Nausea is an unpleasant feeling that you are about to vomit It is often accompanied by excess salivation and sometimes stomach cramping
Some diseases and conditions can cause nausea, including food poisoning (and other bacterial infections), viral infections, overeating or overdrinking, gallstones, pancreatitis, and cancer It can also occur because of motion sickness, headache, or pregnancy
There are some very powerful home remedies for nausea and vomiting
Sometimes unpleasant smells or tastes, and even emotional anxiety, can bring on nausea. In addition to those herbs listed below, other beneficial herbs to relieve nausea include bayberry, bee balm, chaparral, horehound, and Oregon grape.
These are great herbs to make home remedies for nausea and vomiting.
Home Remedies for Nausea and vomiting
- One of the useful home remedies for nausea is consuming one to two tbsp of any non-carbonated syrup. This brings relief to the digestive system and so helps in nausea. These syrups have carbohydrates that help cooling down the stomach.
- Another one of the good home remedies for nausea is ginger and its root. You can either go for two capsules of ginger or can go for the tea containing enough ginger in it. The ginger can increase the digestive fire according to Ayurveda. It also blocks up unnecessary secretion in the stomach that irritate the esophagus producing nausea.
- A simple remedy that has been used since years is. Don’t let the vomitus inside your stomach. You can put your washed fingers deep into the mouth and vomit the stomach content once.
- Put some cloves into your mouth. You can also put cinnamon or cardamom instead of cloves. These spices serve the duty of anti-nausea drugs.
- Put a little piece of lemon with little rock salt added to it. This will cease your feeling of nausea. This is one of the simple home remedies for nausea.
- Certain drugs like slippery elm, red raspberry, etc. also help to reduce nausea. These are natural remedies for nausea.
- Another one of the good home remedies for nausea is apple cider vinegar. This is extremely useful, especially for the pregnant lady. One can take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 tbsp of honey. Dilute this mixture with normal water and have it before you go to bed.
- Wheat germ is also the favorable home remedy for nausea. For this, one can go for few tsp of wheat germ mixed with milk hourly. This will help you in nausea and also in morning sickness.
- Treating nausea with rice water is time tested and trusted natural cure for nausea. One can boil ½ cup of rice in 1 to 1 ½ cup of water. When her rice is cooked, remove them and drink the residual water. This ceases nausea. This is also one of the best home remedies for nausea.
- Cumin seeds are also considered to be the best home remedy for nausea. Consume half tsp of grounded cumin seeds. This will help you to get rid of nausea.
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root 1 teaApoon yerba mama root 1 teaspoon peppermint leaves
- 2 cups boiling water
- Combine the above herbs in a nonmetallic container and cover with the boiling water; steep for 3o minutes; cool and strain. Take as needed, a tablespoon at a time up to two cups a day.
Nausea tea **
- 1 teaspoon catnip leaves
- 1 teaspoon chamomile flowers cup boiling water
- Combine the above ingredients in a nonmetallic container and cover with the boiling water; steep for 1o to 3o minutes; cool and strain. Take as needed.
- Cayenne-Capsicum frutescent
- Anti-inflammatory; relieves nausea, vomiting, gas, indigestion.
- Promotes digestion, warms the stomach and stimulate test appetite.
- Do not use in acute stages of inflammatory gastric this or stomach ulcer.
- Chamomile-Matricaria Recutita
- Tranquilizing effects with action similar to drugs like Halcion, Valium.
- Reduces effects of stress-induced chemicals in the e-brain, while prompt-
Ing healthy adrenal hormones (e.g. cortisol). Relieves pain, spasms.
- Also aids digestion, cramping, back pain. Promotes restful sleep.
- Cinnamon-Cinnamomum ze Landi cum
- Relieves nausea, vomiting. Treats gastroenteritis, stomach flu, diarrhea.
- Antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal; expels gas, reduces spasms.
- Warming, astringent and stimulating to the digestion, reduces mucus.
- Cloves-Eugenia caryophyllene
- Relieves nausea, prevents vomiting. Reduces gastrointestinal spasms.
- Expels gas, bloating; antibacterial and antiviral eliminate parasites.
- A few drops of the oil or infusion may be taken f or quick nausea relief.
Author: Dr. Izharul Hasan
Also, Read Home remedies for a sore throat