Like its name, bloodshot eyes is a common disorder where eyes become red-colored that resemble blood
The disuse is also called subconjunctival hemorrhage
It makes your personality unpleasant the problem is an outcome of the swelling in the blood vessels of the eyes In this disorder, too much blood gets deposited in blood vessels due to lack of oxygen
Such kind of disorder could also be a result of tiredness, eye strain, consumption of alcohol, high blood pressure, and deficiency of certain vitamin and minerals
A bloodshot eye is a condition that develops when the small blood vessels that we see on the surface of the eye become inflamed with too much blood caused by insufficient oxygen to the cornea.
If overwhelmed with fatigue, eyestrain, alcohol consumption, insufficient Vitamin B2 and B6 or high blood pressure, bloodshot eyes may appear. However, if all of these conditions are managed, bloodshot eyes should disappear.
Home Remedies for Bloodshot eyes
- Apply a cold compress over the closed eyes also brings good results.
- Pouring 2-3 drops of rosewater in the eyes has also been found very effective in the treatment of these disorders.
- One can also apply the hot and cold compresses alternatively on your eyes.
- One can make a mixture of rose water, milk, and Aloe Vera juice, soak a cotton pad in it, and put this pad on the eyes for 20 minutes.
Eat spinach and take Lutein or spinach extract because they contain carotenoid needed for retina and eye tissue.
- Take a Vitamin B complex. About 100 mg. of each B vitamin 3 times, a day has been shown to relieve the B vitamin deficiency that leads to bloodshot eyes.
- Use raspberry leaves to make a tea and when cool, soak a piece of cotton and apply it to the eye.
- Using Eyebright herb in drops is excellent for bloodshot eyes. This plant can be used internally and is much more effective than commercial eye drops and safer.
Take Ginkgo biloba
It increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the eye.
- If you have allergy from something, abstain from this allergen while you have bloodshot eyes. If your eyes become dry, you should apply some artificial tears that are without any preservative. During this disorder, you should refrain from wearing contact lenses. One should cover the eyes, as it increases the likelihood of bacterial and viral infections.
Also, Read Hair-loss-remedies