Get rid of abscess with home remedies
An abscess is a local accumulation of pus
It can occur almost anywhere on or in the body, but it most frequently occurs on the skin and the gums of the mouth. Abscesses can be very tender and painful and are marked by inflammation, swelling, heat, redness, and often fever. Abscesses are caused by an infection, so orthodox medical doctors often treat them with antibiotics.
But herbs are an effective and safe alternative, without the side effects of antibiotics
[/stextbox]Abscesses are caused by obstruction of oil (sebaceous) glands or sweat glands, inflammation of hair follicles, or minor breaks and punctures of the skin. Germs get under the skin or into these glands, which causes an inflammatory response as your body's defenses try to kill these germs.
The middle of the abscess liquefies and contains dead cells, bacteria, and other debris. This area begins to grow, creating tension under the skin and further inflammation of the surrounding tissues. Pressure and inflammation cause the pain. People with weakened immune systems get certain abscesses more often.
Those with any of the following are all at risk for having more severe abscesses. This is because the body has a decreased ability to ward off infections.
Home remedies for abscess
- If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than a half-inch across), applying warm compresses to the area for about 30 minutes 4 times daily can help.
- Do not attempt to drain the abscess by pressing on it.
- This can push the infected material into the deeper tissues.
- Do not stick a needle or other sharp instrument into the abscess center because you may injure an underlying blood vessel or cause the infection to spread.
- 3o drop echinacea tincture
- 6o drop.a yerba mania tincture
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine all the ingredients. Take up to five times per day to stimulate the immune system and help eliminate the infection.
Topical wash for skin and gum abscesses
- 1 to 2 teaspoons barberries
- 1 tablespoon white oak bark
- 1 teaspoon echinacea root
- 1 teaspoon granulated Oregon grape root
- 2 cups boiling water
- Combine the herbs in a glass container.
- Pour the boiling water over the herbs and soak for 3 to 4 hours; strain.
- Use three times a day as a wash.
- If you are using this tea to treat a gum abscess, be sure to swish the liquid around in your mouth for several minutes before spitting it out.
Dietary guidelines for abscess
- Drink at least ten 8-ounce glasses of pure water daily until the abscess heals.
- Eat plenty of steamed leafy green vegetables and sea vegetables to ensure a good supply of vitamins and minerals needed for healing.
- Eat fresh pineapple. Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, which is very effective at reducing inflammation.
- Eliminate from your diet all fried foods and anything containing refined sugar, which slow healing.
Nutritional supplements for abscess
Blue-green algae contain many trace minerals that are needed for healing and that are missing in the average diet. Take 300 milligrams two or three times daily
- Colloidal silver is a liquid mineral supplement that fights infection.
- Take 10 drops three to four times daily
- If you must take antibiotics, restore the body's "friendly" bacteria by taking a probiotic supplement, such as acidophilus and bifidobacteria, as recommended on the product label.
- If you are allergic to milk, select a dairy-free formula.
- Colostrum is another effective probiotic that can be taken on a rotating basis with acidophilus and bifidobacteria. Take 300 milligrams three times daily, between meals.
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids improve the immune response and help to reduce inflammation.
- Take 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C three to five times daily and 500 milligrams of mixed bioflavonoids three to four times daily.
- Cat's claw enhances the immune response and has antibacterial properties.
- Take 500 milligrams of standardized extract three times a day until the abscess clears.
- Echinacea and goldenseal have antibacterial properties and also boost the body's natural immune response. They are helpful for fighting virtually any type of infection.
- Take one dose of an echinacea and goldenseal combination formula supplying 250 to 500 milligrams of echinacea and 150 to 300 milligrams of goldenseal three to four times daily for up to one week.
Also, read Home-remedies-for-rosacea