(Last Updated On: April 18, 2021)
How to Cure Bacterial Vaginosis with Effective home remedies
The more you become concerned about your health, the better. Having an eye on the types of diseases and ailments leads you to have a healthy life with extreme satisfaction. Diseases can occur to any person at any age. However, in this reading, you are going to read about a common disease that could be seen among women. Bacterial Vaginosis! Well, it is quite great if you have known this term already because it can occur to one in every five women. Even if you do not have a clear-cut understanding of these you are going to get to know about a lot of things that are worth knowing as a woman.
This article Contents includes
- What Do We Mean by Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Causes For It
- Identical Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
- How To treat it At Home?
- Prevention of Bacterial Vaginosis
What Do We Mean by Bacterial Vaginosis?
Naturally, the vagina is said considered a place rich with bacteria. Some of the bacteria are favorable while some are not. There is a proper balance of these bacteria in the vagina of a healthy woman. But when this natural balance gets disturbed it leads to several health issues out of which the Bacterial Vaginosis takes a major place. During such an instance there occurs a rapid growth of the unfavorable bacteria in the vagina which worsens the conditions of Bacterial Vaginosis.
Causes for Bacterial Vaginosis
The causes of this disease are still under the scientific research level. Yet there are some key factors which could be identified as causes for it.
- Sexual engagement – not every woman who engages in sex gets victimized by this disease. But if there is a woman who engages in one or more sex partners there is a possibility of getting prone to this disease. There is a false belief in society that only women who are active during sex engagements get this disease. But it is not true. You have to keep in your mind that Bacterial Vaginosis could be a threat to the other women who do not engage in several sex partners as well.
- Smoking- as you already know smoking is the root of a wide range of fatal diseases of humans. Keep in your mind that smoking can cause women Bacterial Vaginosis in different ways.
- Douching – since childhood we are taught of cleaning our vagina and the sexual areas properly with clean water. Sometimes we use various kinds of chemical substances to clean and rinse it. although it is good to clean the vaginal areas, reaching the extreme of it can cause Bacterial Vaginosis. How does it happen? Well using these chemicals and rinsing off with them can lead to the imbalance of the natural growth of bacteria in the vagina. It causes rapid growth of anaerobic bacteria which can cause this disease. However, it is better to keep in mind that the vagina is meant to be a self-cleaning spot so there is no need of using soap and chemicals to clean and rinse by exerting extra force on it.
Identical Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial Vaginosis is considered a disease with less or no symptoms at all. Scientists have identified several minor symptoms that could be used to identify Bacterial Vaginosis. The major symptom is the vaginal discharge that could be seen after a sexual engagement. This discharge is yellow or slightly greyish white and has a bad odor. It is better to pay your attention to these symptoms and keep track in these because the majority of women who suffer from Bacterial Vaginosis do not show any identifiable symptoms and it causes to fatal stages at later parts of their life. Some of the major complications of this disease are miscarriages, getting prone to pelvic infections, and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV.
How to Cure Bacterial Vaginosis at Home?
Now that you have a good understanding of the background of Bacterial Vaginosis let us get to look deeper into the ways of treating it at home. There are several effective home remedies that you can use to treat Bacterial Vaginosis. Here are some!
#1: Pure Coconut Oil
Get these essentials provided: you will have to use 2 or 3 teaspoons of coconut oil
Follow these steps:
- After preparing the teaspoons of coconut oil let it freeze for a few minutes.
- By letting it freeze you will notice a semi-solid portion of the coconut oil. Get it off from the rest and place it in the vagina at your comfort.
- Leave it there for a few minutes and let it melt inside.
How often you must practice these steps?: to receive the best results you can practice this daily with necessary preparations.
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: as you know, coconut oil is used to treat many diseases and illnesses. It has antimicrobial functions which are a plus point in treatments. Coconut oil is used as a home remedy to treat Bacterial Vaginosis because it can battle with harmful or unfavorable bacteria which leads to the retaining of the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina.
#2: Hydrogen Peroxide
Get these essentials provided: one tablespoon containing 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and a tablespoon of pure water
Follow these steps:
- Take equal amounts of Hydrogen peroxide and water and mix them well. Now spray the mixture in your vagina at your ease.
- Now hold the prepared mixture in your mixture for a few minutes and drain it out after a while without exerting extra pressure.
- As an alternative, you can soak a tampon in the mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and water and position it in your vagina for about half an hour.
How often you must practice these steps?: you can follow this method daily for about three weeks to receive the best possible results.
