Lumbar spondylosis: Backache: Is it common?
Your spine is the backbone of the body. Your musculoskeletal system is equally as important as your cardiovascular system. The spine health should be given great importance along with the locomotor system which helps you to walk. The spine has some important nerves emerging from its roots. It should be greater importance as the feeling and intensity of pain emerges from these nerve roots which leads to spondylosis. As age advances, there are degenerative changes in your body which leads to degeneration of the cartilage which leads to pain and difficulty in the walking along with backache
Walking does not only mean by lifting your foot at a particular pace and setting down each foot in turn.
It is one of the main gaits of locomotion along with running. It gives you the style and aura of the presence of gait. What if this walking is associated with a backache. It would change your style of gait and would affect your spine health. So give your spine health topmost priority with age. Not only the vertebrae oft he spine gets affected causing backache and difficulty in standing and walking but also the ligaments and tendons which support it.
The Spinal Health
From top to bottom your body is supported by the musculoskeletal framework and spine which involves the vertebrae. It is the S-shaped spine which gives a characteristic appearance to the spine. The spine is made up of 24 bones. Ligaments and the muscles connect the bones and arrange the spinal column. It is arranged in five main segments cervical thoracic lumbar and sacral and coccygeal segments. The spine is made up of 33 bones stacked on one upon the other giving it support for the lifetime. This happens to deteriorate with age leading to a degeneration of the cartilage between the vertebrae. This cartilage is made of annulus fibrosis and nucleus pulposus from which the nerve roots emerge and passes. Taking care of this cushion-like cartilage which acts as a shock absorber is of utmost importance which gives a supporting feature during walking and standing with pride. It keeps us upright and straight which allows us to move around and maintains flexibility in bending forward.
Twenty essential steps for lumbar spondylosis
) Stay active
2) Promote collagen production
3) Maintain a healthy body weight
4) Eat on an anti-inflammatory diet
5) Have natural painkillers
6) Use natural supplements like cannabis oil
7) Lifestyle changes: You can make lifestyle changes that will improve the general health of your back. Like buying a supportive mattress for your bed, changing sleep positions regularly, getting up from your desk often to move around.
8) Avoid smoking eating a healthy diet and eating food rich in vitamins and nutrients.
9) Exercise is crucial to helping a healthy back. Maintain an exercise for 30 minutes and which will help you strengthen your muscles and support your back and reduce the damage
10) Natural remedies, when used in conjunction with a conventional line of treatment, will ensure that you have full and meaning full life with lumbar spondylosis.
11) Follow your doctor’s treatment plan and continue your home exercises Like home stretching exercises. It does wonders for our back. Strengthening will avert the future episodes of backache.
12) Sit and stand properly. Maintain posture. Poor posture is one of the reasons for back pain
13) Learn to lift correctly
14) Attain and maintain a healthy body weight
15) Get plenty of rest
16) Manage pain management by mind-body technique
17) Go in for natural mode of treatment like Ayurveda and homeopathy
18) Try yoga to maintain that posture
19) Start physiotherapy exercises
20) Ice and heat which acts as a pain reliever which blocks the pain signal also helps in relieving pain and swelling
Getting a proper diagnosis along with the correct line of treatment is essential. Ensure that you know exactly what your condition is before you begin your treatment
Lumbar spondylosis can have a serious impact on you and your lifestyle. However, if you take precautions and treat symptoms the same you can have a normal lifestyle.
Aging should not be treated as the phase of the life of popping pills. It should be treated gracefully and with an idea of endurance. Lifestyle changes and exercise is the best way to reduce the pain in case of lumbar spondylosis. With these essential steps, you will be able to live a normal and healthy lifestyle.
Believe in holistic healing and integrated medicine which i have explained or spoken about in my previous articles in the top 20 remedies. I would suggest you go for an Integrated approach in which the painkillers are tapered down slowly and steadily with holistic healing.
The patient being in pain is very difficult to treat. Lumbar spondylosis experiences backache which is characteristic lumbar pain which is supposed to be given utmost importance. Combined cervical and lumbar spondylosis can give much pain to the patient. Reducing the pain is of utmost importance. Spondylosis diffusely affects the vertebral column but is more pronounced in the lumbar region or the cervical area, it may cause compression of the spinal column or nerve roots. Since spondylotic changes are common in the cervical and lumbar spine, a combined compression of neural contents of both areas would be an essential entity.
As you get older the lumbar disc may wear down. The bony disc and joints can crack. You don’t have to have an injury such as fall for this to happen. Wear and tear of any bone can cause a stress fracture. Time can also cause the cartilage or cushion between the bones to wear out or to grow thinner. The ligaments that connect your bones can grow thicker and less flexible .when these changes develop in the lumbar region it is called lumbar spondylosis.
Essential health steps to be taken to reduce the pain of lumbar spondylosis.
1)A medical program can be tailored to arrest pain.
2)Spondylosis with active therapy is essential.
3)Reduce pain and repair damaged cells
$)Reoccurrence management is essential
5) Proper treatment with pain management: to prevent future spondylosis pain
Know when to consult a spine specialist?
- Stiffness or difficulty in moving your neck or back
- Headaches and dizziness
- Pain radiates to legs and lowers back
- When condition develops into cervical myelopathy
- When there is numbness and tingling in limbs
- Loss of bladder and bowel movement
- When you have been advised surgery
Spine analysis with MRI is essential if pain persists. You can take essential steps at home. Through the integrated and holistic natural mode of treatment like homeopathy and Ayurveda can be taken care of. Remember aging is also an important factor. We understand to go for surgery and want some effective solution to lumbar spondylosis. You cannot stop your body from growing older but you can do a lot more to protect your spinal health. By following these tips you can enjoy the benefits of a healthy spine. Remember spine is designed to move. Hence keep on moving with the spine. Complete bed rest is never recommended as this can worsen the symptom because that will make the spine inflexible and rigid.