Jock itch, medically known as tinea cruris, is a fungal infection
Causes of Jock Itch
Jock itch affects both men and women and commonly occurs on the groin, buttocks, genital area and inner thighs. However, it is more common in men
- The person shares clothes with others
- The person shares workout towels or clothes with someone
- The person comes indirectly contact with another person
- Using same clothes every day without washing
- Patients with Diabetes cancer and other chronic diseases are prone to jock itch
Symptoms of Jock Itch
Some of the symptoms of jock itch are itching, redness, a burning sensation, and flaking skin.
Fortunately, various natural home remedies can be used along with standard anti-fungal medications to get relief in JockItch
NaturalHome Remedies for Jock Itch
- Make a paste of two teaspoons of honey and some minced garlic.
- Apply it on the infected skin
- leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off.
- This may cause a stinging sensation, but it will soon stop and you will feel relief from the itchiness and inflammation.
- Repeat once daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Along with home remedies, personal hygiene is very important.
Please follow these additional tips:
• Change clothes and undergarments every day.
• Wear loose cotton clothing.
• Treat any other fungal infections going on, like Athlete’s foot
• Practice good hygiene.
• Regular hand-washing.
• Keep your skin clean and dry, especially the area around your groin.
• Wash the area regularly with soap and dry the area thoroughly after bathing.
• Applying baby powder around the groin can also be helpful for preventing excess moisture.
• Make sure you wash any workout clothes or athletic supporters after each use.
Home Remedies for Jock Itch is brought to you by Hakim Suleman Khan
Also, Read Home Remedies For body Itching All Over