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: Hydrogen Peroxide is clinically proven for treating infections. It contains natural disinfectant properties thus can avoid the bacteria which cause infections in your vagina. Furthermore, Hydrogen Peroxide can maintain a proper pH balance inside the vagina which indirectly supports the existence of the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina.
Get these essentials provided: Arrange a clove of Garlic
Follow these steps:
- After preparing a clove of Garlic, make sure to cut it into half.
- Now place the cut garlic in your vagina properly before going to the bed.
- Remove the placed Garlic clove the following morning
How often you must practice these steps?:
it is better to practice this simple home remedy every night for a few weeks till you feel better.
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: Although we have heard of Garlic as a supplement for preparing foods, it can be used to treat Bacterial Vaginosis because of certain important components. Garlic is rich in Allicin which has got highly effective antimicrobial properties. It can fight against a vast range of bacteria and other types of microorganisms which is why it is being used to treat Bacterial Vaginosis. Garlic also contains some other chemical ingredients which can sustain the natural bacteria balance of the Vagina.
#4: Apple Cider Vinegar
Get these essentials provided: Arrange 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar and a cup of clean water
Follow these steps:
- Steps are easy if you have to get the necessary items prepared at first.
- First mix apple cider vinegar and water well in a clean container.
- Now rinse your vagina with it.
How often you must practice these steps?: Conduct this process twice a day while taking great care of the hygiene of the ingredients
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: Apple cider vinegar is considered a great home remedy because it has a marvelous ability to maintain the pH of the internal body parts. Practicing these simple steps will help you to alleviate some of the symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis.
#5: Tea Tree oil
Get these essentials provided: 3- 4 drops of tree tea oil, Tampons, 30ml of Coconut oil, and a bowl with clean warm water
Follow these steps:
- First of all, add the drops of tea tree oil to the bowl of warm water
- Now add the coconut oil to the warm water
- Mix all the ingredients well for a few minutes
- Soak the tampon in the mixture till it absorbs the ingredients well
- Now place the tampon in your vagina and keep it for about one to two hours
How often you must practice these steps?: the process of preparation and getting provided all the ingredients will be quite tough. But if you can do this daily for at least a week you will be able to feel total comfort.
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: tea tree oil is well known to treat several diseases that are caused by bacteria and other types of microorganisms. Unlike the other treatment methods, tea tree oil has got antiseptic qualities which are quite noticeable. Hence it can fight against many kinds of germs. Tea tree oil also has got amazing antimicrobial properties just like the other home remedies mentioned above. It is the major reason why it is being used to treat patients who suffer from Bacterial Vaginosis.
#6: Turmeric Powder
Get these essentials provided: You need to have one cup of hot milk and one teaspoon of turmeric powder
Follow these steps:
- Add the two ingredients and mix them well
How often you must practice these steps? you can consume this drink once a day. It is better if you can consume it before going to bed at the night.
Why it is considered a fruitful home remedy?: Turmeric includes Curcumin which is enabling antimicrobial functions. It is the major reason why it is being used as an effective home remedy to treat Bacterial Vaginosis.
Prevention of Bacterial Vaginosis
As the saying goes “Prevention is better than cure” it is quite great if we can avoid being subjected to these types of diseases without letting them become a threat to our lives. The ways to prevent are easy but many people are not aware of these. Read below to get an idea of the simple steps that you can follow to prevent Bacterial Vaginosis.
- Avoid using perfumes or deodorants around the vaginal areas – since all women love to look great and smell pretty awesome they use different kinds of perfumes and scented products to make their bodies appealing and fragrant to the onlookers. But if there is someone who uses these products in genital areas it can cause major diseases including Bacterial Vaginosis.
- Stop over-washing – as most of the women are highly concerned about their hygiene and cleanliness they try to wash their vaginal areas thoroughly in the process of cleaning. We all should indeed stay clean and neat. Since washing causes the important types of bacteria to get removed from your vagina, it directly affects the natural bacterial balance of it.
- Avoid having several sex partners – as mentioned before, you now know that engaging in sexual activities with multiple sex partners can cause Bacterial Vaginosis. Hence make sure that all sexual engagements are safe and clean.
Identifying this disease was quite hard. But if you could recognize any symptoms or signs do not delay to take necessary precautions to get rid of it at your earliest possible time. Even if you take the necessary steps to prevent it some women get subjected to the disease within a period of 3 to 12 months. Hence keep track of all the differences that occur in the vaginal areas to escape being prone to Bacterial Vaginosis.
Also, do not forget to share this health message with your fellow sisters and friends and be a part of their healthy lives.