Dendrobium extract benefits
Dendrobium is a relatively new supplement to the bodybuilding world, but its history dates back thousands of years. Dendrobium can be considered a traditional Chinese medicine, with its effects and uses being recorded for centuries.Dendrobium is a natural plant which can help you burn fat, increase your workout capacity, and improve your health long term!
Benefits of Dendrobium and Potential Side Effects
There are about 200 species of dendrobium but few of them have been used medicinally. Bioactive substances of dendrobium include:
- · Alkaloids, such as dendrotoxin
- · Denbinobine, which is an anti-cancer phenanthraquinone
- · Moscatilin
- · Fenfluramine
- · Chrysotile
- · Nucleic acids, such as Auanosine, Adenosine, Uridine,
- · Chalcone, which is an aromatic ketone that is used in anthocyanin synthesis
- · Physcione and rhein
Health Benefits of Dendrobium
There are several health benefits and therapeutic uses of dendrobium, and it is considered by the Chinese as one of the 50 fundamental herbs that is effective in the treatment of many kinds of ailments.
- · Dendrobium is useful in nourishing and moistening the skin, which prevents dryness and a flaky skin
- · There is one specific dendrobium tonic used by the Chinese for longevity. It is believed that when dendrobium is made as a tea by mixing it with licorice roots, it will transmit healing energy to all the parts of the body.
- · Dendrobium improves the functioning of the kidneys, lungs, and stomach. Dendrobium can reduce stomach pain, vomiting, and cramping.
- · By boosting the immune system of the body, dendrobium helps the body to fight infections.
- · Dendrobium is also useful in the treatment of tuberculosis, fever, and dyspepsia. Along with this, based on recent animal studies, there was evidence to suggest that dendrobium has analgesic and antipyretic properties; which means that it has pain relieving and anti-fever properties.
Bodybuilding Benefits of Dendrobium
- Dendrobium is very useful as a bodybuilding supplement and has become more used over the last few years. It is even surprising that it has taken so long for dendrobium to become a well-known bodybuilding supplement!
- Some of the benefits of dendrobium for bodybuilders include:
- · Dendrobium serves as a great mood enhancer and a stimulant. Dendrobium can work synergistically with caffeine to increase the effectiveness and work capacity of your workouts.
- · Dendrobium serves as a central nervous system stimulant, and when combined with dendrobium’s analgesic features with the mood-lifting effects of PEA, it becomes an attractive ingredient that has a positive impact as a pre-workout supplement. It increases the rate of your metabolism and helps you stay positive.
Presently there is a lack of information regarding the side effects of using dendrobium supplements on human subjects in a clinical setting.
The American Herbal Products Association considers dendrobium use safely when the appropriate dose is taken.
However, since dendrobium has a central nervous system stimulating properties, there very well could be cases of dizziness, insomnia, and anxiety in sensitive consumers of the product.
Overall, however, the risk is minimal.
Additional Quick Facts
It is possible to stack dendrobium with other thermogenic and stimulants such as caffeine and green tea.
In fact, this is probably when dendrobium is most effective!
Mixtures such as this can often be seen in many bodybuilding supplements where companies have formulated blends to make the most effective product possible.
It is highly recommended that dendrobium extract should be taken at least 30 to 40 minutes before the training, to occur the best results.
Adhering to the proper dosage when taking bodybuilding supplements will help to prevent any negative side effects, and this goes just the same for dendrobium.
When dendrobium is taken beyond the recommended dosage, it could have negative effects on the body.
There remains more to be explored about this awesome plant, and hopefully, more information regarding its health benefits will unfold.