and strong. It also adds shine and volume.
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Beat the egg properly and then add the other two ingredients to prepare a consistent hair mask.
- Apply it evenly on your hair, from the roots through the whole length of it.
- Leave the mask on the hair for 20-25 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
4. Avocado And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
Avocado is rich in fatty acids and other vital components that help in nourishing, moisturizing, and rejuvenating the scalp. It strengthens the hair roots, keeps the hair hydrated, and boosts its growth.
5 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp avocado (ripe and scooped out)
Put the avocado and the mayo in a blender to get a smooth, creamy paste. You can also mash the avocado and mix it with mayonnaise without leaving any lump. Apply it on your whole hair, from root to tip.
- Wrap a hot towel around it and leave for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with shampoo, preferably a sulfate-free one.
- You can use this mask once a week.
5. Coconut Oil And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
Coconut oil is the most beneficial and commonly used hair oil. The vitamins, fatty acids minerals, and other essential nutrients present in it make it the ideal hair tonic.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Take the mayonnaise in a mixing bowl and add in the oils.
- Blend these to form a nice mixture.
- Apply it evenly on your hair, right from the roots to the tip of your hair.
- Allow it to stay on the hair for half an hour and then wash off with shampoo.
6. Banana, Olive Oil, And Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
Banana is a rich source of potassium, magnesium, vitamins, and other minerals and components that are beneficial for hair.
1 ripe banana (peeled and mashed)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
½ tbsp olive oil
- Remove all the lumps from the mashed banana so that it becomes smooth and consistent.
- Add in the oil and mayo.
- Mix well and apply it to your entire hair.
- Wash off after 30-45 minutes.
- Apply it every week for the best results.