Natural treatment for oily scalp and dry hair
Excess amounts of oil in the hair. Redheads rarely have oily hair; blondes tend to have it the most often
The sebaceous glands produce too much oil, and there are nutritional aspects which need to be corrected. There are as many as 140,000 oil glands on the scalp. Oil wicks into fine, straight hair the easiest. Wiry hair tends to be the least oily
Oil production tends to be increased by intense heat and humidity. Hormonal changes and stress can also affect it.
Home Remedies for oily hair
- Many of the nutritional suggestions in “Dandruff” should be considered.
- Only use clear shampoos; they have fewer oils in them.
- Give yourself a double shampoo, with a rinse in between. After shampooing, feel your hair; does it feel oily? This will help you know how well you are doing.
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a pint of water and use it as a finishing rinse. This helps remove soap residues which tend to weigh down the hair. Or use an apple cider vinegar rinse.
- Do not over brush, for this carries additional oil from the roots into the hair.