- Only God could make the liver
- There are six fundamental things which tend to damage the liver:
- 1 – Overeating
- 2 – Eating and drinking the wrong things
- 3 – A low protein, high carbohydrate, and fat diet
- 5 – Take medicinal drugs. Select from over-the-counter items or those which are prescribed.
- 6 – Associate closely with insecticides, preservatives, and other cumulative poisons.
CARING FOR YOUR LIVER
There are few organs in your body as vital as the liver It not only is the largest organ, it also performs more different functions than any other organ in your body This article will explain how to improve liver function
Only God could make the liver
That relatively small structure (it only weighs four pounds) does literally thousands of different things; all of them are quite complicated, involving complex chemical changes. The liver is truly a special gift from God.
There are six fundamental things which tend to damage the liver:
1 – Overeating
This is an excellent way to ruin your liver. Just eat all you want, and you will wear it out.
2 – Eating and drinking the wrong things
Here are some of those items which your liver does not wish to face: refined white flour products, processed foods, junk foods, white sugar products, imitation foods. Beware of potato chips and corn chips.
What is an imitation food? It is a food made to appear like the original, yet which has been stripped of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and most everything else that might be worthwhile while carbohydrates, sugar, fats, protein, synthetic colors, flavors, and odors are there to give the appearance and taste of real food.
3 – A low protein, high carbohydrate, and fat diet
To make it even worse, make sure it is full of saturated or hydrogenated fats. All kinds of snacks in the stores consist of this. Fried foods may be a devilish delight, but they only add to the eventual misery.
4 – Take the specialty food poisons: alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, theobromine, and hard drugs.
5 – Take medicinal drugs. Select from over-the-counter items or those which are prescribed.
They will provide you with a real witch’s brew of physical horror, much of it not known and realized until later. With hardly an exception, medicinal drugs are poisons. The liver has to work overtime in order to try to excrete these dangerous chemicals.
Some substances which are called “drugs,” such as charcoal, are not drugs. They are natural substances which help your body. It is true there are some poisonous herbs, but these will be readily found in the drugstore. The rest, found in the meadow and forest, are for the healing of the nations.
6 – Associate closely with insecticides, preservatives, and other cumulative poisons.
Some poisons directly damage the liver (alcohol, oral contraceptives, caffeine, etc.); others damage organs which the liver relies on for help (the pancreas, kidneys, etc.).
Here are some dietary suggestions:
- Do not use nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, fish, fowl, meat, salt, soft drinks, sugary foods, tea, or fried foods.
- Avoid foods which tend to constipate. When there is a backup in the large colon, toxins are reabsorbed into the system, and the liver labors to eliminate them.
- Make sure you obtain foods high in potassium. This includes rice, bananas, blackstrap molasses, wheat bran, almonds, seeds, kelp and dulse, brewer’s yeast, prunes, and raisins.
- Drink lots of water; and, if at all possible, drink only pure water. Drink a little every hour.
- Emphasize raw foods in your diet.
- Drink fresh vegetable juices, especially carrot and beet.
- Only eat raw nuts and seeds. They must be fresh and not stale!
- Use only cold-pressed vegetable oils,—and no other type of oils and no grease (margarine, butter, shortening, or meat fat).
- Vitamin K is important, to help prevent cirrhosis of the liver.
- Do not take too much vitamin A. For the same reason, do not eat fish more than twice a
- week. Avoid cod liver oil. Better yet, stop eating fish. Meat eating is also harmful to the liver. Anyone taking over 50,000 IU of vitamin A for over a year should either reduce intake or switch to natural beta-carotene, which is safe.
- Do not drink milk or eat pastries, stimulants, white rice, black or white pepper, fried or fatty foods, cheese, and refined or processed foods.
- Never eat raw or undercooked fish, meat, or poultry. There is a serious risk of infection from doing this. Meat eating is a major source of bacteria parasites, viruses, and various malignancies.
- When taking supplements, either chew them up well or take them with a glassful of water.
- Use celandine and silymarin (which is milk thistle extract) every day to help maintain good liver function. But do not use celandine during pregnancy.
- The lemon and the liver are sweethearts. The lemon is one of the best friends that the liver has.
- Coenzyme Q10 helps supply oxygen to the liver.
- Lecithin helps prevent fatty buildup in the liver.
- In addition to taking care of your liver, treat your kidneys well also. Poor kidney function results in damage to the liver. Drink water!
- Do not use harsh laxatives. But do keep the colon clean.
- Take no drugs if you want your future years to be happy ones.
Be good to your liver, and it will help you in years to come. It is a well-known fact, among natural healers, that, if the liver is all right, cancer can be eliminated. But if the liver is too far degenerated, the hoped-for solution may not be achieved.