What are dandruff and dry hair?
Dry hair can be caused by harsh weather, genes, or poor hair care. With proper moisturizing,
the dryness of the hair can be minimized, and shine and health and can be restored. A healthy lifestyle with a proper diet is an amazing way to healthy and beautiful hair, unfortunately, our fast-paced life generally doesn’t allow us to follow it. following Home remedies & tips might just do the trick for you.
Causes of dandruff
Dandruff happens due to dry skin
Many people are having dry skin and dry skin is more prone to have dandruff. It is also seen that cold weather air also causes itchy and flaking skin. It happens when the skin usually gets drier than usual.
Not maintain the hair care properly
When you maintain your hair properly then dandruff doesn’t happen. Dandruff happens when you brush your hair improperly and not cleans the comb then overtime you will experience dandruff. Whenever you comb your hair then you are removing the dead cells from the hair. Not proper combing for a certain period of time eventually develops dandruff and increases the dead skin cells on the scalp.
Not doing shampoo
Not doing shampooing properly increase the dead skin cells and accumulate oil on the scalp and causes dandruff.
Stress is the reason behind hair loss and it’s seen that being constantly stressed increase the chances of skin problem. Many researchers believe that the high level of stress creates problems in the immune system which normally affects the physical and mental balance. The development of dandruff starts from here.
There are cases where the dandruff is itchy, it happens where the stress can “perpetuate an itch-scratch cycle” i.e. when any person scratches at their scalp, the itching becomes more. And many other complications face social and self-esteem problems.
Certain diseases like heart diseases, Parkinson’s disease, and poor immunity are the causes behind the development of dandruff.
Yeast is a fungus that is present in the atmosphere. Some people face years of allergy and this is the known problem for dandruff.
When you are exposed to a certain type of things like soap, jewelry, cosmetic products, fragrances, etc. Then this can develop dandruff and increase the reaction on the scalp. Sometimes people who use sprays and gel on the hair suffer from dandruff. This happens when the skin is sensitive and many harsh chemicals are there which increases the problem.
Diet is also the reason behind dandruff as it increases the chances of poor immunity in the body. Consuming enough foods that contain nutrients like zinc, B vitamins, and proteins.
Hair Care Tips home remedies for oily hair and itchy scalp
How to make homemade Hair Spray
- Take 1 lemon.
- Put in a pot with two cups of water.
- Boil until half of the amount remains.
- Let it cool, strain, and keep in a spray bottle.
- Then Keep it in the refrigerator.
- If it is too sticky, add some more water.
- Add a small amount of alcohol as a preservative and then the spray can be stored for up to two 15 days unrefrigerated.
How to make a homemade Hair Cocktail:
- For immediate shine:
- Take two eggs in a bowl mixed with 1 cup of cow milk and apply to your hair.
- Leave on for five minutes, rinse and you will see a shine instantly.
Dissolve two aspirins in your dandruff shampoo and watch how it clears up. Use a good moisturizing conditioner afterward.
How to make homemade shampoo for greasy hair
- Use face powder.
- Put a little at the root of your hair before straying.
- If it is a serious problem, but the powder on heavily for 15 minutes wash completely, condition lightly, and style.
- Sweet shine: Honey applied in a small amount while washing the hair will give you a great shine.
How to make homemade shampoo for Dry Hair
For dry hair, increase the intake of polyunsaturated oils such as sunflower oil, margarine and eat food rich in Vitamin B like pulses, brown rice, bananas, etc
- Do not eat Salty foods.
- Mayonnaise is thick and creamy, contains eggs, and supplies proteins to the hair.
- Applying mayonnaise to the hair and leaving it on for 30 minutes to an hour can deeply moisturize them and leave them feeling soft and silky.
- Rinse afterward.
- Chamomile also has conditioning properties that work just fine for the hair.
- You can even make a chamomile shampoo for yourself at home.
- To make a chamomile shampoo, take 3 tbsp. of chamomile flowers.
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour it over the chamomile flowers.
- Let it sit for half an hour, then remove the flowers and add 1/4th cup of soap flakes to the water.
- Use it as you would normally use a shampoo and enjoy moisturized and healthy hair.
White Oak Bark
White Oak Bark is perhaps the best remedy for dry hair, but the preparation is a bit complicated
To make white oak bark shampoo,
- Add 2 tbsp. of white oak bark to a cup of water and bring
it to a boil.
- Then reduce the flame and allow it to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the white oak bark from the water, and add soap flakes into it.
- Then add a beaten egg, a tbsp. of honey, and 3 tbsp. of herbal soap into it.
- Mix the components well till the mixture turns into a fine shampoo.
- Use it as a shampoo but wash hair after using it with an apple
How to make homemade shampoo for Oily Hair
- Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel and shampoo, plus a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Eat lots of green leafy vegetables, salads, and fresh fruit.
- Avoid fried and greasy foods.
- Avoid eating Red meat.
Home remedy for Falling Hair
- Take 10-15 leaves of the large Ber fruit.
- Burn them in mustard oil, make a paste and apply on your hair for 1 hour and then wash it.
- This remedy surely works and prevents hair loss for almost everyone.
Practice good hygiene
Regular Shampooing can reduce oil in the hair, plus will help with dandruff symptoms. While you are shampooing, do not try to scratch your scalp. The itchiness is caused by irritation from dandruff, Scratching increases irritation, and sometimes leads to a vicious cycle. Avoid using too many products in your hair, It can irritate the scalp, and lead to more itchiness.
Healthy Hair Tips
- Avoid sleeping in a tight braid or ponytail.
- Never brush when the hair is wet.
- always let your hair dry naturally then use an electric hairdryer.
- These practices can cause hair breakage or loss of hair over time.
How to prevent oily hairs?
Useful Research Links