Gastritis means inflammation of the stomach
In most cases, the lining of the stomach, suffer erosion and perforations,
sometimes even bleeding. The most common causes of gastritis are alcohol and most pain killers.
From aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Nuprin, to Aleve, and many others cause irritation of the gastrointestinal tract and this leads to gastritis and ulcers
Gastritis refers to a common inflammatory digestive condition that affects the stomach lining but is not a disease in itself. It is a health condition that could be brought on by some other disease as a symptom or it could have various other causes. Gastritis is characterized by the development of severe cramping or pain in the stomach or upper abdomen.
Symptoms of gastritis
This symptom of gastritis is often referred to as dyspepsia. Gastritis may be of two types, with the sudden and brief occurrence of gastritis referred to as acute gastritis, while the more persistent variety of the condition is referred to as chronic gastritis. Chronic gastritis may be present because of another health condition.
Gastritis or stomach upsets that develop due to the consumption of alcohol or certain medications like aspirin are classified as acute gastritis.
The symptoms that point to acute gastritis can be worrying in children, but treatment with natural methods should suffice. On the other hand, bacterial infections caused by bacteria like Helicobacter pylori cause infections of the stomach that may result in chronic gastritis. Chronic gastritis may also be due to conditions like peptic ulcers, but it should also be noted that chronic gastritis can cause a development of ulcers over time.
Chronic gastritis treatment should never be neglected as it can also increase the risk of developing stomach cancer. Do not attempt to treat even mild chronic gastritis with natural treatments or chronic gastritis remedies alone, as you would need medical advice for an accurate diagnosis in the first place.
People suffering from stress are also prone to gastritis, surgery, burns, trauma and other serious medical problems increase the chances of developing gastritis.The way gastritis attacks the stomach walls is by disrupting the mucosa, name given to the lining of the stomach. However, other types of gastritis produce inflammation underneath the stomach lining due to bacteria or anemia.
These cases are prone to develop into ulcers. Gastritis in most cases is painless, common symptoms are a loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea, bloating, and indigestion, some people may experience abdominal pain when eating.
Home remedies for gastritis
- The patient should avoid the use of alcohol, tobacco, spices, and condiments, meat, red pepper, sour foods, pickles, strong tea, and coffee. He should also avoid sweet, pastries, rich cakes, and, aerated waters.
- Coconut water is an excellent remedy for gastritis. It gives the stomach the necessary rest and provides vitamins and minerals. The stomach is greatly helped in returning to a normal condition if nothing but coconut water is given during the first twenty-four hours.
- Eliminate dairy products from your diet until the digestive system is healed.
- Drink eight large glasses of water a day.
- The herb marigold is also considered beneficial in the treatment of gastritis. An infusion of the herb in doses of a tablespoon may be taken twice daily.
- If your gastritis is caused by anemia, take supplemental chlorophyll two capsules three times a day, and follow the recommendations under anemia.
- Licorice (DGL) helps heal the gastrointestinal tract chew 300 to 600 mg. 30 minutes before meals. This herb is also used to treat ulcers. Licorice is as effective as Tagamet.
- Take Artichoke if you feel abdominal pain, bloating or to relieve vomiting, and nausea.
- One of the best herbs for treating gastritis is Ginger it relieves almost all symptoms
- antibacterial. It reduces nausea, stimulates digestion of fats and it’s a natural antibiotic.
- Goldenseal destroys bacteria that cause gastritis, stomach inflammation, and ulcers.
- Marshmallow relieves nausea, indigestion, gastritis, and ulcers.
- Peppermint contains volatile oils like menthol, relieves indigestion, gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Papaya seeds and pineapple aid digestion. It should be eating slightly ripe. Papaya is rich in digestive enzymes.
Author: Dr. Izharul Hasan