- What Is Constipation?
- What Causes Constipation?
- Symptoms of constipation
- What Can I Do About Constipation?
- How to get rid of constipation fast at home
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Add more fiber to your diet
- Get enough exercise
- Allow enough time to visit the restroom
- What About Laxatives?
- Home Remedies for constipation
- Wheat Bran
- Pear Guava
- Bael fruit
- Copper Glass
How to get rid of constipation fast without medicine
What Is Constipation?
Constipation is a common digestive problem and may mean different things to different people. Your stool may be hard, dry and difficult to pass. You may strain when you have a bowel movement, or only have a bowel movement 2 times per week. Or you may feel like you still need to have a bowel movement even if you’ve just had one. Some people think they are constipated if they don’t have a bowel movement every day. However, bowel habits are different for everyone. while passing one or more soft, formed stools every day is a desirable goal, a “normal” range is anywhere between
3 times a day and 3 times per week.
At one time or another; almost everyone gets constipated. Although it is bothersome in most cases, constipation lasts only for a short time and is not serious. However, there may be other underlying problems causing constipation and, therefore testing is often recommended. Fortunately, in most cases, constipation can be easily treated by making a few lifestyle changes.
What Causes Constipation?
- Wrong diet, faulty lifestyle and irregular eating habits
- Lack of roughage (fruits and vegetables) in diet
- Insufficient intake of water
- Sedentary lifestyle
As digested food moves through your colon (large intestine), water is absorbed by creating the waste product, or stool. Muscle contractions in the colon move the stool d.nn the intestine toward the rectum. By the time the stool reaches the rectum,n it is formed and solid because most of the water has been absorbed.
Constipation occurs when stool passes through the colon too slowly if the stool Colon wall Excessive amount’ Hard Constipation stays in the large intestine too long, the intestine removes too much water. The result is the hard and dry, or infrequent and difficult to expel stools of constipation. A number of things can cause the colon to move too slowly. These include not drinking enough fluids, not eating enough fiber, not being active enough, ignoring the urge to have an Octel movement, or taking certain medications.
Symptoms of constipation
- Difficulty in passing motion Painful and hard stools Irregularity in motion cycles.
- Coated tongue, ulcers in the mouth, bad breath, loss of appetite, dizziness, and nausea.
- Dark circles under the eyes, pimples on face, depression, and insomnia.
- Bloated abdomen and diarrhea which may alternate with constipation.
Stools are arduous, dry, and rare. It’s tough to have a bowel motion Different signs could embody belly discomfort, lack of vitality, dull headache, an unfortunate urge for food, and small again ache
What Can I Do About Constipation?
The good news is that there are some simple things you can do to relieve symptoms and prevent
constipation in the future. The most important of these are drinking plenty of fluids, eating a diet
high in fiber, exercising regularly and maintaining good bowel habits.
How to get rid of constipation fast at home
Drink plenty of fluids
Drinking enough fluids like water and juice adds fluid to the colon and helps make bowel
movements softer and easier to pass. If you are having problems with constipation, you should try to drink more fluids six to eight 8-oz. glasses a day is a good goal. However, liquids that contain caffeine, such as coffee and soda, tend to have a dehydrating effect and may worsen your symptoms. Alcohol also causes dehydration.
Add more fiber to your diet
People who have an adequate amount of fiber in their diet are less likely to experience constipation. Fiber helps form soft, bulky stools that are easier to pass.
Foods rich in fiber include:
- whole grain bread and brown rice.
- unrefined breakfast cereals (bran)
- Fresh fruits (skin and pulp)
- Dried fruits (prunes, apricots, figs)
- Raw vegetables (cooking reduces fiber content)
- Beans and nuts
when adding fiber to your diet, start slowly and gradually increase the amount. This will help reduce gas and bloating. If you are prone to constipation, it may also be helpful to limit foods that have little or no fiber such as ice cream, cheese, eggs, meat, and refined or processed foods.
Your doctor may suggest that you take a fiber supplement Fiber supplements such as psyllium methylcellulose and polycarbophil may be purchased at your local pharmacy or grocery without a prescription. Be sure to take your fiber supplement with plenty of water as directed.
