How to stay fit without a gym

0
How to stay fit without a gym

How to Stay Fit when you live Far From a Gym

Staying fit is beneficial as it keeps you energetic and healthy.

There are so many reasons people give for not staying fit like they don’t have time, they don’t live close to the gym, they are tired, the excuses go on and on.

Also, most people wrongly believe that going to the gym is the only way one can stay fit. Having that type of mindset is wrong as it prevents you from exploring a whole lot of options because even in the past centuries mankind didn’t have gyms but was able to stay fit.

In this post, we would be looking at several strategies you can use to stay fit even when you can’t go to the gym.

1. Eating Healthy

When one has decided to commit to fitness, the first thing to do is to start eating healthy. A trainer once correctly said that training is 30% or keeping fit, the remaining 70% is dependent on what you eat.

Increasing food high in protein such as salmon and chicken can be helpful. Also, having appropriate meal timings is important as what you eat is as important as when you eat.

2. Yoga

The best part of Yoga is that it can be done in the comfort of your home. Yoga is famously known for improving breathing and strengthening muscles, also it helps with balance and flexibility. There are different types of yoga classes you just need to find out what class is suitable since yoga Classes are now available in DVD and online.

3. Hiking

Hiking is a very pleasant way of keeping fit without even keeping tabs when doing it because hiking is usually done with friends and loved ones. It is so passive that you don’t keep track of time and instead have fun exploring nature.

4. Jump Rope

Jumping ropes work out your upper and lower body and just 10 minutes of this is considered as running a mile. The benefits of jump ropes are tremendous that it hits fat loss, endurance and strength training at the same time. This is perfect because it is portable and versatile.

5. Fitness App/DVD

Home workouts using an app or DVD are so convenient and can be done at your pace. There are variations to choose from which could range from Cardio, Pilates & Aerobics of which all can be done in the comfort of your home.

6. Home equipment

Having a mini home gym can be very convenient and draw up the genuine motivation for you to workout. Exercise Equipment like stationary bikes, treadmills, barbells, and dumbbells can be purchased to recreate the gym atmosphere in your home. For example, recumbent bikes can help you provide a comfortable, low-impact workout without going to the gym.

7. Dancing

Dancing! Who doesn’t love to dance? Having a group dance like Zumba with friends is pretty much awesome as you listen to great music and burn calories without even realizing it. Other dance routines are samba, advanced ballet, and cardio groove.

8. Jogging/ Running

Running is a low impact cardiovascular exercise that is good for fat burning and it helps with muscle maintenance and weight loss. So, around 30 minutes a day set aside for jogging or running (moderate or high intensity) helps you stay fit.

9. Martial Art

Martial Art provides an outlet to release excess energy, meanwhile teaching you self-defense, balance, agility and mental strength. Taking up a Martial Art Class is another great way to socialize and share a dedication to an art.

10. Playing a sport

Playing a sport like a football, volleyball, hockey, and basketball helps to teach you to function as part of a team, keep an active lifestyle, manage time, reduce stress levels, and stay fit.

Now that we have discussed 10 different ways you can stay fit despite not going to the gym, let’s look at some of the advantages of using these alternatives.

Advantages of not going to the gym

  1. It is relatively expensive sometimes because when a gym membership is paid about 40% of the people don’t follow through.
  2. It could lead to serious injury when you don’t know how to use the equipment in the gym.
  3. Addiction yes, going to the gym can become addicting especially if you are a regular goer and stop suddenly. This sudden stop of gym visits can cause depression, guilt, and sleeplessness.
  4. It can sometimes be a distance, so you may save money spent on transportation. You’ll also need to prepare and take showers before you can work out.
  5. Some of the facilities might not always be available due to the presence of many people in the gym.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here