Food for thought: BEETROOT uses in toxicity and weight loss
Beet is a plant. The root is used in natural medicines. Beetroot and leaves are also eaten as a vegetable. Beets are commonly used in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also helpful in lowering triglycerides level (a type of fat ) in the blood and lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance and reduce muscular soreness .but there is limited scientific research to support the uses.
How does it work?
Beet contains chemicals that might reduce swelling and cholesterol. Also, beet can increase the levels of nitric oxide in the blood. Nitric oxide can affect blood vessels possibly reducing blood pressure and making it easier to exercise.
Uses and effectiveness
1) Athletic performance. Drinking beetroot juice helps you to move faster or with less effort. However, it is not clear how much and how often beetroot juice is needed. Beet might work better for people who exercise for fun than for highly trained athletes, Beetroot juice is well suited to people who exercise regularly and to keep them active with the pace of life.
2) Muscle soreness caused by exercise:
Drinking beetroot juice a few times a day for 48 hours after exercise seems to be helpful with sore muscles after sprinting or jumping. If you workout in the gym it can help treat tired muscles. So workout after drinking beetroot juice is easier and helpful in the long run to help with muscular exercises
3) High blood pressure:
High blood pressure is one of the commonest causes of any cardiovascular problems. Drinking beetroot juice might reduce blood pressure in some people. However, it doesn’t seem to work in people with high blood pressure. Drinking beet juice regularly will keep cardiovascular problems at bay.
4) Improving exercise performance and physical activity:
IF you want to be active and are tired of being lazy sitting in front of the tv or computer a glass of beetroot juice will help to some extent to be active throughout the day. Have it during your breakfast to gain those essential nutrients and vitamins to keep you active throughout the day. The best source of energy drink to keep you active throughout the day.
5) High levels of fats called triglycerides in blood:
If you have borderline high triglycerides and don’t want to fall prey to those allopathic medicines statins. We have the best solution is to drink a glass of beetroot juice every day which helps you keep full throughout the day and there is less consumption of fat. It helps in controlling the levels of triglycerides in the blood thus maintaining good cholesterol levels and good fats level high. It easily eliminates the bad cholesterol in the blood.
Detoxification: to reduce toxicity is the need of the hour. Understanding Detoxification :
We have been exposed to an increasing number of chemicals in our food supply, the air we breathe, and through many common items that we use daily cosmetics, and household cleaners. Among the potential adverse effects, these chemicals build up in our system and stall weight loss. While many factors often contribute researchers find that environmental toxins play an important role in being overweight and obese. That’s why a well-designed detox plan can help. Today I am going to introduce the detox system steps which use natural ingredients to support your body’s detoxification process. Besides helping you it eliminates the wrong food that causes weight gain. The right detox program can give your body and liver with overall health a helping hand eliminating those excess toxins.
Detoxification starts in the liver. While it is a complicated process your liver essentially does it in two phases. First, it converts toxic substances to highly reactive metabolites and then excretes these toxins. Your kidney lungs and even gut also play an important role in detoxification.
Toxins can impact these organs acutely and cumulatively. More dangerous are persistent and low graded toxins such as residue you consume regularly in conventionally grown fruits and vegetables. Reactions aren’t immediate and you might not see the connection between the chronic low graded toxicity and struggling weight loss.
The major factor of non-alcoholic fatty liver is insulin resistance, a condition usually associated with obesity or overweight. Normally the hormone insulin enables the body cells to take up glucose from the bloodstream to use as fuel. In insulin resistance, the cells don’t usually respond to insulin. They cannot sufficiently take up glucose and are deprived of this fuel. So this blood glucose then tends to rise. This causes the fat to deposit in the liver cells.
On the other hand, alcoholic liver disease is caused by overuse of alcohol
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Type 2 diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Fatty liver disease leads to fat infiltration in the liver and it may cause no damage but it can result in serious complications. The excess fat can lead to infiltration of the liver which is called steatohepatitis which over time can lead to scarring fibrosis of the liver leading to cirrhosis of the liver. Cirrhosis is the more severe complication with damage to the liver being permanent and resulting in loss of function. And over the years it can lead to cancerous conditions of the liver.
8) Anemia: Blood loss is one of the major contributing factors in prolonged menses and can be controlled by having a good amount of beetroot juice which provides the increased content of iron in the juice which helps in the formation of the blood which is the essential factor for curing anemia. So we should focus on drinking beetroot juice if we have iron deficiency anemia which is one of the essential factors instead of taking ferritin pills or iron tablets vitamins which cause more constipation.
9) Rich in iron and fiber content: Beetroot juice is rich in fiber content thus clearing the toxins and clearing up the stools properly from the stomach and is got great potential in clearing the toxins from the gut as it is rich in fiber.
10) May help prevent cancer: Beet gets their rich color from betalain which are water-soluble antioxidants. According to the study, betalains have chemoprotective properties against some cancer cell lines. Betalains are thought to prevent free radical scavengers that help find and destroy unstable cells in the body.
So these are the top potential uses of beet. consume beet as salad or juice in your everyday life and gain the benefits of beautiful skin and hair along with a healthy body.