Kidney health and Causes
In addition to other conditions mentioned in this section on the kidneys, there are less known diseases which can be just as serious.
Renal tubular acidosis:
The kidneys fail to reabsorb bicarbonate properly, resulting in inadequate ammonia production and acid excretion. This leads to a severe lack of fluid and potassium in the body and an excess of acidity. The bones can become deranged.
The kidneys and bladder become filled with urine, due to obstruction of the flow.
This is an inflammation of the tiny kidney filtering units, sometimes resulting from a bacterial infection in the body.
A toxic waste buildup in the blood, due to kidney malfunction.
In all of these conditions, a basic need is to cleanse the kidneys, increase urine flow, and restore proper function.
Home remedies for Kidney health problems
- Eat 75% raw foods, including garlic, parsley, potatoes, celery, cucumbers, and bananas. Green vegetables are especially important.
- Stop eating meat. An excess of protein is part of your problem; and meat also has a variety of waste products, plus bacteria, purines, and uric acid.
- Avoid dairy products, except yogurt. Do not eat chocolate or cocoa.
- Drink 6-8 ounces of distilled water every hour.
- Watermelon and pumpkin seeds seem to help the kidneys, although the reason is not known.
- Corn-silk tea is the best single herb for increasing urine flow and restoring the kidneys. Watermelon-seed tea and celery and parsley seeds are also diuretics in function.
- Cranberries help acidify the urine, destroy bacteria, and restore the bladder.
- Do not eat much potassium or phosphorous. For this reason, avoid beet greens, spinach, rhubarb, and Swiss chard.
- Lead, other metals, the pain relieving drugs (Advil, Nuprin, etc.), and infectious diseases (scarlet fever, measles, etc.) can damage the kidneys. Spirulina is known to reduce kidney poisoning that is caused by mercury and drugs.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Beetroot juice helps kidney health.
also, check out this article