(Last Updated On: December 23, 2020)Low platelet causes fatigue. Switch to chitosan for a natural cure that works at the root cause. Apart from hemostatic properties, chitosan is also used as a fat blocker to treat obesity, high cholesterol, and tired blood anemia which includes loss of strength and fatigue. It is used as medicine in the form of a capsule in the form of a supplement that is good for health. Just like we take mineral and vitamin supplements it is used for the same. Let us explore the benefits.
What is chitosan?
Chitosan is a linear polysaccharide mainly composed of randomly distributed glucosamine and acetyl-D-glucosamine. It is a sugar that is obtained from the hard and rough outer skeleton of shellfish including lobster crab and fish. The chitosan benefits are widely used as medicine. Chitosan is chemically processed in the form of chitin. Chitin can also be found in mushrooms and yeast. Squid pens are waste shell by-products of squid processing and are an inexpensive and renewable source of chitosan. Chitosan is a great source of fiber and helps in losing weight as well. It is available as a chitosan capsule. We must understand that chitosan can be used as a hemostatic agent and can also be used in medicines to control bleeding and taking care of any form of internal and external bleeding.
What are the properties of chitosan?
- Chitosan has a wide range of properties that make it a highly interesting area in various fields.
- It is biocompatible. This product does not have any ati genic behavior.
- It is biodegradable
- It shows anti thrombotic prevents blood clots and hemostatic maintain internal equilibrium properties.
- It is a cholesterol-lowering product
- It has remarkable healing activity
- As all polysaccharides, it is a great moisturizing agent due to water retention capacity
- It is immunological and anti-tumor properties
- Chitosan can inhibit the development of several parasites and germs
- It is effective against mold and yeast
- It is a fat burner
Now let us see how chitosan is used medicine to take care of low platelet count which causes fatigue. Low platelet by themselves do not cause fatigue/depression but having low platelets may be the manifestation of deeper medical problems like autoimmune problems, hematological problems, lymphomas anemia, and deficiencies.
There are generally 3 – 4 reasons due to low platelet count.
1) Decreased platelet production: bone marrow issues like hematological issues, malignancy, pancytopenia, and aplastic anemia, deficiencies of Vitamins like B12 and folic acid. thyroid disorders, bone marrow infiltration by the malignant process.
2) Increased consumption: Disseminated Intravascular coagulation TTP
3) Increased destruction: Autoimmune processes like lupus drugs like NSAIDs, antibiotics, and antiplatelet drugs
4) Sequestration: Large spleen like in cirrhosis
So you can see from the list that just low platelet is not the cause of being lethargic. You may have to look deeper for the reason why you have low platelets
The questions you need to ask your self are:
1. Age nutrition
2. Are you on any medications
3. Do you have any other medical conditions
4. Fever joint aches and pains rashes and shortness of breath
This is just to give you a general idea and framework to have a better and more elaborate discussion with your doctor. You will need to be examined by your doctor.
You may need to do further blood tests looking at the white cell count and hemoglobin levels, iron, and B12 folate studies possible cell markers bone marrow biopsy.
Low platelet count is a medical condition called thrombocytopenia. Platelets or thrombocytes are colorless blood cells that help blood clot. Platelets stop bleeding by clumping and forming plugs in the blood vessel injuries. In many instances, thrombocytopenia may have no symptoms. However, in some cases, the low platelet count can cause.
Superficial bleeding: into the skin resulting in a small reddish spot called petechiae
- Easy excessive bruising
- Prolonged bleeding cuts
- Spontaneous bleeding from gum and nose
- Heavy menstrual bleeding that’s unusual for individual
- Blood in urine or stools
- Enlarged spleen
The treatment of thrombocytopenia largely depends upon the cause, and severity of the condition. While thrombocytopenia can be a cause of fatigue, you should look into your medication also. Perhaps they are the most common cause of symptoms like depression. In either case, it is best to talk to your doctor about the treatment plan and how it is affecting you.
Let me give you an example as the answer is purely anecdotal. When my patients suffering from cancer had low platelet count he would be very lethargic. Immediately after he was given platelets his energy levels would rise. Over the last several years there have been frequent donors and without question, they feel lethargic after every donation of platelets .the feeling doe not prevent them from donating platelets as it is a noble cause. You should not overburden yourself during those days of donation of platelets like exercise and Low platelets cause fatigue along with vitamin b 12 deficiency which can cause depression as well along with lower energy levels. Vitamin b 12 increased red blood cell production which in turn increases the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood to all the organs of the body.
When red blood cell production is less due to vitamin B12 deficiency, the organs don’t get enough oxygen and nutrients through the blood leading to depreciation of the energy and causing lower energy levels and fatigue. It is a fact especially in females and younger women for having low platelet count and low oxygen-carrying capacity in the blood because they bleed just enough to low the iron content. No iron and low platelets make younger females miserable. And the only way to get this iron to fill up is taking care of nutrition and taking chitosan capsules for low platelet count. Low platelet count is usually a rare disease and a bad one that could depress anyone in the long run.