What is your nighttime skincare routine? Just to cleanse the face and apply your regular moisturizer.
Right? But do you know that during night time our skin renews on its own and sheds the dead skin cells? What if we infuse the essential nutrients right at that time? Our regular moisturizers do not contain enough nutrients.
Hence we need intensive nourishment therapy for our skin at night which would not only give necessary nutrients to our skin but also takes care of skin issues such as dry skin, fine lines, and even blemishes. Hence we are asked to use night creams.
Night creams are generally rich and heavy in texture which helps to heal the roughness and dryness of the skin and keep it glowing. We have many options to choose from for night creams but we can make it at home as well? How
6 Amazing Recipes Of Exotic Homemade Night Creams To Wake Up Beautiful
1. Apple And Olive Oil Night Cream:
This night cream can be used by sensitive skin beauties. We all understand the issues faced by sensitive skin such as redness and rashes. Hence they need to choose the skincare products very carefully.
Natural products are always best for sensitive skin as they do not cause any side effects. Prepare this night cream with
- Paste of One Apple,
- One teaspoon of Olive Oil and
- Two teaspoons of Rosewater.
- Store it in a clean container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Use it every night to get radiant and rejuvenated skin.
2. Lavender Oil And Aloe Vera Night Cream:
If you have acne and acne scars then this night cream would come to rescue you. The base is aloe vera gel. You can it from fresh aloe vera stem or you can also use the store-bought ones.
- Take Two tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel,
- One teaspoon of Lavender Oil
- one teaspoon of Primrose oil.
- Blend it to get a smooth texture.
- Keep this night cream in the refrigerator to store it longer.
3. Beeswax And Olive Oil Night Cream:
This night cream is for oily skin. Consistent usage of this night cream would help to control the oily shine on the face and smooth it out.
- Half a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Three tablespoons of Beeswax.
- Put these ingredients in a bowl and keep it in the microwave to heat.
- Once melts take it out and store it in the airtight jar.
- Your night cream is ready.
4. Glycerin And Almond Oil Night Cream:
Have dry and rough skin? Then this night cream is beneficial for you. It would help to heal the dry skin cells and keep your skin plump. Since it has a liquid texture you can store it in the refrigerator to avoid mess.
- Take two tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil,
- One Tablespoon of Coconut Oil,
- One Teaspoon of Glycerin and One teaspoon of Rosewater.
- Put all the ingredients in a double boiler and heat it for some time.
- Pour it into the container and store it in the fridge.
5. Milk Cream And Olive Oil Night Cream:
This night cream is suitable for very dry skin.
- Take Two tablespoons of Milk Cream,
- One Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- One teaspoon of Rosewater, and One Teaspoon of Glycerin.
- Make a smooth cream by blending all the ingredients.
- Apply this night cream on your face before you go to the bed.
6. Cocoa Butter And Coconut Oil Night Cream:
Got age spots and fine lines on your face? Try this night cream.
- Blend Two tablespoons of Cocoa Butter,
- One tablespoon of Coconut oil and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Keep it in the microwave to melt. Once done transfer to the clean jar to store.
- Spread it on your face every night and massage it till it gets absorbed.
All You Need to Know About Choosing Night Creams
Skincare is a necessary part of your beauty regime, one to be followed meticulously regardless of age. Skincare goes a lot beyond the best face creams and moisturizers. It doesn’t have to stop when you’re asleep. Night creams help rejuvenate your skin making it fresh and healthy the next day. Here are some ways to check which night cream suits you best.
Creams Vs Serums Vs Lotions
Lotions are often very oily and not suitable for the face. Serums, on the other hand, target the cells and hence don’t deliver overall surface moisture. With night creams you get the best of both serums and lotions.
These new generation creams are oil-free, light, and are absorbed easily by your skin. But don’t just invest in any brand you come across. Before you buy a night cream, you should be clear about your skin type and the ingredients used in the cream, to prevent the risk of rashes and allergies.
The best night cream for daily use currently trending on the market brings together the power of 5 peptides (lifting, anti-gravity, retinoic-like, preservative, and relaxing) to brighten and fortify all skin types.
