Home remedies for itchy scalp and products treatment
Symptoms of dandruff and itchy scalp
The greatest number of sebaceous (oil) glands are found on the face and scalp. Sebum, the oily secretion, lubricates the hair and scalp in order to keep both soft and pliable. Excess sebum may collect to form dandruff.
Dandruff is a covering of dead skin that prevents new hair from growing because it cannot break through the dead skin. A scaling or flaking of scalp cells results. It may or may not be accompanied by itching.
Causes of dandruff and itchy scalp
A change in the surface cells of the scalp results in a scaling or flaking. This change is especially keyed to nutritional deficiencies. It often occurs in those with oily skin who are prone to develop superficial, acute, and chronic bacterial skin conditions.
There is generally excess secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands. It is this oil which binds the cells together on the scalp. Nutritional deficiencies can cause these abnormal secretions.
Home remedies for dandruff and itchy scalp
- Often there are severe B complex deficiencies, a lack of essential unsaturated fatty acids, and zinc.
- Cut out excess fats, grease, and all fried foods from the diet. Stop the use of alcohol. Check to see if you have food allergies (wheat, dairy products, citrus, or something else). Avoid stress and poor elimination. Do not use strong, irritant shampoos or hair treatments. Avoid chocolate, sugar, white flour, and seafood.
- To help control appearance, cleanse with a shampoo, designed to help control dandruff. Wash the hair in vinegar, to remove all the loose scales.
- Be sure the diet includes flaxseed oil, vitamins E and A, PABA, Folic acid, B6, and zinc.
If needed, take digestive enzymes. Also helpful are kelp, biotin, and lecithin. Eat 50-75% raw food.
- A short fast is a good way to begin the program. Then begin eating only nutritious foods.
- Anti-microbial shampoos are often recommended, but there is no evidence that this germ-killing factor lessens dandruff.
- Get a detergent, such as Shaklee Basic H or Amway LOC (but not their corresponding shampoos). Dilute (1 tbsp. to 1 cup water), and shampoo twice a week with it. This frequently helps.
- Shampoos containing selenium sulfide can cause eye damage and hair loss.
- Plain water alone is also good.
- Pour warmed vinegar over the head, wrap in a towel, and wash off 30 minutes later.
- Do not put tar-based shampoos on your head if you have blonde hair; it will turn the hair brown.
- Keep calm and relaxed. It will help your hair.
- A little sunlight is good for your scalp and hair.
you may also check out Home remedies for oily dry hair