Get enough exercise
Regular exercise helps your digestive system stay active and healthy. Try to find time to engage in 20-30 minutes of exercise daily.
Allow enough time to visit the restroom
Make sure you visit the restroom when you feel the urge to have a bowel movement. Don’t ignore the urge to go. If you usually have a bowel movement at a certain time of the day allow enough time for an undisturbed visit to the restroom around that
What About Laxatives?
Laxatives are medications or herbal supplements that loosen the stool or cause you to have a bowel
movement. Most people who are mildly constipated.
Home Remedies for constipation
Add wheat bran to your chapattis ( 2 tsp ) or add to soups to thicken them. Drink
10-12 Of water a day with wheat bran to prevent gas formation.
Eat around 6-8 prunes every day for their laxative effect. For kids soak 6-8 in water, grind and give to the kid.
- Spinach Cucumbers Carrot
Soak 4-5 dates in water at night, mash it next morning into fine syrup and drink it slowly for its laxative properties.
2-3 figs a day help provide the required bulk to stools and
stimulate peristalsis. You can soak them overnight — grind and drink the juice in the morning.
Eating one pear daily after dinner is effective. Guava is another effective remedy for constipation. When eaten with seeds, it provides roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels. One or two guavas should be eaten daily.
Grapes have proved to be very beneficial in overcoming constipation. The combination of the properties of the cellulose, sugar, and organic acid in grapes make them a laxative food. Their field of action is not limited to only clearing the bowels. They also tone up the stomach and intestines and relieve chronic constipation.
One should take at least 100 g of this fruit daily to achieve the desired results. When fresh grapes are not available, raisins, soaked in water, can be used. Raisins should be soaked for a day or two. This will make them swell to the original size of the grapes. They should be eaten early in the morning, along with the water in which they have been soaked.
Bael fruit is an excellent laxative. Eating one bael fruit regularly before dinner, for few months cures constipation completely. Orange is also beneficial in the treatment of constipation. Eating one or two oranges at bedtime and again on rising in the morning is an excellent way of stimulating the bowels. The general stimulating influence of orange juice excites peristaltic activity and helps prevent the accumulation of food residue in the colon.
Fresh figs or dry figs soaked in water for few hours act as an excellent laxative.
Eating ripe papaya daily during the day helps to relieve constipation.
Drinking plenty of water and consuming soup, lemon juice, and fruit juices also helps.
Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of hot water and add salt to taste. This is an effective remedy for constipation.
Store water in a copper vessel overnight and drink this water as soon as you wake up. This is quite effective.
Linseed (flaxseed) is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation.
- A teaspoon of linseed swallowed with water before each meal provides both roughage and lubrication.
- Soak few dates in water overnight.
- Next day morning remove the seeds, squeeze it and then eat it.
- The larger the quantity of fiber within the food plan, the bigger and softer will the tools be.
- Eat smaller quantities of meals at every meal.
- Concentrated meals, reminiscent of meats, sugar, and cheese are glorious for producing constipation.
- Dairy meals, mushy drinks, white flour, salt, espresso, alcohol, extremely processed meals, and sugary meals shouldn’t be used, if you wish to clear up this drawback.
- Iron dietary supplements trigger constipation. So do painkillers and antidepressants.
- All decongestants and antihistamines are drying brokers and should trigger the stool to turn out to be dryer than it ought to.
- Eat prunes or figs.
- Flaxseed meal (greatest freshly floor) is useful.
- Each will soften stools. Psyllium seed can be useful, however, take it shortly with a full glassful of water.
- When crucial, take cleaning enemas to alleviate the load on the bowel. However, the answer is best residing, not reliance on medicines.
There’s at all times the likelihood that, if constipation happens too steadily, that most cancer, or another obstruction of the bowel, could also be concerned. Different signs of colon most cancers embody extreme cramping; blood in the stool; a young, distended stomach; and actually narrowed feces. However, most cancers could be current without these signs occurring.