Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a common health condition. It is essentially an infection caused by bacteria in the bladder and connection tubes. UTI causes are often attributed to menopause, diabetes, pregnancy, and sexual intercourse.
when it is left untreated for a long time, urinary tract infection can be potentially harmful.
The infection can ascend into the bladder and kidneys and may cause life-threatening conditions. However, the condition in its mild form can be treated with the use of several natural methods.
when you begin to feel the initial symptoms of the condition which include pain and burning sensation when urinating, you should already do something to prevent the progress of the disease. You can visit your physician for advice but there are also some home remedies you can utilize.
How to cure UTI home remedy
Around 25-40% uncomplicated cases of UTI infections heal on their own. People can use home remedies in these cases to speed up recovery.
Kindly note if the UTI is complicated it will require medical diagnosis and treatment.
if the UTI is complicated it will require medical diagnosis and treatment. Following factors are said to be complicated
- Conditions which affect the human immune system, such as heart disease, lupus, or
- Changes in the urinary tract organs, such as swollen prostate or a reduced flow of urine.
- Species of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics
when you have a UTI the very first thing to do is drink a lot of water. Consume 8 to 10 glasses every day. Drinking this much water will increase urination which can greatly help to clear the infection. Drinking vegetable or fruit juices is also recommended as they contain essential minerals and vitamins which also help to cure the condition.
Tea Tree Oil:
This oil contains antibacterial attributes which combat against UTI’s. Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil into the bath and use the water to cleanse the opening of the urethra. You can also
use a mixture of sandalwood oil and juniper oil to massage into the abdominal areas close to the bladder. Doing this will relieve the pain effectively. Use this treatment every day for up to 4 days and you will get great results.
This is a herb which has many substances that will combat UTI. It has antiseptic qualities to aid in fighting infections. You can get uva ursi at a health store. Taking it in supplement form will also stimulate urination. Children and those with liver or kidney disease should abstain from taking Uva ursi.
Vitamin C restricts bacteria growth and acidifies the urine keeping the bladder healthy. Eat lots of oranges, lemon, guava, papaya, tomato, raspberry, pineapple, melon, kiwifruit, watermelon, and banana. You can also take vitamin C supplements.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar contains potassium, good enzymes and important minerals which inhibits the bacteria that UTIs are caused from and stops them from spreading.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural antibiotic.
- Mix a glass of water to 2 or 3 tsp’s of apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey.
- consume 2 to 3 times every day.
- Mix a tsp of baking soda with water.
- Drink a glass of this three times a day.
- This will heighten the balance of acid in the urine inducing instant pain relief.
- When the urine becomes neutralized, you will recover a lot quicker.
Blueberries contain curative properties that fight bacteria and are a great UTI remedy.
- Eat blueberries with cereal for breakfast.
- Making a blueberry juice is also a nice way to consume it.
- Blueberries contain antioxidants which boost the immune system and also prevent bacteria from growing.
Consuming a half glass of cranberry juice every day will prevent any UTI from forming. If you already have a UTI, drinking this juice will stop it from spreading to the kidneys. Cranberry juice is also a mild antibiotic. You can add some apple juice to the cranberry juice to sweeten it.
The enzyme Bromelain is found in pineapple. This has anti-inflammatory attributes which will lessen the symptoms of UTI.
- Drink a glassful of fresh pineapple juice every day.
- To successfully rid the infection you should always take the prescription antibiotics as well as the pineapple juice.
Hot Water Compresses:
Hot compresses also aid in fighting a UTI. Place a hot water bottle between your legs for some minutes. Doing this regularly will lessen bladder pressure which will
provide relief from the pain. It will also lessen the swelling and help prevent the infection from spreading.