Constipation is a common disturbance of the digestive tract. In this condition, the bowels do not move regularly, or are not completely emptied when they move
This condition is the chief cause of many diseases as it produces toxins which find their way into the bloodstream and are carried to all parts of the body. Appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, cataract., and cancer are only a few of the diseases in which chronic constipation is an important predisposing factor.Constipation is one of the most common of all digestive disorders and it can affect people of all age groups, from toddlers to the aged.
Before you get ahead of yourself keep in mind that our digestive systems function differently and while some people may consider the absence of bowel movements on a single day as constipation, for some regular bowel movements may occur daily. Disruptions or aberrations from your normal routine that cause discomfort should be a cause for attention however. Constipation refers to the inability to pass stools and could involve straining to empty the bowels or the presence of excessively hard stools, causing discomfort and possibly pain.
The severity of constipation may vary greatly, but in most cases it is just a temporary phenomenon that will resolve naturally or with some intervention. Recurring bouts of constipation or chronic constipation can however be problematic and be indicative of other problems or a faulty diet. Chronic constipation in children, babies, toddlers and the elderly is not uncommon, and while it should not be neglected this is not a threatening condition if it responds to mild constipation treatments.
The symptoms, causes, and treatment for chronic constipation in children would be different from the treatment given to an adult. Constipation refers to any irregularity in, or absence of, bowel movements. The slow movement of food through the large intestine and the amount of time the waste remains in the colon are factors that contribute to constipation. More and more water is absorbed while the waste is in our body and the stool becomes drier and bulky thus more difficult to pass. Home remedies can help in releiving constipation.
Regular bowel movement is necessary to remove waste and toxins from the body. Some people will have movements every day, some others 3 times a week, this is normal, although some doctors consider a person moving bowels less then once a day to be constipated.
Home Remedies for Constipation are a very powerful natural way of returning the balance to the body. Constipation can be cause by lack of exercise, too much junk food, poor diet, painkillers, antidepressants and/or pregnancy. However serious diseases can cause constipation as well, including thyroid problems, circulatory disorder, diverticulitis, colon malfunction (fistulas, polyps, tumors, and obstruction). Constipation may be be caused due to a number of life style factors that may trigger it.
- The lack of enough fibers in the food is a main cause for constipation. Fruits, vegetables are rich in fibers.But in the modern world it is possible to live in a diet of entirely processed food and some people bring themselves awfully close to it.
- Lack of enough body fluids will increase the friction between faeces and intestine walls. So always take enough water to avoid constipation.
- Stress dosnt directly cause constipation. But it affects other bodily founctions and this may cause constipation.
- Lack of excercise andirregular bowel habits may also lead to constipation.
- Excess of oils in diet will also lead to constipation as this will hinder the digestion of carbohydrates and fats in the body.
- Take warm lime water early in the morning. It prevents Constipation and keeps the body and mind fresh. This is one of the useful home remedies for constipation.
- Grapes too have laxative properties and they prevent chronic Constipation. Dry grape has its own medical properties and helps in preventing Constipation. Soak dry grapes in a vessel overnight and take this at early morning in an empty stomach.
- Take 2-3 seeds each of suraj mukhi (sunflower), badaam (almonds), til (sesame) and linseed or flax seeds, grind it and make a thin powder. Eat this natural herbal homemade product (1 tablespoon) for a week either with fruit juice or salads. All your Constipation problems will be cured. This is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
- Going for morning walk by having 2-3 glasses of warm water also prevents Constipation and leads to clear bowel movements.
- Oranges are good for colons and it prevents Constipation. Take orange juice at anytime of the day and feel the difference that how far it clears your bowel system and refreshes you.
- Fax seeds have laxative properties. In a glass of water add one tablespoon of flaxseed and allow it to rest for 2-3 hours. At night before sleep drink this flaxseed water. You will have a clear bowel the next day. This is one of the useful home remedies for constipation.
- Vinegar extracted from apple and flaxseed paste also cures Constipation. Boil a glass of water containing flaxseed till it gets thick, and on cooling add half tablespoon apple extract vinegar, this mixture is ready to drink. You can drink this natural homemade herbal drink, which has no side effects, at early morning. It cures Constipation and is safe.
- Natural herb phyllium husk (isabgol) prevents Constipation. Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of phyllium husk. Drink this liquid early in the morning in an empty stomach for constipation relief.
- Soak dry figs in the water and keep it overnight then take this early in the morning. It prevents Constipation. This is one of the important home remedies for constipation.It is necessary to have 30 grams of fibers in the diet for people who are suffering from constipation. Include whole grains, fruits, leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Dried beans, prunes, figs, raisins, popcorn, oatmeals,pears and nuts are fiber rich food that may actually relieve you of constipation instantly.
- Regular excercise is a very effective way of getting rid of constipation. Walking is especially helpful in getting rid of Constipation.
- Psyllium seeds is an effective remedy for loosening up your bowels. These are supecondenesed fibers which are not addictive in nature and can be taken without side effects.
- Eat small meals over a course of time. This effectively gives time for the system to digest food better. The movement can be controlled by adjusting the timing and amount of food intake.
- Herbal laxitivies such as cascara sagrada can be usefull in fighting against constipation.
- Herbal laxitivies are aloe, senna, rhubarb, dandelion root and plantain leaves are an effective remedy for constipation.
- Two glasses of warm lemon juice can help your bowels to pass through normally.
- Take Apple pectin, helps with constipation and brings fibers into the body.
- Take folic acid. An insufficient intake of folic acid can lead to constipation.
- To clean and heal the digestive system take Aloe vera juice twice a day.
- Ginger tea is a great home remedy for constipation. It helps start bowel movement.
- Yerba mate in tea form is very helpful with constipation.
- Eat lots of fruits, green vegetables cabbage, peas, carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes, all these are high in fiber.
- Grapes have proved very beneficial in overcoming constipation. The combination of the properties of the cellulose, sugar, and organic acid in grapes make them a laxative food. Their field of action is not limited to clearing the bowels only. They also tone up the stomach and intestines and relieve the most chronic constipation. One should take at least 350 gm of this fruit daily to achieve the desired results. When fresh grapes are not available, raisins, soaked in water, can be used. Raisins should be soaked for twenty-four to forty-eight hours. This will make them swell to the original size of the grapes. They should be eaten early in the morning, along with the water in which they have been soaked.
- Exercise often a simple stroll in the park can relieve constipation.
Encyclopedia of Home remedies for better life