Both women and men suffer from cystitis
The kidneys, ureters, bladder, penis and urethra all play a part in filtering and expelling waste material (urine) from the body.
Cystitis (an infection of the bladder), urethritis (an infection of the urethra), and acute pyelonephritis (a kidney infection) are more common in women. But all of these conditions can also occur in men and may be a sign of serious underlying conditions such as problems with the prostate gland. For all of these complications there are some very powerful home remedies for cystitis. Urethritis in the male is most often contracted as a result of sexual contact. Many conditions affecting the kidneys, bladder or urethra are described as urinary tract infections.
Nearly 85 percent of urinary tract infections are caused by bacterium that is normally found in the intestines. Cystitis occurs much more frequently in women than in men, for the close proximity of the anus, vagina and urethra in females. While cystitis is more common in women and does not represent any serious complications, in men it may be a sign of prostatitis. In any case home remedies for cystitis are very well known and many home remedies for cystitis have been used for thousands of years.
Cystitis is characterized by an urgent need to empty the bladder. Urination is typically frequent and painful; even after urination there may be a need to empty the bladder again. Often the urine has a very unpleasant odor and it may look cloudy. There may be also blood in the urine. If cystitis is not treated may lead to kidney infection.
- Cucumber juice is one of the most useful home remedies in the treatment of cystitis. It is a very effective diuretic. A cup of this juice, mixed with one teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of fresh lime juice, should be given three times daily.
- Cranberry is one of the best herbal remedies for cystitis and all types of bladder infections. Quality cranberry juice produces hippuric acid in the urine, which adds acidity
to the urine preventing bacterial growth. Drink 1 quart of cranberry juice daily. Attention: You must drink pure, unsweetened juice from a quality health store. You can also take cranberry capsules with lots of pure water.
- Cystitis curing infusion:1 tsp. birch leaves (a natural diuretic that reduces cystitis pain)
Mix all herbs and add boiling water, simmer for one minute, strain and drink two cups a day.
- Fresh juice of the flowers of drumstick is another effective remedy for cystitis. For better results, a teaspoon of the juice, mixed with half a glass of tender coconut water, should be given twice daily. It acts as a diuretic in the treatment of this disease.
- Eat plenty blueberries, they have been just as good as cranberry juice for relieving cystitis symptoms.
- Take Goldenseal extracts for 3 days and discontinue. This is especially good for bleeding cystitis, it has antiseptic properties and it is an antibacterial agent.
- The oil of sandalwood is also considered valuable in this disease. This oil should be given in doses of five drops in the beginning and gradually increased to ten to thirty drops. The efficacy of this oil can be increased by the addition of one teaspoon of carom seeds mixed in a glass of water, or ten grams of ginger mixed in cup water.
- Uva ursi (bearberry, a type of cranberry) used in small amounts and added to a cup of herbal tea acts as a diuretic and antiseptic combating Coli the bacteria that causes cystitis.
Also Read Home Remedies for bladder Infection