Each girl tries to take care of her skin and maintain elasticity, tone, cleanliness, and freshness. What are the best tools to help deal with various kinds of problems? Uneven, gray skin tone, fatigue, facial wrinkles, all this throws us off balance and makes us leave thoughts of a party, a date, and much more in the closet.
What to do? A Dermatologist in Islamabad can help with all these things. Faced with this problem, cosmetology has developed a line of products – exfoliants. Let’s take a look at what a cleanser and exfoliator are.
What are Exfoliators?
Exfoliation is a deep cleansing of the skin. As you know, there are different types of exfoliation. Mechanical is done with the help of scrubs with abrasive particles and chemicals with the help of acids, enzymes, and retinol by a Dermatologist in Islamabad.
Exfoliants are designed to remove dead skin cells, blackheads, and whiteheads. There are two types in total.
The texture is cream or gel with the addition of various particles: coffee and apricot kernels. These particles are gentle on healthy skin and gently exfoliate dead cells for a healthy glow. Thus, this peeling allows the skin to renew itself and produce new cells. The composition of the gels may include oatmeal, coconut flakes, and algae. Blood circulation improves, and the skin acquires a healthy tone.
When using this remedy, the skin is treated with certain acids. As a rule, there are two types: alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids. Suppose we consider the whole process of the procedure and the effect after applying the serum, a controlled burn of the upper stratum corneum of the dermis forms on the skin. Thus, the lipid bonds of dead cells begin to break down, on top of which new, healthy ones are formed.
Laser and ultrasonic
These work by affecting the deep layers of the skin. They should be done only in the salon, under the supervision of a cosmetologist.
How do exfoliants work on the skin?
Mechanical exfoliant implies the effect of the scrub on the upper epidermis. But you need to understand that the particles damage and leave scratches on dead and healthy cells.
In chemical exfoliation, skin exposure to acids like fruit, salicylic, and glycolic. This option of exfoliation does not affect healthy cells, eliminates scars, and promotes rapid renewal.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of mechanical exfoliation are:
- No recovery period is required, unlike acids.
- After mechanical exfoliation, you can not be afraid of the sun. After all, such exfoliation does not increase photosensitivity.
- For me, this is a nice spa ritual.
People choose chemical exfoliation with enzymes, acids, and retinol because:
- Chemical exfoliation is more even, and a scrub abrasive cannot treat all areas of the skin equally.
- There is no risk of mechanical damage chemicals do not scratch
- It can be used in products for regular use with a gradual, cumulative effect.
What Precautions Must be Taken?
- After any peeling, beware of direct sunlight; the skin after treatment is sensitive and can easily get burned, which can cause age spots.
- If there are inflammatory processes on the skin now, there is eczema or herpes in this case, any peeling can be harmful, and its use should be postponed until complete recovery.
- No peeling should affect the area of the skin around the eyes. There are practically no sebaceous glands; the skin is very delicate and easy to damage.
- Any peeling is not recommended to be done more than twice a week.
- Suppose you are unwell and are taking any medications; keep in mind that chemical peeling can give a non-standard reaction in combination with medications. In that case, it is better to study the composition and contraindications and consult a doctor.
Which method is better?
Exfoliating chemical exfoliants are generally considered safer than manual exfoliants because no abrasive scrubbing is required, making them much less likely to injure your skin. Though they promise quick results, products marked as “one-time” peelings often have a much higher concentration of acid (20-30%). To avoid the risk of chemical burns, go through them with a dermatologist.
You can get a procedure with a Dermatologist in Islamabad by making an appointment at a renowned clinic. During the consultation, you will be selected the peeling that can provide you with the desired results.