Choose According To Your Age
Aging, according to experts, can be of two types – intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic aging is when your skin ages naturally and cannot be reversed (although you can slow it down).
Extrinsic aging is caused by external factors like chemicals, sunlight, pollutants, and certain cosmetics. Some simple yet effective lifestyle changes can cause a significant improvement in reducing extrinsic aging.
Eat healthily, drink lots of water, exercise, and of course, follow a good skincare routine – and you’re sorted. While day creams, BB creams, and sunscreens shield the skin from harsh environmental factors, night creams aim at rejuvenating the damaged skin cells.
Their gel-like consistency forms a layer on the skin surface, leaving it soft and silky in the morning. It completes your skin care regimen and is suitable for daily use.
Matching Creams With Skin Type
Skin type plays a major role in determining the kind of night cream you buy. You don’t want to end up with acne or spots now do you? Here are some common skin types and their primary features to give you an idea as to which cream would suit you.
People with sensitive skin are usually apprehensive about trying out new brands and rightly so. You can get rashes, blemishes, boils, or skin allergies if an ingredient doesn’t suit you.
Therefore, we recommend night creams that have natural or organic ingredients for people with sensitive skin. There are a lot of brands that specialize in creams for sensitive skin types, opt for those.
Read through the ingredients at the back of the product carefully though, and don’t hesitate to consult your dermatologist in case something goes wrong.
Dry skin can be really annoying, especially during winters. Chapping, chafing, white spots, and discoloration are a few of the issues you deal with daily.
For dry skin, we recommend you opt for creams that contain humectants, like the program, hyaluronic acid, tremella extract, AHA’s, and sodium PCA.
These ingredients help retain moisture, preventing dryness. You can also pick products that contain mineral oils, shea butter, or lanolin as they too keep the skin hydrated and healthy. Also, people with dry skin should meticulously apply night creams regularly to balance the moisture levels and restore their glowing complexion.
Oily skin, on the other hand, is a difficult skin type to deal with during the summers. However, unlike dry skin, oily skin doesn’t dull your skin tone but brightens it instead.
Unfortunately, the high oil levels also mean you are more prone to blemishes and acne sprouts throughout the year. If you have oily skin, the trick is to keep your skin surface as clean and dry as possible.
Also, chose your cosmetics carefully. We recommend you go for creams that contain ingredients like salicylic acid and retinol, which can help to control sebum levels.
Sebum levels are inactivated by sunlight, you can wear it to sleep. We also suggest you opt for creams that have a light, non-comedogenic texture so that they don’t block the pores and allow your skin to breathe.
Normal skin or combination skin is the most common skin type found. People with normal skin aren’t troubled by excessive dryness or oiliness and hence require no specialized product. However, that doesn’t mean you can apply any random night cream.
If you want to tame those wrinkles and fine lines, we recommend you opt for creams that have hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid balances the pH levels of the skin, keeps it moisturized, and also reduces aging. Anti-aging creams also contain ingredients like retinol and Vitamin C.
Check and Understand The Ingredients
The sole difference between night creams and day creams is that the former doesn’t have UV protection or sunscreen ingredients in them. Products with SPF and zinc oxide sheath your skin from the harmful sun rays, and hence are not required in night creams which are used as daily moisturizing creams for your skin.
Look for components like program Serrata, Andrographis, coffee bean extract licorice, Centella Asiatica, coleus forskolin, vitamins like E and C, horse chestnut, oils, and other antioxidants to name a few.
Also, avoid creams that have synthetic fragrances and colorants as they might cause irritation and dryness. Trending Products
- Avoid night creams that have alcohol in it
- Check if the cream has amino acids, collagens, and peptides for the anti-aging effect.
- Chose a light textured night cream irrespective of your skin type
- Apply the night cream all over the face in a clockwise motion to avoid wrinkles
- Also, refrain from applying the cream over eyelids and the eye contour area to avoid swelling
The Bottom Line
You don’t always have to invest in expensive cosmetic products to get fabulous skin. Sometimes massaging your face with a basic night cream does the trick. Choosing the right brand is crucial for your skin.
First-time users may find it a bit overwhelming to pick a brand from hundreds out there. That’s where we come to help